Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
Are these 5.8ghz Wifi antennas? If so, where did you find these?
Looks like those antennas for super Tiny PCs like the Lenovo P340 etc. Those are typically 5dBi which I don’t trust unless you have the router/access point right next to you

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Hi @gwertheim. I plan to order the e-white or gunmetal version and have it shipped to my sister who's in Malaysia since shipping to the Philippines isn't an option yet. Is it possible to change shipping address after pre-ordering? Since it will be shipped in November things might change regarding shipping to other countries. Thanks.

Change shipping address is not possible. Since shipper is not @Wahaha360 team handled.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Finally got around to finishing my build! I think it turned out pretty well all things considered :D

Although I'm impressed you fit this many fans with the LT240, I see the intake side of things being a problem.

For the PSU side, you will see yourself the intake side problems when dust accumalates on just the red area of the mesh. And on GPU side I know the GPU is completely blocking off intake from that side. Even the A12x25 isn't magic and would work a lot better with out so much restrictions, but I think if you want the third fan it should be a slim and the PSU should be flipped. Just my 2 cents.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I do trust these small antennas, if they are specifically meant to be used for wifi.
But I'm not aware of 5.8ghz stubbies, I only know of 2.4ghz ones.
They come into stock on amazon and ebay between $10-12 USD but right not they are oos for US stock. I checked ebay and there's someone selling for $20. Here's the website of the seller for reference. I also added right angle connectors to make them go up.

Reactions: Gerold

seckzy

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2019
Although I'm impressed you fit this many fans with the LT240, I see the intake side of things being a problem.

For the PSU side, you will see yourself the intake side problems when dust accumalates on just the red area of the mesh. And on GPU side I know the GPU is completely blocking off intake from that side. Even the A12x25 isn't magic and would work a lot better with out so much restrictions, but I think if you want the third fan it should be a slim and the PSU should be flipped. Just my 2 cents.

Definitely thinking about the slim fan but I can't flip the PSU since my cables aren't long enough. My other thought is to use the extra 40mm fans I have to intake air in from the back of the case by the IO panel.

Although through some rigorous testing, the temps are definitely OK for everyday usage.

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
Ok you guys need to be careful with these, or you might fry your wifi card.
These are meant for FPV flying and not for transmitting wifi signal.
5.8ghz FPV antennas are not equal to 5.8ghz wifi antennas.
They might seem to work just fine, but they could fry the card at some point.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
so this is how my Saturday went ? before vs. after

not happy with that 92mm fan I had to find a way to make the full size 120mm work below the EK rad. before the issue was not being able to lower the front of the rad enough to close the top lid, since it hits the edge of the front piece. I noticed there's about 5mm between the edge of the fan and the hoses, so the solution came to mind is to just not screw in the fan, push the rad back as much as possible with the 120mm fan in place and push the top down. and it works! the fan is perfectly secured and held in place by the tubing with 0 movement.

super tight clearance shot - had to bend the stock cables a lot since I don't have custom cables in the lengths that works for the T1 yet. though I'm getting the M2426 from JHack and that will solve most of that issue

also could not run this with PSU flipped because the position on the backplate makes the PSU reaches higher than in default, especially the PSU bracket and the thick PSU plug.

One last thing, the longer countersunk screw seems to break quite easily, I've broken 2 already from just normal screwing actions. Probably just me but @Wahaha360 could you share the full list and quantity of screws please so I can source them locally when needed? Cheers!

So, did Optimum Tech look your idea or you copy Optimum tech idea? :D

• Haha
Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
So, did Optimum Tech look your idea or you copy Optimum tech idea? :D
Well he did it before Optimum Tech releases the video, so I’d say he came up with the idea on his own I guess ?
I was doing this mod back a couple of months back in the Formula X1 case with 3x 80x10 Scythe fans ?
though to be fair, I just copied all the M1 owners out there, they've been doing this for ages ?

• Love
Reactions: kazuma86

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019
Guys I don't get why the OP says 240mm RAD is not officially supported, but then right below say "when 120% is not enough, 240%."

What is the current stance of 240mm, both by the community and by the manufacturer?

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
Guys I don't get why the OP says 240mm RAD is not officially supported, but then right below say "when 120% is not enough, 240%."

What is the current stance of 240mm, both by the community and by the manufacturer?

no offense, but did you read a few pages of this thread?
There are some caveats to make a 240 rad fit (or rather just a few rads will fit out of the box), but it's not officially supported.

Exactly what I said. There are no ways to secure the fans to the side mesh panel. He just jammed it in together and let the fan’s rubber feet do the holding

well, does it work? yes. I'm not sure I'm following.
Take a bracket and screw it in if you feel like it, this is a mod after all^^