Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Yes i did same thing, but in the middle on the way i tightened the screw i realize i did wrong things so i unscrew and remove that plastic ring, im lucky enough i still can tighten the screw without the o ring after that happened

Not me even without the ring, it doesn't tighten.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Welp, It happened. I was worried about the exhaust from my RX5700XT Red Devil passing through the TX240 and potentially heating up my cpu. So I managed to arranged a trade with a guy in Ottawa. Traded my Red Devil for a Reference 5700 XT + Bykski waterblock. Looks like i'll be doing a full custom loop. THE CASE WAS SUPPOSE TO COMPLETE MY BUILD NOT MAKE IT MORE AND MORE EXPENSIVE... *Shrugs*
Same thing is happening with my build, I'm seriously considering a custom loop

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Never done a loop before either. Looking to jump in with Zen 3 + RTX 3000 series GPUs once available. Till then CPU is on AIO and GPU is on air.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Same thing is happening with my build, I'm seriously considering a custom loop

haha same thing happened to me. I was going to settle for the LT240 on CPU and accelero xtreme III for GPU but after watching optimum tech and fabio's builds here, I knew I'd want MOAR, so custom loop it is. First time for me as well.

Alphacool LT240
Alphacool tubing 3m TPV 12.7/7.6mm
Alphacool HF 90 Degree Compression Fitting TPV x 4
Alphacool 6 Pack HF Compression Fitting TPV (it was cheaper than buying just 2 separate)
Alphacool Eisblock GPX-N Acetal Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080/2080Ti M02
EK-CryoFuel 1000ml Premix Clear Fluid

In addition to what I purchased earlier for my custom loop, after feedback from here, I've now also purchased the EK leak tester and alphacool tee piece, as I didn't realise the LT240 didn't have additional ports on the underside of the rad, I've probably over-thought it now but I created a doc of the loop, with the new pieces I purchased in green and I'm fairly confident with the loop now.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@fabio @gwertheim Optimus designs its blocks modularly and does sell each component individually. Imagine combining the Cold plate + Mounting + the top from Fr33flow and then a DDC pump on top. What a combo block that would be ???

In addition to what I purchased earlier for my custom loop, after feedback from here, I've now also purchased the EK leak tester and alphacool tee piece, as I didn't realise the LT240 didn't have additional ports on the underside of the rad, I've probably over-thought it now but I created a doc of the loop, with the new pieces I purchased in green and I'm fairly confident with the loop now.
my shopping list is pretty similar to yours except I went with the DC-LT 3600+ 40 DC-LT combo, and instead of getting the 90 degrees HF TPV fitting, I bought extra of the straight one, then bought the 90 degree rotatable adapter so they combine into a 90 degree fitting. Figure that rotatable would come in handy.
And I got this neat little thing Alphacool Eiszapfen temperature sensor G1/4 IG/IG mit AG Adapter - deep black to control my fans+pump with coolant temps.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

If you don't mind using other manufacturer fittings in the loop, I recommend this fitting to simplify your configuration a little bit.

@fabio @gwertheim My shopping list is pretty similar to yours except I went with the DC-LT 3600+ 40 DC-LT combo, and instead of getting the 90 degrees HF TPV fitting, I bought extra of the straight one, then bought the 90 degree rotatable adapter so they combine into a 90 degree fitting. Figure that rotatable would come in handy.
And I got this neat little thing Alphacool Eiszapfen temperature sensor G1/4 IG/IG mit AG Adapter - deep black to control my fans+pump with coolant temps.

Just a quick FYI, the 90 degree HF TPV fitting is also a rotatable! Rotary, low profile, built in n compression for TPV fitting, it's one of my favorite fittings (when using TPV tubing).

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Just a quick FYI, the 90 degree HF TPV fitting is also a rotatable! Rotary, low profile, built in n compression for TPV fitting, it's one of my favorite fittings (when using TPV tubing).
they are used in the LT240 AIO right? When I looked at those fittings individually they just don't look rotatable for me from those pictures. And in my defense the combo 90 degree would look better ? ? ? Plus the 90 degree HF TPV is out of stock for like 2 weeks whereas the combo is in stock

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
they are used in the LT240 AIO right? When I looked at those fittings individually they just don't look rotatable for me from those pictures. And in my defense the combo 90 degree would look better ? ? ? Plus the 90 degree HF TPV is out of stock for like 2 weeks whereas the combo is in stock
Looks are of course very important!

But they are seriously impressive little fittings. Unlike most rotarys they are so free and easy to rotate it even when fully tightened down. First time I used them, felt like they will definitely leak because it was so easy to spin... Nope, they are great and compression fitting is built in! But obviously, tubing choice is limited is the main drawback. I think I'll use them more though, after discovering them for this build.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
If you don't mind using other manufacturer fittings in the loop, I recommend this fitting to simplify your configuration a little bit.

That fitting would have been perfect. That's what I was looking for here in the UK but just couldn't find any in the similar colour/style unfortunately.

Oh another thing I might have overlooked. Is it generally preferred to use coolant temp over CPU/GPU temps for rad fans? Looks easy enough to fit and not too expensive either, so now I just don't know.

edit: My motherboard doesn't come with any temp sensor pins, so that's an easy decision for me by the looks of it. Does yours come with them?

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Oh another thing I might have overlooked. Is it generally preferred to use coolant temp over CPU/GPU temps for rad fans? Looks easy enough to fit and not too expensive either, so now I just don't know.

edit: My motherboard doesn't come with any temp sensor pins, so that's an easy decision for me by the looks of it. Does yours come with them?

If you ask me, coolant temp is the only way to control your fans in a loop! Because the water picks up heat from the components and in the radiator the heat leaves the water to the air, it doesn't make sense to control fan speeds based on component temp which is another degree of separation removed from the coolant temp. You'll have less speed fluctuations also. And as a critical safety feature, you'll know when your coolant is reaching temps that would damage the pump. There'd be no way to know when your coolant is over this threshold without a sensor.

I got an aqua computer Quadro in my build and it runs off a USB header and has 4 temp sensors and 4 fan headers. Other option is to use motherboard temp sensor (a lot of ASUS boards have this). And finally a low tech option is something like this. But yeah, at that point you just have to set the speed of the fan fixed so it's high enough to keep load temps under the danger threshold or have some sort of manual fan control.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

yes, I'm picking up the X570i Strix tomorrow. A lot of the high-end Asus boards have that thermal sensor header. Also if you look at the description of most water cooling parts, there's a safe operation temp threshold of 60C for the coolant, thus the need to monitor and control based on coolant temp

You'll have less speed fluctuations also. And as a critical safety feature, you'll know when your coolant is reaching temps that would damage the pump. There'd be no way to know when your coolant is over this threshold without a sensor.
this, especially with Zen 2 microboost the fluctuations are what annoys me the most. constant ramping up and down of the fans/pumps.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Do it. I am all in at this point too.
Hah, do it!

Kinda laughing how i'm still on fence about going 120/240mm AIO for CPU instead of L12S and most of people here considering custom loops. Maybe i should go all in aswell with custom loop ?
I just don't think my specs require me to need it quite yet. Maybe when I upgrade my CPU and GPU I'll do it. I just don't want to have yet another AIO sitting on a shelf. If I was to go with a custom loop, that'd mean I'd have 3 different AIOs I'm not using, and I'll have to go through the process of selling them (which I'd rather not do lol).
Plus, custom loops are expensive, like holy shit my bank account had a heart attack when it saw the prices of a GPU waterblock, I think I can wait a while... but if I sell all my AIOs I could pay for the loop... damnit I hate you all

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
I just don't think my specs require me to need it quite yet. Maybe when I upgrade my CPU and GPU I'll do it. I just don't want to have yet another AIO sitting on a shelf. If I was to go with a custom loop, that'd mean I'd have 3 different AIOs I'm not using, and I'll have to go through the process of selling them (which I'd rather not do lol).
Plus, custom loops are expensive, like holy shit my bank account had a heart attack when it saw the prices of a GPU waterblock, I think I can wait a while... but if I sell all my AIOs I could pay for the loop... damnit I hate you all

Yeah, cost for custom loop is expensive.. But I think you will do that, soon. :v

pyroxide

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2019
I've come to the conclusion that I no longer want this case and would like to cancel my two-tone preorder, assuming it still hasn't shipped.