Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
Pulled the trigger ... lets see what will happen mid of 2022. I love my SM550, but man ... T1 Tower will bring this to a whole another level.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Will the two tone add on be available so you can buy a top and bottom in the same color? This way we could get the iconic split from panel look.

This is actually the most difficult, because we will have to match anodizing color. 2022Q2 maybe.

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021

2021-12-03: Default Front Panel Poll!​

The current T1 V2 default Front Panel is controversial to some people. Let's poll!

OMG....
Yes, indeed, as I saw the new front panel, I didn't like it as much as what i felt when I first discovered the original T1. I Hope that we can get that same fantastic and minimalistic front panel 😭 I would even consider, after all this time waiting, to finally buy from ebay the old, awesome looking, original T1 😍🤩

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018

The current T1 V2 default Front Panel is controversial to some people. Let's poll!

I think the pool shows you can't win this argument lol.

I'm a boring/simple guy, so I like all my possessions as plain/clean as possible. For me the way to go is the default clean front panel, mainly because it solidifies the evolution from V1, V1.1 to V2. And since no one is rooting for this version, I thought I would say something.

fish.ch

Caliper Novice
Jan 26, 2020
Is there any chance of offering a mesh front?
Not trying to dissuade you, but I don't see how it would do anything useful other than showing shadow show of cable nest you've crammed in there.

Two tone (or single tone, but with two sepparate panels) looks nicer, I'm not sure how I feel about $22.5 premium.
Is that center "insert"/frame around the face on new one has any functional purpose? Seems like it's made as interchangeable part for both metal/glass options, but if that's not the case, then maybe we can look into an option/render without it — a plain panel?

Last edited:

Asuka4Laifu

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2020
I'm just going to offer a slightly different POV. Two tone doesn't look nice imho, if it was a single color it would be my preferred option (or dark grey+black for a layered look - though I'd imagine that would be hard to produce and would cause problems).

The one piece would look cleaner in a lot of setups because it's just one color and it would be a "sane" default.

Oranjecrush

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 9, 2021
I don't have a problem with the plain front panel because I look at this as a no nonsense case. I'm buying it because of what it can do not because of what it looks like. I just want the case as soon as possible and if changing the front panel is going to cause a delay I don't want that

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I'm good with a plain front if it's cheaper and generally people are happy with cheaper. But I'm looking forward to glass to put a screen in for a different build than v1.1 but I can see not everyone wanting that.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

KamikazePlatypus

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2018

I'm for keeping the default panel and offering the split panel as an accessory in one color. However, I fear that most people will buy the accessory and that will create delays, since you said it's hard to produce en masse.

But my question is, why entertain offering the split panel as default if the whole point was to make the case easier to produce? Is two tone easier than one tone?

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

jvtrevisan

Cable Smoosher
Oct 23, 2021
The current T1 V2 default Front Panel is controversial to some people

I was one of those that checked the new default plain front render and thought “arghs, why changing that iconic look of V1.1 front… well, it’s looking great too… and will be possible to buy my all black split front as an accessory though, so…”.
After reading the arguments here and in reddit, I imagined about a “merge” of the concept/look&feel of the split front with a plain front, coming with the idea below, with an all-black plain front panel with just a thin recessed frieze with the proportions of the T1V1.1 front panel. Maybe it’d be a better costwise/manufacture + easier QC + less risk/faster CNC/anodization processes.

Just my 2 cents here.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Also depending on the structure of the solid front panel, I wonder if it could be modded with a wood look or something custom. I can also see the glass being removed (if on by adhesive) and modded similarly.