Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Raneron

Efficiency Noob
Mar 26, 2020
IIRC, you already have one right?

The bigger problem is allowing priority to those who already have one will create internet rage, just trying to avoid drama.
Wait, did that mean if I ordered 2 Cases for me and my brother and one was canceled, I didn't have a priority slot?

D

Deleted member 25143

Wait, did that mean if I ordered 2 Cases for me and my brother and one was canceled, I didn't have a priority slot?
The priority slots are going to youtube reviewers, extremely active people in the SFF community, maybe even bots?? "like all the GPU's)
How dare you use the word "2 cases" I don't even have one.. I bought a secondhand Ncase cause I was desperate and now I want a Formd case and they are never there :/

If you have a regular job/working hours no way you're getting a case if they doubled the prices from 210$ to 420$ I'd still order one cause I'm desperate..
But yea no T1 for me :(

XdotX

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2020
Guys have anyone purchased direct cable for the T1? Would you mind tell me the measures So I don’t have many unused cables around? Thank you in advance

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-02-24: T1 V1.1 in stock, available to Priority Customers *only and soon!​

We plan to offer multiple priority batches, to qualify for Priority BATCH 1:

- you must have had an order cancelled between 2020-11-10 to 2021-02-05 PST.
- you only placed *one order for *one unit and cancelled within the time period
* there will be more priority batches later for those outside of these two requirement
* production delay email was sent 2020-11-10, so it's the start date for qualification
* last shipment date was 2021-02-05, so it's the end date for qualification

We don't have enough in Priority BATCH 1 to cover all cancelled orders! So we will prioritize candidacy based on 1) original shipping date, 2) shipping country limitations (Covid-19)

More details to come this weekend!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25143

Is this part of the RMA reserve release (as per 02-04 update)? Or will there still be an open order (to non-priority customers) in March?
I wouldn't count on it..
he clearly states available only* to priority customers and soon.
If you really want a FormD T1 best way is just make a post in the "buying thread" or get lucky on eBay.
Because quite obviously FormD doesn't care about us "non priority people".

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I wouldn't count on it..
he clearly states available only* to priority customers and soon.
If you really want a FormD T1 best way is just make a post in the "buying thread" or get lucky on eBay.
Because quite obviously FormD doesn't care about us "non priority people".

Bit melodramatic?

We will keep making the T1, so "non priority" people will be able to buy later.

We had to cancel a lot of people's order last year, so we are just making up to people that would have been ahead in line if we didn't cancel.

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021
@Wahaha360, are there any plans to continue production of the v1.1 in the short term, despite the v1.2's (presumably imminent?) arrival. I happen to be fond of the look of the physically two-part front panel, but I'm concerned production will cease before the backlog is cleared.

truthfulie

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2021
I'm more partial to the current two-part design myself as well. Gives the case a bit of character while remaining minimal. Would love to be able to order 1.1.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
I'm more partial to the current two-part design myself as well. Gives the case a bit of character while remaining minimal. Would love to be able to order 1.1.

Same here, I might have ordered some PSlate cables for a T1.1 in case I actually manage to get one....so pressures on 🤣

wafflishwaffle

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 14, 2020
Wanted to chime in and say that I prefer the aesthetics of the 2-piece front panel over the newest 1-piece front panel mockup. But regardless, that's a small point to bring up compared to the overall improvements we'll see with V1.2

Keleche

Caliper Novice
Feb 9, 2021
Can anyone confirm whether it's possible to have two top 120x25mm fans with an NH-L12S in the heatpipes pointed up position? Most of the photos I've seen have had the NH-L12S pointed downward when two top fans are in use.

Maik04

Chassis Packer
Feb 15, 2020

2020-02-24: T1 V1.1 in stock, available to Priority Customers *only and soon!​

We pan to offer multiple priority batches, to qualify for Priority BATCH 1:

- you must have had an order cancelled between 2020-11-10 to 2021-02-05 PST.
- you only placed *one order for *one unit and cancelled within the time period
* there will be more priority batches later for those outside of these two requirement
* production delay email was sent 2020-11-10, so it's the start date for qualification
* last shipment date was 2021-02-05, so it's the end date for qualification

We don't have enough in Priority BATCH 1 to cover all cancelled orders! So we will prioritize candidacy based on 1) original shipping date, 2) shipping country limitations (Covid-19)

More details to come this weekend!
@Wahaha360 I think that selling that rma batch only for priority customers isn't the right decision, because the customers cancelled their order independently. Doesn't that mean that they doesn't want the case anymore, cuz why just not wait? The order should be open for everyone (my opinion).

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
@Wahaha360 I think that selling that rma batch only for priority customers isn't the right decision, because the customers cancelled their order independently. Doesn't that mean that they doesn't want the case anymore, cuz why just not wait? The order should be open for everyone (my opinion).
I disagree with you 100%. I first ordered this case in August of last year, and have waited patiently through colour changes and QC issues. I took @Wahaha360's advice and asked for a refund because of those issues, and am now on the priority list for a case.

The problem is, I'm now on the priority list for a V1.1, V1.2, or V2.0. I can buy only one of these cases. I am told that batches of V1.1 will be released "soon". I have a little bit of an idea of what V1.2 will look like, though that hasn't been finalised, and I have absolutely no idea of what V2.0 will look like. So, how am I meant to make a decision on which case to buy when I have no way to know what all 3 look like? Do I pull the trigger on a V1.1 so I at least have a case? Or do I continue to wait until all three cases are announced and then make a decision, and *maybe* get a case a year after my initial purchase?

It's a little frustrating to see others getting cases when I've been waiting patiently and following the advice of the manufacturer, and then having all these changes occur without knowing the full picture.

Keleche

Caliper Novice
Feb 9, 2021
I disagree with you 100%. I first ordered this case in August of last year, and have waited patiently through colour changes and QC issues. I took @Wahaha360's advice and asked for a refund because of those issues, and am now on the priority list for a case.

The problem is, I'm now on the priority list for a V1.1, V1.2, or V2.0. I can buy only one of these cases. I am told that batches of V1.1 will be released "soon". I have a little bit of an idea of what V1.2 will look like, though that hasn't been finalised, and I have absolutely no idea of what V2.0 will look like. So, how am I meant to make a decision on which case to buy when I have no way to know what all 3 look like? Do I pull the trigger on a V1.1 so I at least have a case? Or do I continue to wait until all three cases are announced and then make a decision, and *maybe* get a case a year after my initial purchase?

It's a little frustrating to see others getting cases when I've been waiting patiently and following the advice of the manufacturer, and then having all these changes occur without knowing the full picture.
Considering that these Formd T1 1.1's are essentially being scalped, and that the demand will continue to be super high over the next few months, you might as well get yourself a 1.1 now then purchase the 1.2 or 2.0 with the rest of us who have yet to even have an opportunity to purchase one. If you don't like the 1.1 then you sell it for more than you got it for and use that money to purchase your next case when it arrives. I'm empathetic to you guys who tried to purchase one many months ago and decided to wait it out (smart move), but at the same time if you have this ability now to grab a case after all this while then that's very fair and kind of the company to do that for you (the right thing to do).

At the end of the day, you'll be envious of those who have gotten cases already while you've waited it out, and others will be envious of you who now has the chance to grab a brand new case at non-scalper prices.

Maik04

Chassis Packer
Feb 15, 2020

Ok, thats true.

BSartist

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2020
I'd be much more antsy if I didn't have an NR200 as my holdover case, but I am in the same boat as ellroy80. Barring something unexpectedly off (ugly, huge, etc.) about the V2.0/EVO, that's most likely the direction I'm going but I'd be mildly annoyed if I lost my "priority" status for V1.2 because I'm waiting for EVO details.

But patience is a virtue as they say...

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
Considering that these Formd T1 1.1's are essentially being scalped, and that the demand will continue to be super high over the next few months, you might as well get yourself a 1.1 now then purchase the 1.2 or 2.0 with the rest of us who have yet to even have an opportunity to purchase one. If you don't like the 1.1 then you sell it for more than you got it for and use that money to purchase your next case when it arrives. I'm empathetic to you guys who tried to purchase one many months ago and decided to wait it out (smart move), but at the same time if you have this ability now to grab a case after all this while then that's very fair and kind of the company to do that for you (the right thing to do).

At the end of the day, you'll be envious of those who have gotten cases already while you've waited it out, and others will be envious of you who now has the chance to grab a brand new case at non-scalper prices.
Yeah I agree with you. My GPU is 2.7 slot, I'm still waiting for it and my CPU to arrive, and I detest scalping, so I'm going to wait for the 1.2 or 2.0. However, my point still stands, in that I think those on the priority list should be given first dibs on whichever case is next available, and I appreciate Wahaha360 for doing this.

Reactions: Ranzelmo