Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Probably because supporting one longer card only increases the volume by a bit under a liter. 9.5L to 10ish.

Supporting 280mm radiators would go from 9.5L to 12.3L, a 25% increase in volume. E.g. Add 2CM to the width, and 4CM to the length. IOW from small space optimized sandwich....to NCase size.

This change isn't worth it if you're only doing it for a single GPU. If you're doing it for 3 GPUs and additional radiator support, now we're talking.

Ah well, comes down to what everyone says and what Wahaha wants the project to be.
leave it to the EVO in 2022. the Classic (1.1-1.2/1.5) is fine as it is at sub-10L

I guess I'm at the same point as the people you replied to but my question is more along the lines of:
I'm willing to wait for EVO based on the information I have on it, but now I'm not so sure with this reply. Is it not worth waiting on without this GPU / mobo (I have new components and am not looking to upgrade them right now)? Is this GPU / mobo a proprietary form factor that I would be unlikely to benefit from in a future build?

As the proud owner of a cancelled order, I'd like to ensure I'm able to get a v1.2 if I find out that the EVO is not for me. But I'm so interested in it that I can't make that determination right now. Really really looking forward to more info in it, but it sounds like it's months away yet.
yeah I feel your pain, I thought the EVO could come in the back end of this year and displace the C4 as my case of choice. but alas it's not meant to be

Reactions: paulesko and PKAWA

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I guess I'm at the same point as the people you replied to but my question is more along the lines of:
I'm willing to wait for EVO based on the information I have on it, but now I'm not so sure with this reply. Is it not worth waiting on without this GPU / mobo (I have new components and am not looking to upgrade them right now)? Is this GPU / mobo a proprietary form factor that I would be unlikely to benefit from in a future build?

As the proud owner of a cancelled order, I'd like to ensure I'm able to get a v1.2 if I find out that the EVO is not for me. But I'm so interested in it that I can't make that determination right now. Really really looking forward to more info in it, but it sounds like it's months away yet.
I'm in the same boat and agree with you and would also like to know more about the evo project to make an informed choice.

Dr0ne

Efficiency Noob
Apr 22, 2021
I have been following this project for some time. I registered to say I am looking forward to the release of the T1.2 as my current video card (PowerColor Red Devil 6800 XT) will not fit in the T1.1- Looking for the smallest and best SFF case that will support Liquid Cooling and a big ass Video card. I see the Evo as more interesting for a small mATX case than for it's flexibility - just my $0.02

I would love to order a T1.1 but I just can't seem to acquire a video card that will fit in it - here's to wishing for the RTX 3080 Ti release!

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
I have been following this project for some time. I registered to say I am looking forward to the release of the T1.2 as my current video card (PowerColor Red Devil 6800 XT) will not fit in the T1.1- Looking for the smallest and best SFF case that will support Liquid Cooling and a big ass Video card. I see the Evo as more interesting for a small mATX case than for it's flexibility - just my $0.02

I would love to order a T1.1 but I just can't seem to acquire a video card that will fit in it - here's to wishing for the RTX 3080 Ti release!

Don't worry, the 3080Ti will be unobtanium as well. Alas.

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021

JUST like me !!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Dr0ne

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I'm in the same boat and agree with you and would also like to know more about the evo project to make an informed choice.
This is exactly the issue with FomD at the moment, in my opinion - too many changes being discussed and thrown out as possibilities, and not enough finalized at any given time.

Speaking mainly about the following:
  • Early 2020: T1 V.1 + P1 (Separate Projects)
  • Early 2021: P1 Cancelled & Merged into "T1 EVO", T1 renamed "T1 Classic"
  • Early 2021: T1 Classic v1.2 Changes (Dual rad & multi-slot support.)
  • Early 2021: T1 Evo Features Brought Over to T1 Classic (Thicker rad support, ROG Strix Support)
  • Early 2021: T1 Classic SUPRIM Support Poll
For someone interested in building in any kind of T1 case, they're now caught asking themselves 'will the next version be better?' 'should I just wait?' 'what is even going on?' etc.

Personally speaking, I think firm targets should be set internally, communicated, and THEN worked towards - for both FormD cases, assuming the EVO still exists.

I question the status of the EVO for the following reasons:
  • It's always sounded like vaporware.
    • No renders.
    • 10-15-20L.
    • Horisontal/Vertical at all sizes.
    • mITX-DTX-ATX.
    • "Insanely expensive" 'transparent aluminum' material.
  • Features spilling from EVO into Classic.
  • Test batch pushed back to 2022 Q1.
I have all the respect in the world for Wahaha360 and pushing the boundaries of SFF, but I feel like some work needs to be done to create clear, firm plans for these cases internally.

Only once that is done can you properly set expectations and clearly communicate what each project is and is supposed to be.

This poll about the classic changing size just to support 1 GPU just muddies the water even more when it was never necessary.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
This is exactly the issue with FomD at the moment, in my opinion - too many changes being discussed and thrown out as possibilities, and not enough finalized at any given time.

Speaking mainly about the following:
  • Early 2020: T1 V.1 + P1 (Separate Projects)
  • Early 2021: P1 Cancelled & Merged into "T1 EVO", T1 renamed "T1 Classic"
  • Early 2021: T1 Classic v1.2 Changes (Dual rad & multi-slot support.)
  • Early 2021: T1 Evo Features Brought Over to T1 Classic (Thicker rad support, ROG Strix Support)
  • Early 2021: T1 Classic SUPRIM Support Poll
For someone interested in building in any kind of T1 case, they're now caught asking themselves 'will the next version be better?' 'should I just wait?' 'what is even going on?' etc.

Personally speaking, I think firm targets should be set internally, communicated, and THEN worked towards - for both FormD cases, assuming the EVO still exists.

I question the status of the EVO for the following reasons:
  • It's always sounded like vaporware.
    • No renders.
    • 10-15-20L.
    • Horisontal/Vertical at all sizes.
    • mITX-DTX-ATX.
    • "Insanely expensive" 'transparent aluminum' material.
  • Features spilling from EVO into Classic.
  • Test batch pushed back to 2022 Q1.
I have all the respect in the world for Wahaha360 and pushing the boundaries of SFF, but I feel like some work needs to be done to create clear, firm plans for these cases internally.

Only once that is done can you properly set expectations and clearly communicate what each project is and is supposed to be.

This poll about the classic changing size just to support 1 GPU just muddies the water even more when it was never necessary.
I completely disagree what I´ve put in bold. I enjoy A LOT the possibility of being a small part of the process. Being able to see how problems arise on production (for the white colour for example) and how the design process goes one direction or another responding to different needs is a very beautiful thing to see, and it´s also the main difference between buying a corsair (or any other brand) case, or a boutique case.

If you want Wahaha to only say that a product is going out when it´s ready 100% without a possibility of opinion, what you are asking is for him to behave like a big company, I see this process very differently, and the only "bad" thing about this process is that you have to be pacient (and enjoy the journey as much as the final product).

In my humble opinion you need to relax, enjoy being part of this beautiful process, buy a case that exists now and suits your needs, and when/if FormD manufactures a case that also suits your needs, then buy it, and enjoy it. Meanwhile this is the place to critique in a constructive way so the product can improve, not the place where the new product gets announced officialy.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I completely disagree what I´ve put in bold. I enjoy A LOT the possibility of being a small part of the process. Being able to see how problems arise on production (for the white colour for example) and how the design process goes one direction or another responding to different needs is a very beautiful thing to see, and it´s also the main difference between buying a corsair (or any other brand) case, or a boutique case.

If you want Wahaha to only say that a product is going out when it´s ready 100% without a possibility of opinion, what you are asking is for him to behave like a big company, I see this process very differently, and the only "bad" thing about this process is that you have to be pacient (and enjoy the journey as much as the final product).

In my humble opinion you need to relax, enjoy being part of this beautiful process, buy a case that exists now and suits your needs, and when/if FormD manufactures a case that also suits your needs, then buy it, and enjoy it. Meanwhile this is the place to critique in a constructive way so the product can improve, not the place where the new product gets announced officialy.

Sorry, I should clarify - I don't dislike the transparency, and I don't want a case being announced on release, no questions asked.

What I do dislike is the constantly shifting specifications, product names, etc. (P1 Introduced, Canceled, Merged into T1 Classic & Evo, Evo Features Merged into Classic, etc.)

Running into issues with the E-White T1 - while it did suck for people like me who had ordered one - is totally understandable. Asking for feedback from the community is also desirable.

The main issue is for people planning out builds having things entirely change on them, or announcing things too early. I believe the EVO and Classic T1s have suffered from the latter.

Set a version number based on a list of changes you want to implement, set a date for release, communicate on any issues up to that release, and follow through. THEN you can worry about the next version number, etc.

Announcing the EVO without renders, saying it transforms, supports horizontal/vertical layouts, MIGHT use transparent metal, and is under multiple NDAs, then bringing over features from it into the current case anyway... that just blurs things.

Nobody can plan anything around what's been shared with the EVO so far anyway, so why announce it when there's no real, firm info to share? Just keep the updates coming on the T1 Classic, something that's actually real ATM, and announce your next case when you're actually ready to. (Even Wahaha says its vaporware.)

That's what I was trying to get at with that post.

Last edited:
Reactions: ellroy80

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Sorry, I should clarify - I don't dislike the transparency; what I dislike is the constantly shifting specifications, product names, etc.

Running into issues with the E-White T1 - while it did suck for people like me who had ordered one - is totally understandable. Asking for feedback from the community is also desirable.

The main issue is for people planning out builds having things entirely change on them, or announcing things too early. I believe the EVO and Classic T1s have suffered from this.

Set a version number based on a list of changes you want to implement, set a date for release, communicate on any issues up to that release, and follow through. THEN you can worry about the next version number, etc.

Announcing the EVO without renders, saying it transforms, supports horizontal/vertical layouts, MIGHT use transparent metal, and is under multiple NDAs, then bringing over features from it into the current case anyway... that just blurs things.

Nobody can plan anything around what's been shared with the EVO so far anyway, so why announce it when there's no real, firm info to share? Just keep the updates coming on the T1 Classic, something that's actually real ATM, and announce your next case when you're actually ready to. (Even Wahaha says its vaporware.)

That's what I was trying to get at with that post.
Ok undestood.

What I think about this is that designing and manufacture these products is a much more complex task than what it seems from the outside. I´m an architect and as a day job have to control every aspect of the construction of a building, from the design to the technical aspects, from the foundation to the type of tyle on the bathrooms, and I´m very aware of the infinite amount of details that can go out of your control in these kind of tasks when you plan on build something that takes into account aesthetics, technicalities and production at the same time. Is much more difficult that what it seems, and requieres a lot of improvisation even if you try to plan everything.

This is more true today than one year ago in a pre-covid world, Wahaha has stated that the EVO case has to be cancelled temporary due to delayed of a new format of motherboard or something like that (don´t remeber perfectly sorry), and I can imagine that he tells us all these things about the EVO because he (as every designer that loves what he does) is excited and anxious to show everyone what he has in his mind. So to sum up I think is a mix of willing to show the new idea and the delayed motherboard which is something out of his control. I understand those reasons.

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
I completely disagree. The creator shares his ideas and thought process which is greatly appreciated and I hope he continues doing so. Ideas are not promises, until the product is ready for production everything is subject to change, it's as simple as that. We, the community, can follow the development from its early stages, provide feedback and affect the development to a certain degree, that's the beauty of it.
Will T1 EVO be made from transparent aluminium? Will it support ATX? I have no clue but I love that crazy ideas like that are being considered even though some of them might end up being discarded at some point. And most certainly I'm not going to plan a build around something that's subject to change, be it T1 v1.5 or T1 EVO.

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
The only thing that kind of irks me is that there's still no parts available for the T1 while it's out for quite a while now.
Sure I understand that production lines are being a nuisance and the total output of T1 cases is still too low to sell them.
But I'm a little worried that parts that are promised will never hit the market because of all the new iterations of the case.
There's basically no time left to even develop the aftermarket parts that were planned because of the 1.5 and Evo.
Hope I'm wrong though and I am thoroughly enjoying my case right now, although it's in a mess!
I'm actually gathering parts for the next iteration of the build.

Kira

Cable Smoosher
Apr 14, 2021
1) Yes, correct, only 1 slot GPU in water block will work. I have the EK-Asus 3090, using it for fit and testing. People who wants to fit *two 240 in a <10L case are the crazy ones, it’s a free feature for them.

2) it’s just render that way, you can flip the case.

I know it's a little early, but do you know how large of 240 rad will fit on the mobo side? I'm currently looking at picking up 2 tx240s as one for the bottom and one for the side rads.

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
I assume you mean Fan *in front and *behind the radiator, if yes, then no, it will not work.

It is also completely unnecessary. TX240 is a really thin radiator. If you can use 25mm thick fan, you don't need fans in both side. Save the $.

According to my testing today, that is not true.
I admit that my NF-A12x25 are modified to 22 mm height, but still.

As you can see we get lower temperatures and lower fan RPM (= lower noise) with 3 big fans instead of two.

This testing was done without any side radiator in the case, only the TX240.

gregbiv

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2020
It was hard to keep up with the ideas you guys were sharing here. I think, at least a couple of times I had to change my plans and make the water loop a bit different. So, this year I've started water cooling my PC, and here is the result. Hope you guys like it. Many thanks to all of you for the inspiration and the empty wallet XD

specs:
AMD 3950x
Nvidia 2080ti
Corsair Vengeance 64gb (2x32) DDR4 3200mhz
X570 Gigabyte Aorus PRO WIFI
1TB Sabrent PCIe 4.0
2TB Sabrent PCIe 3.0
Corsair SF750 SF 750W

watercooling:
EK-Quantum Vector RTX RE Ti D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
EK-Quantum Magnitude D-RGB - AM4 Nickel + Acetal
Laing DDC-1T/Plus PWM pump
Bitspower Premium Magic-Cube Type pump top
Alphacool NexXxoS ST25 Full Copper 240mm Radiator
NF-F12 PWM
NF-A12x15 PWM
Aquacomputer Flow sensor high flow NEXT, G1/4
Aquacomputer QUADRO fan controller for PWM fans

+ tons of adapters and tubes.

Last edited:

gregbiv

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2020
After 20 minutes of Heaven 4.0

FAN1 - Pump
FAN2 - NF-F12 PWM
FAN3 - NF-A12x15 PWM (made it slower for noise reduction)

External T - somewhere on the back of GPU
Sensor 1 - Additional thermocouple for Quadro

I am thinking if undervolting GPU will make temps lower

Last edited:

DavidN

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2021
sold out in 7 mins. be there or be square. it's been like that since July last year
Are they open every Friday at 8am now? It's a little bit confusing when the website just states "2020 INVENTORY SOLD OUT! NEXT RELEASE 2021!" and no notification e-mails have been sent out :)