Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Stig023

Efficiency Noob
May 26, 2021
Sorry for unconfirmed info guys 🤦‍♂️

Typo likely. AMD 6800 at 2 slot should fit, need to get a 6800XT to confirm.

6800XT GPU is suppose to be 50mm thick, another person told me the back plate is around 5mm, so that leaves 45mm from back of PCB to the top of GPU shroud, 45mm should fit in T1-REF, especially with Open Top/Bottom config.

Can someone with 6800XT / 6700XT take a measurement?
Just measured my 6900xt and it is 50mm thick. I don't have the time right now to take off the backplate though.

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
Typo likely. AMD 6800 at 2 slot should fit, need to get a 6800XT to confirm.
The reference RX 6800 is 120mm tall, by the way. If it actually does fit in the T1-R with some low-profile adapters, that should be explicitly indicated somewhere.

Last edited:

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
Speaking of which, were the case literally just one millimetre wider, in the sandwich mode it could fit the NH-L12S with a 2.25-slot card, and the NH-L9x65 with a 2.5-slot card.

Oh, and while I'm at it, we probably should stop measuring expansion cards in (fractional) slots. It's not a real measurement unit, and is confusing.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Speaking of which, were the case literally just one millimetre wider, in the sandwich mode it could fit the NH-L12S with a 2.25-slot card, and the NH-L9x65 with a 2.5-slot card.

Oh, and while I'm at it, we probably should stop measuring expansion cards in (fractional) slots. It's not a real measurement unit, and is confusing.
The case is already at 9.95L in volume, so adding that one extra mm might push it over the 10L limit (but math is hard so I can't confirm that) . Plus, you can probably flex the side panel a bit (like the current version of the T1) or get shorter standoffs. Chances are you'll be able to make those work somehow, especially the L12s, where you can bend the pipes slightly.

KamikazePlatypus

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2018

2021-10-30: T1 Configuration Comparison & ROG X570-C8I M.2 compatibility clarification.​

Some of you want to know how the different T1 Configurations compare to each other, hopefully the table image above will answer some questions.

There are some concerns that the T1-Reference with C14S cooler will prevent M.2 SSD installation on the ROG X570-C8I, the image above should clear that up.
I noticed you put the 5900X instead of the 5950X as supported with the C14S. Did your testing not go well enough to recommend that configuration for Reference?

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
The case is already at 9.95L in volume, so adding that one extra mm might push it over the 10L limit (but math is hard so I can't confirm that) . Plus, you can probably flex the side panel a bit (like the current version of the T1) or get shorter standoffs. Chances are you'll be able to make those work somehow, especially the L12s, where you can bend the pipes slightly.
I see your point, but if this case was indeed designed for marketing first and foremost, while sacrificing compatibility with some of the finest CPU coolers on the market, that's just silly.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

I see your point, but if this case was indeed designed for marketing first and foremost, while sacrificing compatibility with some of the finest CPU coolers on the market, that's just silly.

Use a 1mm shorter standoff (5mm or 5.5mm if you can find this odd size) on the motherboard, and both will fit without making the case bigger 😛

Afaik, motherboard back side shield/cover doesn’t conflict with 5mm standoffs.

Reactions: Aluminyum

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I noticed you put the 5900X instead of the 5950X as supported with the C14S. Did your testing not go well enough to recommend that configuration for Reference?

I don’t want temperature anxiety for newbies. So I’m conservative on the specs. For example, T1v1.1, I didn’t even mention 240 support on the website spec - just keep it newbie friendly.

I’m still using C14S on my 5950X.

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
Use a 1mm shorter standoff (5mm or 5.5mm if you can find this odd size) on the motherboard, and both will fit without making the case bigger 😛

Afaik, motherboard back side shield/cover doesn’t conflict with 5mm standoffs.
Ah, good to know, thanks.

By the way, not to be overly persistent, but what about USB?
@Wahaha360 Incidentally, I have a couple questions about the front-panel USB-C of the T1 v2.0:

1. Does the included cable support 20 Gb/s data rate (a.k.a. USB 3.2 Gen 2×2)? Wondering since at least three Z690 Mini-ITX boards seem to provide it via the header.

2. Can the cable be replaced with an off-the-shelf one? (E.g., with this.)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Stig023 DrHudacris 720 There is no space for the PCIe connectors, so the 6800XT and other AMD GPUs at the same height (120mm) will not work. So I have also updated the specification accordingly.

In case anyone notices, I did reduce GPU Cooler height by 1mm, keeping it conservative for newbies, b/c enthusiasts are going to do what enthusiasts are going to do regardless.

Last edited:

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016

@Stig023 @DrHudacris @720 There is no space for the PCIe connectors, so the 6800XT and other AMD GPUs at the same height (120mm) will not work. So I have also updated the specification accordingly.

We can make this fit! Who's gonna be a mad man and solder power cables directly to the backside of the PCB?

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
@Wahaha360 When you have time, can you post a pic with a sfx psu in the reference. I just want to visually see if my existing sandwich cables would work in reference. Mainly the 24pin. No rush though.

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
@Wahaha360 When you have time, can you post a pic with a sfx psu in the reference. I just want to visually see if my existing sandwich cables would work in reference. Mainly the 24pin. No rush though.
Seconding this, maybe with an angle to see how much clearance between the SFX PSU in Reference layout and the side panel over it. I want to get a sense of how much space there might be for radiator + fan on the PSU side as well as the motherboard side.

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
Indeed, which is what I'll be running. As mentioned in my original question, I'm currently running a full loop with a 5900X, RTX 3080FE, and the TX240- it's just been running in a cardboard box for over a year 😂 I was one of the people who had their white v1.1 cancelled.

Just trying to figure out which layout makes the most sense for me to buy when it comes time. Sounds like sandwich is the way to go.
Follow up question to my earlier ones- I'll probably want to go dual radiator in the sandwich config, as mentioned I already have a TX240 and dual Noctua NF-A12x25 fans. For the second radiator, it sounds like 240mm will be an easier installation than 280mm would be, correct?

If that is indeed the case, would a second TX240 + 25mm fans fit in the second spot? Or would I need to go down to 15mm fans?

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
Follow up question to my earlier ones- I'll probably want to go dual radiator in the sandwich config, as mentioned I already have a TX240 and dual Noctua NF-A12x25 fans. For the second radiator, it sounds like 240mm will be an easier installation than 280mm would be, correct?

If that is indeed the case, would a second TX240 + 25mm fans fit in the second spot? Or would I need to go down to 15mm fans?
15mm fans for the side radiator.

Reactions: RySean

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
15mm fans for the side radiator.
Also, is the DC-LT 2 in a 40 DC-LT enough pump power? (I have a Koolance QDC in the middle of my loop for attaching a reservoir for filling purposes). Presumably I could add a second DC-LT 2, right?