Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
can we get back to user setups, thermals, and pics? Seems like the only thing that is being posted over and over is “my case hasn’t shipped”....

Reactions: Mao_Setzer

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Congrats! It might be because you ordered a black one instead of white? I ordered a white one on Sep 20th and I still haven't received any further updates...

We rejected 75% of the E-White as defects, this is one of the *main reason our deal with manufacturers blew up - the defect rate is insane.

Unlike mechanical keyboard cases with a relatively flat surface, without numerous perforations. E-White Top/Bottom Panel and Front SquareLid is a nightmare in production.

Only a few E-White actually shipped.

We might have to dump E-White and convince all you guys to either cancel or maybe paint it white and offer a partial refund.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I just got an email notification within the past hour saying that my order is being shipped and have a DHL tracking code. I ordered back in Sept 25th and was part of the Dec 1st-4th batch for a black case.

I originally got the email saying my order would be delayed like everyone else. Did W360 re-negotiate in attempt to get the rest of those cases? This is much sooner than expected and I'm not getting too hopeful since it seems too good to be true.

Found a new manufacturer, 24 hour operation, 3 shifts, grinding away the problem.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I also ordered in Sept 25th but no luck for me. May I know any other also order the black one and received shipping information recently?

Lucky! Good for you man. September 28th order here and as expected no shipping yet (black case). A few more cases apparently are being shipped! Would love to hear from W360 if there are any developments with the issues with the manufacturers. Fingers crossed I'm going to be one of the lucky next ones for his/her case to be shipped.

@Wahaha360 I was in a bit of a shopping spree yesterday night for a temporary case until I get my T1 and I literally spent hours to conclude that nothing can replace the T1. I'm bored with the Ncase M1 (I've had two in the past), I love the Dan A4, but to many restrictions for CPU and GPU cooling (same goes for Ghost S1). All other SFF cases I don't appreciate the design (ugly or just too large) or the build quality.
TLDR; you have an amazing product and I hope you get through these manufacturers issues soon. Not going to cancel my pre-order of the 1-4 Dec batch, because this case is simply end game for me. Best of luck and I hope we get to hear from you soon again!

Edit: Looks like the FormD T1 is best sub 10L case according to the god Optimum Tech:

Silver, then Black will likely be the first group to get product.

I will make an announcement soon. Silver will have inventory the fastest - we will also offer a discount for those that pick this option. Black will be next.

Grinding away the problem.

megeralt

Chassis Packer
Oct 9, 2020
We rejected 75% of the E-White as defects, this is one of the *main reason out deal with manufacturers blew up - the defect rate is insane.

Unlike mechanical keyboard cases with a relatively flat surface, without numerous perforations. E-White Top/Bottom Panel and Front SquareLid is a nightmare in production.

We might have to dump E-White and convince all you guys to either cancel or maybe paint it white and offer a partial refund.
Thanks for the update! I actually don't mind cerakote mine to white if there are multiple defects on the exterior. But I guess if I am going to cerakote it, I would be indifferent for all colours anyway...

Reactions: DrHudacris

CorruptCommanderAc

Cable Smoosher
Dec 7, 2020
Silver, then Black will likely be the first group to get product.

I will make an announcement soon. Silver will have inventory the fastest - we will also offer a discount for those that pick this option. Black will be next.

Grinding away the problem.

So it will be new manufactured instead of the inventory that produced by the old manufacturer?

Ray2r

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
We rejected 75% of the E-White as defects, this is one of the *main reason out deal with manufacturers blew up - the defect rate is insane.
Just a question. I understand that a small percentage of manufacturer defect is still sold as a Grade B part. When a manufacturer defects that high who takes the hit for labor, paint cost, etc. when you reject say "75%" of the products made?

Reactions: DrHudacris

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020

Damn, that really sucks - the white version really was stunning.

Still debating on cancelling for the refund or holding off on that to build in it later, but considering I haven't been able to get any parts yet, I may just cancel and build down the line when things line up again.

zz492

Chassis Packer
Dec 11, 2020

Shall we have a look at what E-White defects looks like then decide whether cancel or get the B grade case?
Also is there an option that waits until you resolve the E-white defect issues or you just stop selling it anymore? If so, is it possible to switch to another color with a partial refund?

baldersz

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2020
I got two tracking updated emails both with the same tracking IDs but one the first one for DHL and the later one for TNT. The TNT tracking number shows that this consignment was fulfilled back in September this year in a completely different country to me. The same tracking with DHL says it's invalid so who knows what's going on! I may or may not get a case lol

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Shall we have a look at what E-White defects looks like then decide whether cancel or get the B grade case?
Also is there an option that waits until you resolve the E-white defect issues or you just stop selling it anymore? If so, is it possible to switch to another color with a partial refund?

Yes, working on photos and announcement, so hard to get inventory b/c it’s back at the manufacturer.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I got two tracking updated emails both with the same tracking IDs but one the first one for DHL and the later one for TNT. The TNT tracking number shows that this consignment was fulfilled back in September this year in a completely different country to me. The same tracking with DHL says it's invalid so who knows what's going on! I may or may not get a case lol

DHL error doesn’t sound right, so email support.

TNT has a tendency to issue duplicate tracking for different shipping dates, this is bad design imo, but I don’t run a logistics company, what do I know.

Anyways, your case shipped if you got the tracking numbers.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 how are the gunmetal T1s fairing? You didn't mention them, but I'm guessing they're in a similar situation to the E-white?

Anyways, I'm glad to see everything is back on track!

Gunmetal is anodizing, so it’s not any harder than Silver or Black, just takes tweaking and control for color consistency.

E-White is not anodizing, it’s entire different process and it’s additive to the material. So the E-White is actually a different dimension to compensate for the added thickness of the White finish. This is the reason why E-White is more expensive, it’s an expensive finish that requires different product dimensions due to the added thickness from the material.

m0lly

Chassis Packer
Nov 29, 2018
We rejected 75% of the E-White as defects, this is one of the *main reason our deal with manufacturers blew up - the defect rate is insane.

Thanks for the update. I am one of the few that got a dispatched email for E-White with a tracking number waiting to be assigned but the order status changed back to confirmed which means I didn't make the cut.

Will there be a color change option with a partial refund if we're not interested in the above options? If so what are the queue times on that?

Reactions: ellroy80 and zz492

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020

Didn’t you say earlier that the remaining 50% (which includes the E-White ordered by me) were already produced and are simply withheld by the manufacturer? Or haven’t these been inspected for defects yet?