Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
worldtour REV. 1 custom loop complete!
w/ custom VRM cooling

Main specs are:
Asrock x570 itx
Ryzen 3700x
RTX 2080ti

Fittings are all Alphacool, with a couple Barrow extenders.
Tubing is EK ZMT 10/16.

+ Alphacool Eisbaer LT Solo
+ EK Vector FT3 gpu block
+ XSPC TX 240

You really had to flex on us with your fancy GIF comprised of tens of photos you took, I see how it is.

Jokes aside, great build and pics! Made me a little tingly inside

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
The reason intake doesn’t work as well as exhaust is b/c exhaust indirectly acts as intake for the side panels. It causes negative pressure and assists the GPU and CPU intake fans. Intake on the bottom just pulls more air into the case to be trapped without a way to exhaust it out... if that makes sense. If the case was higher off the desk (if I recall, 15mm from the desk to the fans is the optimal distance for airflow), flipped orientation wouldn’t be as superior as it is. A case this size would look odd lifted off the desk anymore than it is, though. Ahh SFF is so fun to optimize!
Yeah, makes perfect sense. I suppose it's not as simple as "hot air rises" and that's the general rule for everything.

Reactions: Brude27

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
w/ custom VRM cooling

Main specs are:
Asrock x570 itx
Ryzen 3700x
RTX 2080ti

Tubing is EK ZMT 10/16.

+ XSPC TX 240

Eye orgasm <3 can you share what cable sleeve do you use or you make your own cable?

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Finally got around to finishing my build! I think it turned out pretty well all things considered :D

First build I've seen where the stock LT fittings are used (at least from memory).

I could never source replacement tubing in Australia so I had to splash out on EK fittings and tubing. Killed my new m.2 budget tho.

What tubing did you go with?

**MINE ARRIVED!!!!

(Australia btw)

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
I don't remember the few people that were asking about this, but for those who were/are concerned with the L12S's only possible orientation in the T1 being the one Noctua recommends against... this is for you.

I knew this wasn't really a thing, but I wanted to test it to put this to bed for future builders. I flipped my case to see the difference in CPU cooling, and during a multi-hour gaming session, my CPU was a whopping 1 degree Celsius warmer oriented the way Noctua recommends against. I also found that my GPU was 5-6 degrees Celsius warmer with the fans exhausting out the bottom vs the top. No THAT on the other hand is a sizable difference that people should be concerned with.

Hopefully this helps alleviate the concerns of our seemingly few air cooling builders moving forward. :)
I'm really confused. What are you trying to do wit the L12S? what is the orientation that Noctua doesn't like?

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
I'm really confused. What are you trying to do wit the L12S? what is the orientation that Noctua doesn't like?
Heatpipes facing down. The wicking action of the heatpipe is less effective as it has to fight gravity.

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
2020-08-14: Big Batch Preorder Open now!

Sorry we didn't open preorder on time today (9AM PST).

However, we are opening up preorder for the big batch, shipping October to November. Hopefully it's plenty for people that want one :)
Damn, looks like I missed it :/
I couldn't really find any info about the next steps - will there be another "big batch" or small batch or nothing until the next year (because of the big batch)?

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
First build I've seen where the stock LT fittings are used (at least from memory).

I could never source replacement tubing in Australia so I had to splash out on EK fittings and tubing. Killed my new m.2 budget tho.

What tubing did you go with?

**MINE ARRIVED!!!!

(Australia btw)
tygon r6010 fits

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
w/ custom VRM cooling

Main specs are:
Asrock x570 itx
Ryzen 3700x
RTX 2080ti

Tubing is EK ZMT 10/16.

+ XSPC TX 240

Could you tell me how you keep the slim noctua in front of the motherboard attached to the case? I'd like to do this too, and if possible not use tyraps.
Mine's planned for delivery today.

andika_ei

Chassis Packer
Jun 21, 2020
Just finish the build

AMD Ryzen 3950x

ASUS ROG STRIX X570 I
Rtx 2080 TI
Hyper x fury 64 gb 3200
Corsair SF750 750W Micro atx
Stock SF750 cable
Auros 2tb ssd gen4
EK Quantum velocity amd nickel+plexi
Ek classic rtx 2080 ti
Alphacool dc lt 40
EKWB SE240 Classic Radiator
2X Noctua A12x15
Ek 12mm tube

all in 3slot config due to the room for the fittings
I undervolt the cpu 0.0750 , because i use the computer for 3d animation and gaming it perform quite good now cpu around 60-70 as well in full load , and normal browsing and movie around 48-52 cpu gpu 38 degree

will order custom cable to make room so the fan can breath more

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Just finish the build

AMD Ryzen 3950x

ASUS ROG STRIX X570 I
Rtx 2080 TI
Hyper x fury 64 gb 3200
Corsair SF750 750W Micro atx
Stock SF750 cable
Auros 2tb ssd gen4
EK Quantum velocity amd nickel+plexi
Ek classic rtx 2080 ti
Alphacool dc lt 40
EKWB SE240 Classic Radiator
2X Noctua A12x15
Ek 12mm tube

all in 3slot config due to the room for the fittings
I undervolt the cpu 0.0750 , because i use the computer for 3d animation and gaming it perform quite good now cpu around 60-70 as well in full load , and normal browsing and movie around 48-52 cpu gpu 38 degree

will order custom cable to make room so the fan can breath more

Where is the other two, you bought 3 isn't :D Nice and clean build

Reactions: kmnvhs

kmnvhs

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2020
instagram.com
Hey guys, thx to the support from FormD - i need some m3x5mm + m3x8mm screws -> thats not the problem BUT is anyone here how knows where i can buy the stand-offs? if i „read“ the manual correctly then i need two pairs, one for each gpu confic. (2Slot, 3 Slot)
Thx for help ✌?

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Hey guys, thx to the support from FormD - i need some m3x5mm + m3x8mm screws -> thats not the problem BUT is anyone here how knows where i can buy the stand-offs? if i „read“ the manual correctly then i need two pairs, one for each gpu confic. (2Slot, 3 Slot)
Thx for help ✌?

Did you mean bolt spacer? easy to find i think. http://www.dremec.de maybe you can check in here.
--
FormD Page already closed for temporary, are this just update think or another waiting list? @Wahaha360

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
do you guys think running the LT Solo without the top on the block is viable option? i have a feeling this will a) make the DC-LT 2600 sound quieter, and b) create just enough mm in space so that a 92x14mm or 120x15mm fan can be comfortably placed above the motherboard (similar to what @worldtour posted above) while in the 3-slot gpu configuration.

in theory, no water should be entering that part of the block (otherwise i imagine rip pump), so the top seems like it's more cosmetic than anything (and that wouldn't matter if a fan was covering it).

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
So I have the result for my 10900K custom loop in the Ghost S1. Not great, the radiator can barely keep up with the thermal spike of the 10900K, better stick with the 10700K for the better it seems. Putting this in the T1 is suicidal

Reactions: Madhawk1995