Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018
I've been very happy with the T1 v1.1 I've been using for the past year. Hyped it up so much among my friends that one of them made the jump into SFFPC too and loves it. Congratulations on all your success with the T1 and in popularizing the SFFPC community. The v2.0 looks really interesting, but I'm afraid I'm too happy with your first product to make the switch.

Those aluminum side panels look killer though. Are they compatible with the v1.1 or have those dimensions changed?

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I've been very happy with the T1 v1.1 I've been using for the past year. Hyped it up so much among my friends that one of them made the jump into SFFPC too and loves it. Congratulations on all your success with the T1 and in popularizing the SFFPC community. The v2.0 looks really interesting, but I'm afraid I'm too happy with your first product to make the switch.

Those aluminum side panels look killer though. Are they compatible with the v1.1 or have those dimensions changed?
Dimensions are different and same with the vertical stand.

Reactions: blindphleb

AlmightyBeing

Caliper Novice
Jul 22, 2021
I have not used my side bracket to fill and run a loop, just the test fitting I did. I will make those available soon (life is too busy). The reason I decided not to pursue it is the top radiator would use most preheated air that has passed through the side radiator. All exhaust wouldn't really work for the part of the radiator next to PSU (and really this part is relying on the PSU fan anyway). All intake didn't seem like a good idea either, as there would basically be no exhaust fans to direct the air out , and might be a mess.

So based off the experience of a single 240 being overwhelmed by high end CPU and 3080/90, and a dual setup being marginally better with much more headache, it seems like a single 280mm with full size fans would be ideal, since that has nearly the same capacity as a 360mm. Just spitballing, moving from the T1s slim + standard fan on a 240mm radiator to a 280mm with 2 standard fans should yield a 50% increase (more rad surface area plus a standard fan replacing a slim). And then of course you have the simplicity of a single rad.

Of course the problem is this config ( 280mm loop) is only possible with 112mm GPU with side ports. If possible on taller cards, that would be awesome but of course PSU gets in the way of good airflow in sandwich... If only ...🤔
Sorry, could you put it plainly for me. Is it possible to use a 280mm full custom loop with a 3080? I have a 3080 that's not fe but I have been looking at getting inlet/outlet ports that are rotating right angles or 45 degrees, so if the usual inlet/outlet direction was the limiting factor I should be good (my card will be solely the thickness of the card and waterblock).

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
This is the way

Sorry, could you put it plainly for me. Is it possible to use a 280mm full custom loop with a 3080? I have a 3080 that's not fe but I have been looking at getting inlet/outlet ports that are rotating right angles or 45 degrees, so if the usual inlet/outlet direction was the limiting factor I should be good (my card will be solely the thickness of the card and waterblock).
Honestly I think the answer is still....maybe - lol.

I'll spell out my thoughts on this as I plan my loop too:
In order to use a 280 rad with anything other than a 30xx FE, the case will need to be in sandwich mode.
280 rad has to be on the side and for fans to fit along with it, the case will need to be setup with the smallest gpu compartment possible, which is 1.25 slots.

1.25 slots is ~25mm of gpu side clearance.
Most waterblocks are about 20mm in thickness which leaves you with about 5mm between the side of the waterblock and the mesh side panel on the GPU side.
This means that tubes coming from the GPU cannot run over top of the waterblock as there will not be room. This makes the rotating style terminals somewhat useless.
Because of that, the EK FE blocks where the tubes would come out of the end of the card and head toward the front of the case would be the easiest option - that said, I think the FE blocks might actually be too thick for 1.25 slots, coming in at 28.6mm thick.

Therefore, I think the best GPU option for this to work is the card with the shortest PCB possible (height from Pcie slot to top of card) with something like an EK angled terminal that sends both ports on an angle towards the front of the case. I'll be trying this with an XC3 3080 and the EK angled terminal in an effort to get a dual 240 loop going. I think the XC3 is one of the shortest height cards and would have the best chance of having the fittings/tubes clear everything in this configuration.

Sorry for the word vomit but hopefully this helps to understand how the side mounted radiator situation would need to work...lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
T1-Reference with Noctua C14S on AMD 5950X runs nice with FE3080.
Compatible with the hottest CPU on the market, power-hungry GPUs and 142mm heatsink coolers.
HWL 280GTS is a really tight fit in both T1-Reference and T1-Sandwich, recommended only for nutters.
Oversizing your current loop is now possible
5950X + FE3080 / FE3080TI is my next personal build. Targeting lighter weight, reliability and overall stability. To that end it's fine (<85C for my use).
Even more hungry GPU compatibility (in terms of thermals)
I'm also waiting for my NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 for some testing.
Kick those Phanteks T30 right in the balls...

V2 can run *two 140 fans, in a <10L setup, especially with down draft cpu coolers, I suspect this makes a lot of difference.
x2 Noctua NF-A12x25 no more

No ETA atm, just stock piling
Santa is coming to town...

Wahaha360's Spotify at the job

S.N: Was driving back home and all of the sudden, the image came to my mind. lol

AlmightyBeing

Caliper Novice
Jul 22, 2021
Honestly I think the answer is still....maybe - lol.

I'll spell out my thoughts on this as I plan my loop too:
In order to use a 280 rad with anything other than the a 30xx FE, the case will need to be in sandwich mode.
280 rad has to be on the side and for fans to fit along with it, the case will need to be setup with the smallest gpu compartment possible, which is 1.25 slots.

1.25 slots is ~25mm of gpu side clearance.
Most waterblocks are about 20mm in thickness which leaves you with about 5mm between the side of the waterblock and the mesh side panel on the GPU side.
This means that tubes coming from the GPU cannot run over top of the waterblock as there will not be room. This makes the rotating style terminals somewhat useless.
Because of that, the EK FE blocks where the tubes would come out of the end of the card and head toward the front of the case would be the easiest option - that said, I think the FE blocks might actually be too thick for 1.25 slots, coming in at 28.6mm thick.

Therefore, I think the best GPU option for this to work is the card with the shortest PCB possible (height from Pcie slot to top of card) with something like an EK angled terminal that sends both ports on an angle towards the front of the case. I'll be trying this with an XC3 3080 and the EK angled terminal in an effort to get a dual 240 loop going. I think the XC3 is one of the shortest height cards and would have the best change of having the fittings/tubes clear everything in this configuration.

Sorry for the word vomit but hopefully this helps to understand how the side mounted radiator situation would need to work...lol.
I have a ventus 3x oc which current waterblocks look like they might be too thick for this, we'll see (after I buy it). Is the gpu space able to be a touch bigger with thinner fans? I think Prolimatech have thinner 140mm fans. In any case, this is 20mm thick so will fit in the space and can be used with any angle fitting you need.

After rereading your response I have a question. Is a side mounted rad not on the same side as the gpu? You said 5mm between the waterblock and side panel, most cases I've seen with side mounted rads have it in front of the gpu.

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
I have a ventus 3x oc which current waterblocks look like they might be too thick for this, we'll see (after I buy it). Is the gpu space able to be a touch bigger with thinner fans? I think Prolimatech have thinner 140mm fans. In any case, this is 20mm thick so will fit in the space and can be used with any angle fitting you need.

After rereading your response I have a question. Is a side mounted rad not on the same side as the gpu? You said 5mm between the waterblock and side panel, most cases I've seen with side mounted rads have it in front of the gpu.
The 1.25 slot config leaves you with 48 or 49mm for a cpu pump block based on 15mm fans so I would say no to the first question. Unless you could fit a pump somewhere else in the system and use a typical CPU block without a pump.

I also don't think that terminal is going to do the trick as there won't be enough room between
it and the bottom panel for fittings that direct both tubes toward the front of the case - remember that gpu total height is still likely constrained to about 150mm so you only have 35-38mm of room to work with for fittings even with the shortest of GPUs.
Maybe I'm not visualizing how the fittings and tubing would work out with that terminal though so definitely correct me if there's a path you're planning that I'm not considering.

As for the second question, the officially supported radiator config appears to be on the CPU side based on some older renders. People (myself included) were doing GPU side dual radiators in V1.1 which I suppose would theoretically still be an option in v2.0, it's just not what's been suggested as officially supported. Going with the second radiator on the GPU side could alleviate the tubing and fitting woes I outlined in my first response.

I think the benefit of the CPU side radiator though is having more airflow space around the motherboard and PSU when compared to the slab of acrylic that tends to block the airflow path when mounting the second radiator beside the GPU.