Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
I got an aqua computer Quadro in my build and it runs off a USB header and has 4 temp sensors and 4 fan headers. Other option is to use motherboard temp sensor (a lot of ASUS boards have this). And finally a low tech option is something like this. But yeah, at that point you just have to set the speed of the fan fixed so it's high enough to keep load temps under the danger threshold or have some sort of manual fan control.

That's a cool little unit and given that I won't be using the internal USB header any longer in the new build, I could definitely go this way too. So just hook up the sensor, 2 fans and the USB header provides power as well as data? Or is the molex connector also needed for power? Then just set a curve with the software based on coolant temp and that's it yeah? Where would be the best place to mount it in the case do you think using double sided tape?

Reactions: DrHudacris

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
That's a cool little unit and given that I won't be using the internal USB header any longer in the new build, I could definitely go this way too. So just hook up the sensor, 2 fans and the USB header provides power as well as data? Or is the molex connector also needed for power? Then just set a curve with the software based on coolant temp and that's it yeah? Where would be the best place to mount it in the case do you think using double sided tape?

The Molex is needed, for the fans I think. Double sided tape or Velcro will work. But yes, you download aquasuite and set up the fans to respond as you like. It's my first time using aquasuite but it's a great piece of software, and that's coming from someone that prefers BIOS level settings!

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
The Molex is needed, for the fans I think. Double sided tape or Velcro will work. But yes, you download aquasuite and set up the fans to respond as you like. It's my first time using aquasuite but it's a great piece of software, and that's coming from someone that prefers BIOS level settings!

Thanks for all the advice. I’ve gone this far, I may as well go all in! So I’ll add the temp gauge and fan controller to the build as well ?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The bitspower fitting, which one is that and what purpose does it serve?
This is a good question!
There is no indication anywhere! I hope is a sort of inlet?? I will use it to fill the system.

There is some pictures where that port is used to connect to Magic Cube in serie, bit I don’t know what doesn’t it mean flow wise.

I will keep you here updated!!

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
This is a good question!
There is no indication anywhere! I hope is a sort of inlet?? I will use it to fill the system.

There is some pictures where that port is used to connect to Magic Cube in serie, bit I don’t know what doesn’t it mean flow wise.

I will keep you here updated!!

If possible I'd be interested to see how it compares to the DC-LT 40 res and if it's easier or more complicated to put together

Reactions: thelaughingman

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Ok, so for BitsPower that port is an additional INLET! Good to know! Let's try to fill the system, I hope nothing will flow out! ?

Capture.JPG
Screenshot 2020-07-26 at 22.50.58.png

Reactions: aexeq

pyroxide

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2019
What made you change your mind?
I really like the T1 design, but I have to follow my heart. With so much demand for this case, I don't want to have one around if it's not what I want anymore.

I've been lurking this thread pretty much all year. since like a day or 2 before the initial Optimum Tech video.. So much time has passed since then that I am having trouble keeping my mind made up on what to do with it, now that I preordered. More cases are on the market now or about to begin taking preorders. The T1, using an all-inclusive setup with LT240 and an air-cooled 3080/ti would be much a more straightforward project than what I really want to do.

I've been toying with the idea of external pump/res/rad and the Velka 5/7 was suggested. The reason for me wanting to do this is simple enough: I want endgame cooling without having to do something so very different every time I want to upgrade.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I really like the T1 design, but I have to follow my heart. With so much demand for this case, I don't want to have one around if it's not what I want anymore.

I've been lurking this thread pretty much all year. since like a day or 2 before the initial Optimum Tech video.. So much time has passed since then that I am having trouble keeping my mind made up on what to do with it, now that I preordered. More cases are on the market now or about to begin taking preorders. The T1, using an all-inclusive setup with LT240 and an air-cooled 3080/ti would be much a more straightforward project than what I really want to do.

I've been toying with the idea of external pump/res/rad and the Velka 5/7 was suggested. The reason for me wanting to do this is simple enough: I want endgame cooling without having to do something so very different every time I want to upgrade.

Makes sense, whatever works for you. After all, you know what you need or want. Just make sure you send that email to @Wahaha360. I told him to expect it.