Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Looking at the dimension, I will say MAYBE YES!
But I hade to check the inlet and outlet to see if it is possible!
I have one. Let me know if you want pics for measurements or something. I'm pretty skeptical though. The mounting is what would be weird. There are no side or front mounting holes. So maybe if the res was facing in with the pump but then that leaves the in and outlet on the panel side.

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
I have one. Let me know if you want pics for measurements or something. I'm pretty skeptical though. The mounting is what would be weird. There are no side or front mounting holes. So maybe if the res was facing in with the pump but then that leaves the in and outlet on the panel side.
I think it might be too wide, the PSU could get in the way?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Has anyone used an XSPC TX240 in their T1 and used 3 x Noctua NF-A12x15's? I feel like with this rad you could run Push/Pull in the PSU area and a single Pull fan on the CPU side for a little bump in airflow and performance - or would 50.5mm be too thick to mount on the PSU side of things?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Has anyone used an XSPC TX240 in their T1 and used 3 x Noctua NF-A12x15's? I feel like with this rad you could run Push/Pull in the PSU area and a single Pull fan on the CPU side for a little bump in airflow and performance - or would 50.5mm be too thick to mount on the PSU side of things?
@DrHudacris runs 2 slim fans and 1 full size fans and just clear the PSU cable, so 3x A12x15 should be piece of cake in terms of clearance

Reactions: DrHudacris

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Yes! I need pics of the 6 side! Just to see if I can think a way to mount it! it is 41mm thick, so it will fit ONLY in 3 slots mode and with a Thin block like the EKWB.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
If possible I'd be interested to see how it compares to the DC-LT 40 res and if it's easier or more complicated to put together
Regarding your thoughts:
Is exactly the same! With the DDC and this top it's quicker to fill the system though.

At the same time, I think there's some air still in the loop, at pump's high speed I can hear a lot of "splash". I was able to put 280ml of coolant.
I think that it should be 300 at least, because of my long tubing route from the CPU to the GPU.

Today I'll try to drain it and I'll give you more info!

But still, the DC-LT 40, for now, is the most compatible and easy choice.

Last edited:

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
What’s the volume like? Any perceptible acoustic difference? I assume you’re running the ddc at fairly low rpm?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
What’s the volume like? Any perceptible acoustic difference? I assume you’re running the ddc at fairly low rpm?
The volume of what?
Well, this is an EKWB PMW DDC MX 3.1 6W, it has been the quietest DDC pump ever had, even at High Speed.

I am running it between 40 and 60%.

Forgot to say I am also using the Magnitude with the INTEL straight brass chamber and the 0.6P JetPlate. Just to test it ?

Last edited:
Reactions: pwnedundies

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
The volume of what?
Well, this is an EKWB PMW DDC MX 3.1 6W, it has been the quietest DDC pump ever had, even at High Speed.

I am running it between 40 and 60%.

Forgot to say I am also using the Magnitude with the INTEL straight brass chamber and the 0.6P JetPlate. Just to test it ?
This is just my personal experience but the dc-lt has a worse sound profile than any DDC pump i've used. I have not used high rpm DDCs. The 3.1 6w DDC that fabio mentions is incredible. At idle I have to put my ear next to it and I still can barely hear it. I don't know the quality control of the DC-LT 2600 but to me it is no where near silent. At default you can decrease it to 60% if you mobo allows it which I've seen people have issues, not sure why, with the gigabyte boards. The DDC is pwm so it has a large range of adjustment. You can hard limit the voltage of the DC-LT with a voltage reducing cable. The 7v reduces the rpm lower than the 60% my mobo allowed me. No until I used both the 7v reducer and limited the pump to 60% would I say it was actually silent. I'm not sure if this is safe for the pump. I'm just really sensitive to the noises. Especially higher pitched sounds. The DC-LT is a smaller pump similar to the AIOs on the market and a lot of those don't sound great to me. When idle which is what my PC spends most of the day doing because my work isn't load intensive this is important to me. If you are gaming you won't notice it. Again I could have had a bad pump because the DC-LT is hit or miss and it always has been or my ears are just stupid and my personal sound sensitivities are ridiculous. I personally recommend when possible to put the DDC in if you are able.

Reactions: DrHudacris

worldtour

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2019
Code:
Tracking number: AwaitingTracking!

Haha what a tease. Last night I got my 2nd one of these notifications so I have no idea if my package is on a plane or not.

Reactions: Chaca