Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
@Wahaha360 why not stick with the initial plan and have the new front come with the case and offer the other two as accessories. Too much of a split in the community to just have one.

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
my 2cts, you should keep the power button / USB-c available on the front panel sides no matter which front panel is selected.

I think glass *could be* the best option *if removable* for maybe replacing it with a distroplate, lcd screen, whatever in the future ?

I voted to keep the default because I don't hate the renders but in the meantime plain glass won't do for me.

Mesh front seems like an interesting idea.

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Just add 2 options on the page where you buy the case: Plain and Two-Tone
The TwoTone option should be available later, satisfying the demands of both groups.

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021
Hey guys and @Wahaha360 , let's see what you think of this idea:

It would be to exactly replicate the "TwoTone" front panel —keeping the pure lines of the original T1 model— but in one piece, to avoid those two-piece color mismatch problems.

It would be, therefore, the current panel model, but eliminating those unnecessary lines (see fig. 3).

I think the magic of the original T1 was precisely that the front panel was ABSOLUTELY plain, without any additions. And, when you got to the edge, it simply produced the 90% angle. There were NO dividing lines.

:)

Last edited:

Vareen

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2021
...and it turns out that multiple people want multiple things, thereby complicating/delaying the manufacturing process. Yay for societal non-uniformity! 😁

For myself, I want maximum room in this already small case, so the originally-stated flat, one-colour front is my preference. I'm not intimately familiar with the T1 design (I only found it recently), so I can't comment as to improvements like those suggested above, but I'll gladly take it as W360 presented it.

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
Hey guys and @Wahaha360 , let's see what you think of this idea:

It would be to exactly replicate the "TwoTone" front panel —keeping the pure lines of the original T1 model— but in one piece, to avoid those two-piece color mismatch problems.

It would be, therefore, the current panel model, but eliminating those unnecessary lines (see fig. 3).

I think the magic of the original T1 was precisely that the front panel was ABSOLUTELY plain, without any additions. And, when you got to the edge, it simply produced the 90% angle. There were NO dividing lines.

:)
This guys got the answer. Those lines don’t do anything and take away from the clean aesthetic of the original version. Keep the panel clean to pay homage to the original but do away with the split design as a way to step into the future.

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
Here is my idea of the getting old look for V2 just milling 0.5mm from it and still keeping panel solid.

Back view, extra rigidity from back.

Side view, here is 0.5mm gap from milled solid panel.

I think the milled slot is the best of both worlds too. I actually really like that idea.

Reactions: SFFUSER

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021
I think the milled slot is the best of both worlds too. I actually really like that idea.
This is Awesone.

I think we all agree that it's easier and better to have just one piece front panel.

Also, to match that minimalist, simple, pure lines of the original T1.

This thing you just made is that (well, that split in half is indeed an unnecesary line) but it replicate perfectly the original T1

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
This is Awesone.

I think we all agree that it's easier and better to have just one piece front panel.

Also, to match that minimalist, simple, pure lines of the original T1.

This thing you just made is that (well, that split in half is indeed an unnecesary line) but it replicate perfectly the original T1
Ehm no, we don't. The original duo tone front is my preference and so is a little over 44% of the total market's going by the poll.
So actually most people prefer the old style.

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021
Ehm no, we don't. The original duo tone front is my preference and so is a little over half of the total market's going by the poll.
Oh, well, yeah that would be the PERFECT thing for me too, but... Im just trying to mix both of those ideas.

In my opinion, the BEST thing would be to replicate the original T1 duo-tone, yeah, but its difficult. I would pay more for it, thats for sure.

Reactions: PKAWA

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Edited my answer to be mathematically correct and account for the few votes that actually want to look at the psu through a glass panel.
But yes, the original front would be my preference as well but with the usb-c and power button and aluminum side.
Much like what was promised for the original T1 accessories....

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
Ehm no, we don't. The original duo tone front is my preference and so is a little over 44% of the total market's going by the poll.
So actually most people prefer the old style.
To be fair, I voted for "two tone" but I really just want the split front panel. I would prefer that it be a single colour, but that's not an option on the poll.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
😫 hardly anyone wants the inlay glass front. It would be so cool to put a custom lcd screen behind it for monitoring system stats! I hope it gets offered as an accessory!!

Is there any chance of offering a mesh front?

Accessory for 2022Q2

But my question is, why entertain offering the split panel as default if the whole point was to make the case easier to produce? Is two tone easier than one tone?

No TwoTone is more difficult, but people seems to like it.

@Wahaha360 if you have any actual samples of the solid panel in hand and can take some pictures that’d be super helpful with this whole debate. I think the renders maybe look tackier than it probably appears in real life.

In the works.

my 2cts, you should keep the power button / USB-c available on the front panel sides no matter which front panel is selected.

I think glass *could be* the best option *if removable* for maybe replacing it with a distroplate, lcd screen, whatever in the future ?

I voted to keep the default because I don't hate the renders but in the meantime plain glass won't do for me.

Mesh front seems like an interesting idea.

TG *could be removed, it makes installing large GPUs easier, just insert from the front.

The Open Front Panel that encloses the TG also opens up the possibility of mesh and other material for the Front Panel, it's a nice accessory for 2022Q2.

It feels like we have to wait until 2022 :(

Soul crushing, lets hope not, I want to get something out before end of Dec.

@Nomo @Aleksander @PKAWA @Kapsi @fish.ch @Asuka4Laifu @Oranjecrush @Stinkybear @jvtrevisan @JankyWrender @Vareen @NRG @Nurlan @JDuval

Working on the Split Front Panel.