Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
Just finish the build

AMD Ryzen 3950x

ASUS ROG STRIX X570 I
Rtx 2080 TI
Hyper x fury 64 gb 3200
Corsair SF750 750W Micro atx
Stock SF750 cable
Auros 2tb ssd gen4
EK Quantum velocity amd nickel+plexi
Ek classic rtx 2080 ti
Alphacool dc lt 40
EKWB SE240 Classic Radiator
2X Noctua A12x15
Ek 12mm tube

all in 3slot config due to the room for the fittings
I undervolt the cpu 0.0750 , because i use the computer for 3d animation and gaming it perform quite good now cpu around 60-70 as well in full load , and normal browsing and movie around 48-52 cpu gpu 38 degree

will order custom cable to make room so the fan can breath more

Could you please comment as to the length of the lower hard-tube crossing next to the PSU?

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
The ranking of radiators (best to worse) is currently HWL GTS, TX, EK classic, and last LT240. The LT240 suffers from being thin and low FPI, but definitely easiest to fit.

So comparing fans on top with TX or HWL to fans bottom with LT240, you have to consider that due to better performance, you can run fans slower on the TX and HWL. In my own testing, the fans are a bit louder when between panel and radiator. But at least with noctua slim fans it's a pleasing wind rushing noise (sorry I don't know the technical term for this, but I found it not annoying).

"The ranking of radiators (best to worse)"
Is this regarding fitment, performance, or what?

What is the best (performance) radiator that doesn't require all this sanding and whatnot you crazy people are doing? I'm committed enough to custom loop, not enough to sanding etc.

Also, is there a similar ranking for pumps? Perhaps @fabio can chime in here? I'm going to be in 3slot mode which i'm sure limits my pump options.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
"The ranking of radiators (best to worse)"
Is this regarding fitment, performance, or what?

What is the best (performance) radiator that doesn't require all this sanding and whatnot you crazy people are doing? I'm committed enough to custom loop, not enough to sanding etc.

Also, is there a similar ranking for pumps? Perhaps @fabio can chime in here? I'm going to be in 2slot mode which i'm sure limits my pump options.
The ranking mentioned is performance. Ranking for fitment is exactly reverse.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
The ranking mentioned is performance. Ranking for fitment is exactly reverse.

Do any of these other rads fit without sanding and whatnot? Basically whats the best rad I can use without voiding my warranties haha. I'm ok with them being difficult to get in as long as I can actually get it in. Still the LT?

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
So the case has arrived today and I've started building in it. It's so small! Pretty awesome piece of kit now that I have it here on the kitchen table.
I'm happy to report that everything is supplied and there's no damage to it.
the box was severely dented so that was a relief.
Gotta say that it was quite a challenge to put the case together as everybody is doing it somewhat different. Most parts had to come lose and had to be rescrewed in a slightly different spot, or mounting rails that just didn't cut it for the LT240.
I'll have to buy some proper lenght screws for the 15mm Noctua to screw onto the short mounting rails, but it fits with rubber pads on it and all. (size in mm?)
Really really happy about that. By the looks of it I'll be able to use all 4 screws on the 15mm Noctua, so that only the full size fan is mounted to the rad and not the case.
This is actually better than i had expected.... but it won't be finished for a while as I need to order some additional parts, and my magnets and delid tool are still not delivered.
I hope the new gpu line up will be out sooner than later though because the MSI gtx 1080ti X trio I'm currently running won't fit the case. It's too long.
I knew this before buying the case so it's not a problem and I would be able to have it in there without the front aluminum cover on it so that's alright for the time being.
I think going with the black color scheme was the right choice in the end, and it will look great next to my black DAC.

Fakeblood

What's an ITX?
New User
May 12, 2020
Ordered my case, however wont get it until Nov. Just wondering, would a corsair xr5 240 rad fit? Its essentially the GTS, but only 120 wide. Or would it still need to be trimmed due to it being 30mm tall?

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
Ordered my case, however wont get it until Nov. Just wondering, would a corsair xr5 240 rad fit? Its essentially the GTS, but only 120 wide. Or would it still need to be trimmed due to it being 30mm tall?
30mm rad will fit perfectly with 1 fan.

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
do you guys think running the LT Solo without the top on the block is viable option? i have a feeling this will a) make the DC-LT 2600 sound quieter, and b) create just enough mm in space so that a 92x14mm or 120x15mm fan can be comfortably placed above the motherboard (similar to what @worldtour posted above) while in the 3-slot gpu configuration.

in theory, no water should be entering that part of the block (otherwise i imagine rip pump), so the top seems like it's more cosmetic than anything (and that wouldn't matter if a fan was covering it).
following up on my own question, but consider this the first step in confirming that this may be a viable option. here's a fully-filled loop with the block top off-

looks like there might be just 15mm between the top of the pump and the side panel, so should be good to go to use a slim 92mm or 120mm noctua (and conveniently enough, you can probably just screw it into one of the block mounting holes to hold it in place). there was a sorbothane-esque material on the underside of the top of the block though, so there's potential that leaving the pump open like this will actually produce a louder sound (i was basing the noise assumption on the fact that the DC-LT 2600 + Eisstation 40 is reported as much quieter than the LT Solo).

i've got a plan to rotate the block 180 degrees so that the ports are up top/tubing away from the fan, but it'll probably be a couple weeks until i get to it. will report back on topless LT Solo/pump noise/top-down capability in 3-slot once i do.

worldtour

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2019
Could you tell me how you keep the slim noctua in front of the motherboard attached to the case? I'd like to do this too, and if possible not use tyraps.
Mine's planned for delivery today.

Simply using adhesive velcro. Hoping I can get a custom bracket solution for a 120mm fan. There is actually enough clearance to squeeze 140mm x 25mm fan but it's a little too tight and those fans are usually circular shaped so not much surface area for velcro.

@kazuma86 My cables are pslate ones with Dan A4 lengths.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
following up on my own question, but consider this the first step in confirming that this may be a viable option. here's a fully-filled loop with the block top off-

looks like there might be just 15mm between the top of the pump and the side panel, so should be good to go to use a slim 92mm or 120mm noctua (and conveniently enough, you can probably just screw it into one of the block mounting holes to hold it in place). there was a sorbothane-esque material on the underside of the top of the block though, so there's potential that leaving the pump open like this will actually produce a louder sound (i was basing the noise assumption on the fact that the DC-LT 2600 + Eisstation 40 is reported as much quieter than the LT Solo).

i've got a plan to rotate the block 180 degrees so that the ports are up top/tubing away from the fan, but it'll probably be a couple weeks until i get to it. will report back on topless LT Solo/pump noise/top-down capability in 3-slot once i do.

Would you mind listing the connections you used in your loop and how many of them? I really like this setup. Sorry for the handholding, I've never custom looped and am not entirely sure what is needed.

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Dammit, FormD restock mails went straight into my spam folder. T_T

Any chance to still get that November delivery?

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
Somehow the notification didn't even reach my spam folder (googlemail). Was there some trick to it?
Luckily I was able to snatch one by coincedence.

I hope Formd.com will open with new stock soon!

(and maybe confirm if "silver" means silver body and silver mesh or silver body and black mesh, since there was some confusion...)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hey guys, thx to the support from FormD - i need some m3x5mm + m3x8mm screws -> thats not the problem BUT is anyone here how knows where i can buy the stand-offs? if i „read“ the manual correctly then i need two pairs, one for each gpu confic. (2Slot, 3 Slot)
Thx for help ✌?

The standoffs are M3*20mm and M3*6mm. If you can’t get screws and standoff easily, we will ship it to you.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Somehow the notification didn't even reach my spam folder (googlemail). Was there some trick to it?
Luckily I was able to snatch one by coincedence.

I hope Formd.com will open with new stock soon!

(and maybe confirm if "silver" means silver body and silver mesh or silver body and black mesh, since there was some confusion...)

I'm almost certain that mesh panels on all models is black. Color matching would be a night mare as steel can't be anodized (at least not in the same way that aluminum can..) I'm not in the fabrication industry, all I know is the process is completely different for steel.

Reactions: Dawelio

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
I'm almost certain that mesh panels on all models is black. Color matching would be a night mare as steel can't be anodized (at least not in the same way that aluminum can..) I'm not in the fabrication industry, all I know is the process is completely different for steel.

Correct. Anodisation is an electro-oxidation process (hence the term, anodize, for Anode). You're forcibily oxidising (i.e. corroding) the metal

Anodisation works on aluminium because you're basically oxidising aluminium to form a layer of aluminium oxide, which relatively speaking is tough and resists further corrosion to the bare aluminium underneath

Steel or any iron alloy, on the other hand, forms iron oxide, which doesn't prevent further corrosion of the bare metal underneath. If you tried to anodise the mesh panel you'd have no more panel ?

Steel will need to be electroplated instead, which is different (depositing another metal on top of the bare metal, not oxidising it), but yes colour matching two different techniques would be a futile endeavour