Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
If this next release comes in a full mesh setup (like renders suggest), can we assume that all the panels are of the same quality? Or is the frontal panel different? If yes, how would you say they are compared with the Meshilicius ones? Every time I see the renders I feel like waiting for a Meshilicius 2.0 and don't know what to think.

I believe you are asking if all the mesh are made of same material and finish.

I designed the Meshlicious, and Meshlicious mesh is 1mm SPCC, painted. T1 V2 is 2mm aluminum, anodized.

Meshlicious mesh 50% thinner, about 1/8 of the cost compare to T1V2. So T1 V2 should feel night and day better or else we messed up…haha.

One of the concern I had with prior T1 is the steel mesh side panel - it break away from the premium feel of the aluminum chassis. This is also why for T1 V2 I really wanted to retire the steel mesh and develop the aluminum mesh.

The render is meant to show the versatility of the case. You don’t need to have mesh on every panels, or become Meshlicious 2.0 as you would say.

At some point it the extra mesh on the Front Panel just doesn’t make a material difference in temperature, to that end, we are testing to finalize the standard kit vs. accessories.

Last edited:

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
I designed the Meshlicious, and Meshlicious mesh is 1mm SPCC, painted. T1 V2 is 2mm aluminum, anodized.

Meshlicious mesh 50% thinner, about 1/8 of the cost compare to T1V2. So T1 V2 should feel night and day better or else we messed up…haha.
Thank you for the reply! That's what I wanted to know. There're mesh panels and then MESH PANELS. I was worried about the thickness of the mesh

One of the concern I had with prior T1 is the steel mesh side panel - it break away from the premium feel of the aluminum chassis. This is also why for T1 V2 I really wanted to retire the steel mesh and develop the aluminum mesh.
My main concern about the full mesh setup is always the same. After a time, for one reason or another, it ends bent or bulged. Solid panels usually get scratched but nothing that you could not solve painting.

Anyways, this T1 V2 sounds good, I definitively want to give it a try.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I can't wait for the V2. My V1.1 unfortunately has not perfectly lined up steel panels and space between front and top panel.

Also I'm curious about the G1/4 port the V1.1 has. Does the V2 still have it? I use this to connect an external MoRa, while still beeing able to have a fully watercooled enclosure for on the go.
The next question is regarding compatability: Is it possible in the V2 to have the TX240 between fans and top panel? Its a bit wider than 120mm and usually didn't fit between the grooves of the V1.1 top panel.

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
Yes, solid front is reserved for TwoTone only, will be offered starting 2021Q1.

I want to focus on the base models first.
@Wahaha360, could you please clarify this point? From your previous posts, I was under the impression that, initially, the only option offered for the front panel would be a black, solid, "unibody" panel to cut down costs. However, it now sounds like, initially, the only options for the front panel will be glass or mesh, with the first solid panel to be twotone? Is that correct? Could you please clarify what will be offered in the base models?

Reactions: JDuval and Kapsi

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Also I'm curious about the G1/4 port the V1.1 has. Does the V2 still have it? I use this to connect an external MoRa, while still beeing able to have a fully watercooled enclosure for on the go.
The next question is regarding compatability: Is it possible in the V2 to have the TX240 between fans and top panel? Its a bit wider than 120mm and usually didn't fit between the grooves of the V1.1 top panel.
The G1/4 port is still there in the T1 Sandwich, but there isnt enough room at the back of the case for it on the Reference model. This is going off of the renders we've been given.
W360 has said that the TX240 is supported with full sized NF-A12x25 fans, so I'd assume it will fit fine in the V2.

Jff007

Efficiency Noob
Aug 9, 2021
Those renders look so good. Now to wait for reviews while I try to decide on reference or sandwich layout for my build. Planning on watercooling the CPU and aircooling the GPU, until I end up going crazy and try watercooling the GPU too, lol.

Quick question, since those renders are subject to change and whatnot: is the power switch coming on the back or the front of the V2?

Last edited:

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
Good point, this is why I’m swapping the default A14 fan for the 3000RPM Industrial PPC - hopefully not much louder than GPU fans at load.

V2 can run *two 140 fans, in a <10L setup, especially with down draft cpu coolers, I suspect this makes a lot of difference.
Speaking of which, there is also the next-generation 140mm fan in the works.

truthfulie

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2021
Why not just stock air cool 3080TI and single 240 on CPU? I suppose you can air cool Ryzen CPUs as well in V2.0.
That's a valid point since I only run 5600X on mine and it's been doing fine with just L12S. But I do like having watercooled system (and tinkering with things). Biggest reason for me wanting to upgrade to V2 is dual rad support to begin with. I also mine crypto casually while the machine isn't being used for gaming (which happens to be a lot unfortunately) and based on experiences with 3080 and 3090 FE, they need to spin the fans pretty loud to keep the VRAM temps in check while water cooling lets me off with a gentle hum.

In the meantime, I bit the bullet and purchased the 3080TI FE. If 3090FE works out well enough in V2, I shouldn't have hard time getting rid of it and recouping what I paid in current climate.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
That's a valid point since I only run 5600X on mine and it's been doing fine with just L12S. But I do like having watercooled system (and tinkering with things). Biggest reason for me wanting to upgrade to V2 is dual rad support to begin with. I also mine crypto casually while the machine isn't being used for gaming (which happens to be a lot unfortunately) and based on experiences with 3080 and 3090 FE, they need to spin the fans pretty loud to keep the VRAM temps in check while water cooling lets me off with a gentle hum.

In the meantime, I bit the bullet and purchased the 3080TI FE. If 3090FE works out well enough in V2, I shouldn't have hard time getting rid of it and recouping what I paid in current climate.
I have all of that on air in v1.1-3080 ti, 5600x. But I don't mine. I'm on a 1440 ultrawide at 144hz. I did do a thermal pad mod. I might be switching to reference layout since I can get a cheap c14s for about what I paid for the L12s and I got that for like $25. But this is why I like the testing phase to compare.

I'm not in priority batch so no rush but I hope someone does a build with a front screen behind that clear panel just to see what fits and how it looks.

truthfulie

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2021
I have all of that on air in v1.1-3080 ti, 5600x. But I don't mine. I'm on a 1440 ultrawide at 144hz. I did do a thermal pad mod. I might be switching to reference layout since I can get a cheap c14s for about what I paid for the L12s and I got that for like $25. But this is why I like the testing phase to compare.

I'm not in priority batch so no rush but I hope someone does a build with a front screen behind that clear panel just to see what fits and how it looks.
Yup. I'm also not in priority so who knows when I'll be able to get mine. Hope to see build examples to make things a bit easier for me on deciding config/layout. Fingers cross that W360 is stockpiling a mountain of v2. 😅

Reactions: DrHudacris

RySean

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2020
I've been keeping up with this thread pretty regularly, and been patiently waiting for v2.0. I was wondering with regards to tower vs reference vs sandwich though... what are the pros/cons of each? I know traditionally in SFF builds, sandwich has allowed for greater utilization of the interior space. The reason I'm asking is because with v1.1 sandwich was the only option and it made it easy, but I'd like to know the tradeoffs when choosing a version of the v2.0.

I currently have a 5900X, RTX 3080FE, and both are being cooled by a TX240 rad with dual NF-A12x25 Noctuas, using a DC-LT 40 and DC-LT 2 pump/mini-res. Earlier on in the thread I heard talk about the v2.0 maybe supporting a second TX240- is that still likely to be the case?

TLDR: Hoping to get some clarification on what the different config options will be for tower vs reference vs sandwich layout.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
... I was wondering with regards to tower vs reference vs sandwich though... what are the pros/cons of each? ...

Same here, and I hope it will be a focal point of the pending reviews that W360 referenced in a reply to me upthread!
Will post some data after my Noctua A14 3000 RPM industrial fans arrive.

Also, reviews are coming.

And re: your question about dual TX240 in v2.0: 2xTX240 in Sandwich layout was confirmed as an "officially supported" configuration from the getgo of this latest pending revision and I haven't heard anything about that changing. So I think you can rest easy there! The question will be what kinds of fans and airflow we can expect to feed them in Sandwich mode.

truthfulie

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2021
I've been keeping up with this thread pretty regularly, and been patiently waiting for v2.0. I was wondering with regards to tower vs reference vs sandwich though... what are the pros/cons of each? I know traditionally in SFF builds, sandwich has allowed for greater utilization of the interior space. The reason I'm asking is because with v1.1 sandwich was the only option and it made it easy, but I'd like to know the tradeoffs when choosing a version of the v2.0.

I currently have a 5900X, RTX 3080FE, and both are being cooled by a TX240 rad with dual NF-A12x25 Noctuas, using a DC-LT 40 and DC-LT 2 pump/mini-res. Earlier on in the thread I heard talk about the v2.0 maybe supporting a second TX240- is that still likely to be the case?

TLDR: Hoping to get some clarification on what the different config options will be for tower vs reference vs sandwich layout.
With 2.0 Reference, you can probably run both of those parts on air with decent temp since C14S will be supported. Dual TX240 is supported on Sandwich version of the case with the second rad on the CPU side. Don't know about specific on detailed compatibility and fitment on this configuration yet. This is my planned build with 5600X and 3090FE (or 3080Ti FE depending on fitment) and am also following closely.

Reactions: RySean

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Those renders look so good. Now to wait for reviews while I try to decide on reference or sandwich layout for my build. Planning on watercooling the CPU and aircooling the GPU, until I end up going crazy and try watercooling the GPU too, lol.

Quick question, since those renders are subject to change and whatnot: is the power switch coming on the back or the front of the V2?
I think by default the power switch will be at the front, but you have the option of getting one that screws into the back of the Sandwich case.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

You could run your current components with a 280mm Rad instead with the reference layout, or as mentioned before, all air cooled with C14s. The downside with the reference is the GPU constraints (2.25 slots, 112mm height), but if you have a GPU that fits, it is the superior configuration for both air and water cooling.

That GPU height kills me though; my GPU is too tall... single slot GPU + CPU loop with a 280mm would be so spicy...