Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I won't ask any further liquid cooling questions since it's been requested to end that line of conversation, but I do have one question about the design of the chassis as it relates to liquid cooling:

There are two outlet ports that allow tubing to be run out the back of the case. If one were to put a pump on the rear of the chassis, is there any gap somewhere that would allow for the pump's power cable to be run into the chassis so it can be plugged into the motherboard? I was looking at pics of v1.1 T1s and I couldn't find any indication one way or the other.

Yes.

DavidN

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2021
If I reserve a sandwich now but end up wanting to switch to reference (or vice versa) after seeing a deep-dive review, or want to switch color after seeing some more images, would that be possible without losing the reservation spot? And do you know when we might see a review?

Also, should we expect black and titanium to be released at the same time? Two-tone not on the table for the first batch?

Last edited:

JonnoWasTaken

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 14, 2021
I've recently managed to get a pretty good deal on a used Ncase M1 but I'm tempted to reserve one of these with the May 2022 shipping option. I take it the reservation can be cancelled if I change my mind?

DavidN

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2021
I'm getting this when trying to checkout, even though I selected to pay up to 45 USD for shipping :(

DavidN

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2021
Are you trying to ship a reference to a country not in this list: US, UK, AU, DE, CN?
Not a reference, I'm trying to ship a sandwich with riser to Sweden. Where did you find that list btw?

Note: I'm getting the same error on checkout even if I select the "Ship from Europe in May 2022" option. So I'm guessing that something is just wrong.

Last edited:

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
By the way. I have selected "shipping from ASIA + 45USD shipping plus" because shipping from EU and getting the case in May was kinda frustrating to me. Will shipping from Asia be delivered before May? January maybe? Or it will be more or less around May as well?

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
Yes (Sweden), where did you find that list?

I'm getting the same error on checkout even if I select the "Ship from Europe in May 2022" option.
Reference is not going to be available in EU for a while. So you can only choose between black or titanium sandwich layout. Then the shipping mode you prefer. Shipping from Asia means customs (not included) at some point, so keep it in mind. From EU should not, but I'm not sure how is going to be the shipping from EU nor from what country (Germany most likely, but I don't know).

Last edited:

DavidN

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2021
Reference is not going available in EU for a while. So you can only choose between black or titanium sandwich layout. Then the shipping mode you prefer. Shipping from Asia means customs (not included) at some point, so keep it in mind. From EU should not, but I'm not sure how is going to be the shipping from EU nor from what country (Germany most likely, but I don't know).
I misread earlier; the case I'm trying to check out is a Sandwich (with riser). But yeah, I still can't select either the Asia shipping option nor the May option from Europe.

Last edited:

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
I misread earlier; the case I'm trying to check out is a Sandwich (with riser). But yeah, I still can't select either the Asia shipping option nor the May option from Europe.
Join (if you don't mind) the subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/FormD and post your case there too. Maybe you are not the only one with this problem.
I have pre-ordered/surveyed/whatever mine (also EU) successfully with the following choice:
- Sandwich, riser 4.0, black
- 45USD for express shipping from Asia
- Paid through GooglePay (with master card) --> Do check out the CC daily limits. Happened to me early today, that I could not buy in Amazon because my daily limit is utterly low, but Amazon didn't say why the transaction was getting denied over and over.
- Set the shipping address to Barcelona / Spain
- Confirm the shipping address.

S.N: Also try creating an account first. Just in case.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidN

DavidN

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2021
Join (if you don't mind) the subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/FormD and post your case there too. Maybe you are not the only one with this problem.
I have pre-ordered/surveyed/whatever mine (also EU) successfully with the following choice:
- Sandwich, riser 4.0, black
- 45USD for express shipping from Asia
- Paid through GooglePay (with master card) --> Do check out the CC daily limits. Happened to me early today, that I could not buy in Amazon because my daily limit is utterly low, but Amazon didn't say why the transaction was getting denied over and over.
- Set the shipping address to Barcelona / Spain
- Confirm the shipping address.

S.N: Also try creating an account first. Just in case.
Thanks. Posted in the reddit thread as well.

I have an account from before, so it had my address saved already. But I also tried to enter it manually again to see if something was wrong with that.

Did you check out yours with "Express shipping"? If I try that and I enter my address there, I get a different error message as soon as I've entered my address.

When trying to check out in the non-express way, I get the error posted above as soon as I click the "Continue to shipping" button. So in both cases, the error actually happens before even inputting the payment details.

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
I've recently managed to get a pretty good deal on a used Ncase M1 but I'm tempted to reserve one of these with the May 2022 shipping option. I take it the reservation can be cancelled if I change my mind?
Right now, you are not ordering, just participating in a survey ... (which charges the total amount tho XD). So there should be nothing to worry about. Moreover, the shop don't provide us with any button to cancel the order. It will be most likely via email or web form.

Said that, if you ever make the order and check it out, keep this in mind
Please note that if you request an order cancellation, there is *around 5% payment processing fee that will not be refunded. Also note that we cannot undo a cancellation once initiated.

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
Thanks. Posted in the reddit thread as well.

I have an account from before, so it had my address saved already. But I also tried to enter it manually again to see if something was wrong with that.

Did you check out yours with "Express shipping"? If I try that and I enter my address there, I get a different error message as soon as I've entered my address.

When trying to check out in the non-express way, I get the error posted above as soon as I click the "Continue to shipping" button. So in both cases, the error actually happens before even inputting the payment details.
I could be wrong, but if the address is the issue, it comes to say that FormD doesn't ship to Sweden yet. Don't trust me tho. The last time I checked the list of countries T1 v1.1 was available for, the list was fairly large. But I don't recall all the countries.
Wait and see what Formdworks say. You can also send an email to support@formdworks.com.

If for any reason, they can not ship to Sweden, look for services like this www.shipito.com

Reactions: DavidN

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
Speaking about the survey/pre-order

In Reddit, users are suggesting to explain (somewhere on the website) what's going on when they finally check out the order. So newcomers or people not following Reddit, Instagram or Twitter are aware of the "survey/preorder" thing. Overall considering that the final amount of the order appears in our banks like a "hold/locked" amount.

It will save you a lot of time and explanations during the next days and weeks.

S.N: I didn't know how authorization works and after reading Whaha360 explanations, now I understand that the charge won't happen and the hold will drop off eventually. If you are unfamiliar with this sort of bank operation (like I'm) and you are reading this, hope it helps to know what's going on in your CC XD. Your most important input is the account balance. As soon as it remains the same, it's fine.

Last edited: