Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Hey there, is anyone here interested in only the radiator from the Eisbaer LT240? I've been waiting for the LT solo to come in stock for too long so I'm considering buying the LT240 and disassembling it for the pump block. Would be nice to cover a little bit of the extra cost and making people here happy.

EDIT: I'm located in the EU

Last edited:

Chaca

Caliper Novice
Mar 23, 2020
Hey there, is anyone here interested in only the radiator from the Eisbaer LT240? I've been waiting for the LT solo to come in stock for too long so I'm considering buying the LT240 and disassembling it for the pump block. Would be nice to cover a little bit of the extra cost and making people here happy.
Where are you located in the world?

bruub

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2017
I am interested if you are in the US.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
For those that are water cooling, what temp sensor are you using and where in the loop is it mounted?

It would help to know your loop order as well.

I was originally going to purchase the inline Alphacool sensor I was linked to in an earlier post, but it's expected delivery time just went from 2-3 days to 60-120 days on the aquatuning.uk website! The new plan in my build is use this from Amazon in place of a plug on my tee piece as my sensor now, removing the extension piece I was planning to use as well so that there's flow over the sensor.

Reactions: JRey

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
yeah, though that could be solved by using custom slim cable such as this https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id...AQL7Gw5uAVvKLBun1IWcGdb_tDSHCAle0hR2Oq776bmBk

also to consider is the shorter tubing means less volume of coolant in the loop, would that affect cooling capacity in any meaningful way?
That power connector sill looks like it has the plastic bit protruding inwards towards the radiator. Don't think it'll solve the problem of freeing up more room to fit tubes between the connector and the rad

the loss of volume with the shorter tubing won't matter in any meaningful way

Reactions: thelaughingman

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Mine already shipped three days ago, already received at my agent today and now shipped into Indonesia, probably 6-7 days .. I think @Wahaha360 give some backpack? I cant share picture since didnt save it from my agent.

Made_Man

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 30, 2020
Now the PSU can be turned sideways too?! You're further complicating my back-and-forth about the custom cables I want to order. :) At this point, I don't have a tracking number, but I might as well just wait till I have the case in hand to find out what works best for me.

Reactions: DrHudacris and PBJ

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
I just got my tracking number !! :)
It's time to start thinking about custom watercooling.

what about corsair 750, can it be rotated the way that its exhaust will be pointing forward the main radiator
and all the cable will be facing down ?

Last edited:

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
yours is actually the 1st build I saw that has the tubing goes through the rear end. most builds have the tubing runs along the body of the case to the front. care to share your thinking around this? And that rear area seems really tight, how easy/difficult was it to run the tubes through? cheers!
i think the underlying thought process behind the two "different" approaches i'm taking with the case (rotated psu and rad) is that i just wanted to minimize clutter. i'd always looked at sandwich cases over the years as boxes of wires, but saw a lot of potential in the t1 for cable reduction/management, and just couldn't shake the idea of owning the case off (obviously it has a lot of other strengths as well) even after all of the delays.

in terms of the tubing runs- it's not that difficult... if your motherboard layout allows for it. here's why:

with this combination (rotated "st25" radiator + asrock z390)- you have roughly 13mm between the wifi i/o and the sidebar, and maybe 13mm between the back of the wifi i/o and the 8pin power connector (typically less due to the stock cmos battery + double-sided tape setup, i only have a little over 11mm with the battery moved). so the radiator has to be oriented in almost this exact position with this exact width of tubing (11mm) for the front tube to fit, and then the back tube is pretty easy to run (i just had to up the difficulty factor by adding in the t-block for a fill port).

with other combinations- you may have more/less space due to the placement of the 8-pin connector and fan header(s), but a lot of motherboards now also use an i/o shroud/heatsink that would make it extremely difficult (if not impossible) to use this space.

edit2- note that the above applies to a 3-slot gpu. i believe with a 2-slot gpu, the front will open up a lot more, but the back port may then have issues with the pci-e mounting bar.

edit: sidenote- i do think i've figured out a solution to the t-block logjam that will allow for the power extension to be installed (also keeping in mind that i also need to lower the height of the t-block by ~6mm to be able to use the top panel), but it's going to require cutting the fan bracket to make it work. not sure if i want to go there within the first 24 hours of owning the case, so will see if i can come up with anything else that keeps the spirit of min/max tubing alive before i have to start cutting.

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
gpu side (yes, they are different colors ?)-
I have to ask, how did you swap the fans on your GPU? How is the sound and thermals? I would love to possibly do this with my EVGA 2080 Super, it's just so loud. It's why I've been looking into a full custom loop lmao

Reactions: DrHudacris