Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
For those that are water cooling, what temp sensor are you using and where in the loop is it mounted?

It would help to know your loop order as well.
Loop order doesn't matter too much. I have an plug temp sensor in the 1U ES res and an inline Phobya sensor after the radiator. Pretty neat (but not neccessary) to see the temp drop of the coolant pre and post radiator (generally 1-1.5C, in my case).

BTW, We have another 27mm radiator!
This is really cool! Seeing this made me even consider changing to this from TX, but unfortunately, its aluminum! tanks, fram, fins, all of it: Aluminum. I suppose if someone wanted to build an all aluminum loops, now you have a radiator option. Product listing here.
Any clearance issue installing a sabrent nvme heatsink if the nvme slot is on the backside of the mobo?

Between mobo and GPU is really really tight, like 8mm if you are using a backplate. This does not include the few mm that a rear mounted m.2 is offset from the rear of the MB. You could be clever and offset where you mount the riser for the GPU to the second PCI slot, giving you an extra 20mm.

Edit: Can I also say that I'm so happy to see @fabio back at it again with another build configuration?

joeybloggs

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 18, 2020
Please take a look at the first post, there is an image with GPU clearance. If you have a question after that, we can try to help you.

Hi there, apologies for the late reply. I've had a look at both the first post and your main website. The dimensions of the rx 590 are "2.2 Slots, 260X135X43mm".

On your official Formdworks.com , the specifications for a 3 slot card - height is 140mm (stating to allow for 15-20mm for PCIe power connectors). I am concerned with the height specification and my graphics card. Would the height need to be 120-125mm? or am i safe at 135mm, with the allowance for the PCIe power connectors.

It was an oversight on my part when I bought my graphics card before your website launched. Been looking at this case since Optimum tech posted his video :)

It's alot for me to spend on a case, so i'd very much like to check this before ordering- as it could be my only case for a long time after this!

Thank you very much for your help, I will check the forum more regularly as i see you have been swamped with order queries :)

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Hi there, apologies for the late reply. I've had a look at both the first post and your main website. The dimensions of the rx 590 are "2.2 Slots, 260X135X43mm".

On your official Formdworks.com , the specifications for a 3 slot card - height is 140mm (stating to allow for 15-20mm for PCIe power connectors). I am concerned with the height specification and my graphics card. Would the height need to be 120-125mm? or am i safe at 135mm, with the allowance for the PCIe power connectors.

It was an oversight on my part when I bought my graphics card before your website launched. Been looking at this case since Optimum tech posted his video :)

It's alot for me to spend on a case, so i'd very much like to check this before ordering- as it could be my only case for a long time after this!

Thank you very much for your help, I will check the forum more regularly as i see you have been swamped with order queries :)

I'm not the case maker or website operator, I'm just a curmudgeon who has been following the case a long time. This image from the first post on page 1 of this thread has more details about the size limits of the GPU. Things you need to make sure of: are the PCI power connectors inset from the top of the card? And where are those measurements for you GPU taken from? edge of the PCI connector? or the bottom of the PCI bracket? You can also provide the exact model of your card or a link to the manufacturer site for the card. Otherwise, there are too many unknowns.

Reactions: joeybloggs

joeybloggs

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 18, 2020
I'm not the case maker or website operator, I'm just a curmudgeon who has been following the case a long time. This image from the first post on page 1 of this thread has more details about the size limits of the GPU. Things you need to make sure of: are the PCI power connectors inset from the top of the card? And where are those measurements for you GPU taken from? edge of the PCI connector? or the bottom of the PCI bracket? You can also provide the exact model of your card or a link to the manufacturer site for the card. Otherwise, there are too many unknowns.

Ahh i see, i apologise for assuming that :) I'm taking measurements from the manufactures website which i will link :) The PCIe power connectors are on the top of the card :) I'm concerned that even in the image it appears to be 140mm to the structure, but 150mm to the pannel. It sounds like at 140mm there will be interference with the PCIe connector with the structure (I'm assuming anyway), but i'd like some confirmation before i write off this case :)

Thank you for your help :)

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Ahh i see, i apologise for assuming that :) I'm taking measurements from the manufactures website which i will link :) The PCIe power connectors are on the top of the card :) I'm concerned that even in the image it appears to be 140mm to the structure, but 150mm to the pannel. It sounds like at 140mm there will be interference with the PCIe connector with the structure (I'm assuming anyway), but i'd like some confirmation before i write off this case :)

Thank you for your help :)

As you can see in this picture of the back of the card, the PCI connectors are inset like 20mm. You should have no problems.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Got my T1 earlier today, and happy to report that Dominator Platinums do in fact fit! (only with the 2-slot GPU bracket). With that, there's about 2.5mm of clearance on either side of the tubing. Should be plenty of wiggle room. Happy I don't have to get rid of these for Vengeance LPX's heh.

Are you doing a custom loop?

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
It's not about excitement. It's about planning. My apartment building requires me to submit tracking number for expected packages otherwise it gets routed to a warehouse and it's a huge hassle since I do not have a car.

I bought some stuff in Japan using DHL and UPS, it takes 7 days to get tracking number and two days to shipped.. if you using DHL, maybe there is long line for that.

Reactions: DrHudacris

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
After ~3 hours, finally got it jammed together well enough to run (ignore the cable management)-

A lot of work to be done to make the short tubing run/t-block fill/drain port setup work (this is just me quickly carrying over the setup from my previous case), but looking forward to the challenge. Obviously the rotated PSU is a viable option for those that want to pursue it, just be advised that you have to go with a "create your own mount" approach because the "easter egg" configuration puts the PSU on top of the motherboard.

Well job with the case, @Wahaha360 and @3feetcat. While I'd been with my previous case for 4-5 years, I'd done a lot of builds in a lot of cases with a lot of brands prior to it, and this case is just on another level when it comes to the design (so much attention to detail) and the CNC'd machining and anodization turned out A+ (I think the only issue was one of the long fan brackets had some excess residue on the inside of it). The end product is absolutely stellar, and it was definitely worth the ~15 month wait for me ?

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
After ~3 hours, finally got it jammed together well enough to run (ignore the cable management)-

A lot of work to be done to make the short tubing run/t-block fill/drain port setup work (this is just me quickly carrying over the setup from my previous case), but looking forward to the challenge. Obviously the rotated PSU is a viable option for those that want to pursue it, just be advised that you have to go with a "create your own mount" approach because the "easter egg" configuration puts the PSU on top of the motherboard.

Well job with the case, @Wahaha360 and @3feetcat. While I'd been with my previous case for 4-5 years, I'd done a lot of builds in a lot of cases with a lot of brands prior to it, and this case is just on another level when it comes to the design (so much attention to detail) and the CNC'd machining and anodization turned out A+ (I think the only issue was one of the long fan brackets had some excess residue on the inside of it). The end product is absolutely stellar, and it was definitely worth the ~15 month wait for me ?

We want more pictures. You tease us.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

More pictures! Especially of the 90 degree PSU mount!

Reactions: aexeq

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
And here, the system ready!
I am using for both the fans the Noctua Low Noise Adapter and the pump range is between 25% and 45%.
With a 30 minutes Blender test the CPU stays at 69/70C and the coolant temp is 40C (32 in Idle).
In the ASUS board the Chipset reach 70C (With the Gigabyte was 65 MAX).

So what's your final parts list for the loop for those of us who can't keep up with the number of parts used? haha

Been having a discussion on our local Australian forums around best options when it comes to pump/res/rad options etc - I feel likle knowing all of the different parts you've tried and confirmed compatibility with (maybe a google sheet??) would be a super handy resource.

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
More pictures! Especially of the 90 degree PSU mount!
unfortunately i saw this after i'd done some work on it and then got all set back up. but the mount is... very crude for now. what i did was attach the ssd bracket to the case, and then zip tie the psu bracket to the ssd bracket. between the zip ties and the rigid-ish 24-pin cable, the mount is pretty dang solid though (just not level/flat).

note that the holes don't line up between the two brackets, and you can't mount the psu bracket flush to the ssd bracket because the psu bracket is wider than the "open" space in the front panel, so i think it'll take a custom piece to solve the problem. i'll dig around later this week and see if i can come up with something more long-term.

i mostly did the rotation to give the workhorse fan plenty of unobstructed room to breath (as well as the overall aesthetics of less cabling), but i'm sure you custom loop boys could find a way to use this empty space (27-30mm between psu and fan) for something...
cpu side-

gpu side (yes, they are different colors ?)-

...and then the logjam up top that i need to figure out (was definitely not expecting the power extension mount to be so deep)-

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
i mostly did the rotation to give the workhorse fan plenty of unobstructed room to breath (as well as the overall aesthetics of less cabling), but i'm sure you custom loop boys could find a way to use this empty space (27-30mm between psu and fan) for something...
my 1st reaction is to flip the A12x15 to the other side, and add another one. then push the whole thing in for 3 fans setup haha.

yours is actually the 1st build I saw that has the tubing goes through the rear end. most builds have the tubing runs along the body of the case to the front. care to share your thinking around this? And that rear area seems really tight, how easy/difficult was it to run the tubes through? cheers!

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
my 1st reaction is to flip the A12x15 to the other side, and add another one. then push the whole thing in for 3 fans setup haha.

yours is actually the 1st build I saw that has the tubing goes through the rear end. most builds have the tubing runs along the body of the case to the front. care to share your thinking around this? And that rear area seems really tight, how easy/difficult was it to run the tubes through? cheers!

From the looks of it he had to push the power connector off it's flush mount with the case to make room for the tubes. Probably not for the faint of heart!