Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Sounds like coil whine is something this is comparable to. I expect the tone would be different but in terms of sound intensity would they be similar?

It's a pump, it's going to make noise. It's unavoidable. It's quieter than an air conditioning unit or a fly on the other side of the room.

Last edited:

Nemeses

Cable Smoosher
Jun 17, 2018
Hey everyone,

After building this bad boy in December:

...I'll be doing a NVLINK setup in the T1 in May/June.
From my experience of doing it in the Sliger SM560, I'll be needing the new 1000W Silverstone SFX-L PSU to make it all run smoothly (while I can bench the 2x2080Ti's, I can't push them to where they could easily go).

Does anyone have experience making a SFX-L fit into the T1?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Hey everyone,

From my experience of doing it in the Sliger SM560, I'll be needing the new 1000W Silverstone SFX-L PSU to make it all run smoothly (while I can bench the 2x2080Ti's, I can't push them to where they could easily go).

Sfx-l isn't supported. Please read the first post got the specs

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Hey everyone,

To my knowledge no one has attempted putting an SFX-L in the T1. 180 flipped is totally a no-go, but in standard orientation, rough calculation assuming 50mm rad + fan under the PSU leaves you 20-25 mm for the cables. So it's in the realm of extremely difficult, and barely feasible. Which looks to be right up your alley XD

bpark919

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2018
Hey everyone,

Having trouble getting my alphacool block 5700xt fit in two-slot mode. Curious if anyone has a solution other than EK terminal and new block. I'm using the koolance low profile 90s but they don't fit. Weird because the measurements indicate they are the same height as the ekwb temrinal fitting that Ali used.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Hey everyone,

Having trouble getting my alphacool block 5700xt fit in two-slot mode. Curious if anyone has a solution other than EK terminal and new block. I'm using the koolance low profile 90s but they don't fit. Weird because the measurements indicate they are the same height as the ekwb temrinal fitting that Ali used.

I don't think the Alphacool blocks can accept an EK rotary terminal, I could be wrong.

Depending on your tubing size, you could try the Alphacool HF TPV 90 degree fittings.

Reactions: aexeq

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I've ordered the 3M riser as I'm able to get it by Tuesday, thankfully.
@fabio thanks for the recommendation. Seems like it's the best riser on the market.

Looking forward to the distroplate option. You've really designed an incredible case.

which website did you order from?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Are DDC and SPC/P5 interchangeable? Or will there have to be different versions of the distro?

It is a thing that I never understood! I have both, maybe I can give the SPC with a DDC top a try? But when I’ve looked has seemed to me that the in/out is a bit different

I will need to make an adapter. The SPC/P5 pump is few mm thinner than DDC, trying to make use of that space.

Has anything been said about this?
I would think if you wanted to order and have the distro plate, this would replace the front lid. Because if not then it might not be space enough for the front lid, the distro plate and the DDC pump at the back of the gpu!

This is correct.

This is a stupid question, but what is a distro plate? Like what does it do?

It's basically a water reservoir that makes water cooling tube management easier. You can search on YouTube to get a better idea. TBH, it's an accessory for <1% of the people, very few people need or will use it.

@Wahaha360 that plate looks great! Couple of questions - would the port at the top left of the right plate in the image (assuming I'm looking at it the right way) be blocked by the PSU?

Have you considered ports on the front of the plate to make it easier to fill/drain?

It will not interfere with PSU b/c the distro-plate is muli-layered to address this issue. The water channels you can see are *not the only channels, there are more channels in the back. I did it this way to preserve a squarish look for the channels in the Front, or else it will be more rectangular, which I don't like.

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
re: the Eisbaer LT240 - I ordered one direct from Germany 8 days ago and the order hasn't shipped as of today, and none of the local (US) resellers have them. It seems they are out of stock everywhere. If it doesn't ship after 14 days, Alphacool's policy is to cancel the order and issue a refund. I guess we'll see what happens.
I've seen it listed with the Information "ready for shipment in 15 days" in germany - I don't know about ordering directly at alphacool, but maybe, if you are lucky, they are not yet out of stock.

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
2020-04-12 Update: Distro Plate for DDC, SPC / P5 Pumps

I was looking at Bitspower's Air Exhaust Fitting and 4-PIN 17W DDC Pump, gave me the motivation to push forward with this idea.

Exceptional work. This is such a wonderful project!

What would be the routing with the distroplate? Which tube goes where, etc.?

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
I do follow "Optimum Tech" on Youtube for quite a while and was think about getting the DAN A4 or Ghost S1. I dropped the A4 due to max. 2,25 Slot graphic card support - so I'm afraid it will be pretty "noisy" at the end. And Ghost S1, well it seems like there is no way getting it in Germany. Then Opimum Tech came up with this awesome build > Click.
I think thats my goal for my first ITX monster. Not sure about the graphics card yet. I do not have the money for a 2080 TI but maybe a 2070s or 5700xt - water-cooled of course.
btw, you can easily get the ghost s1 at their official reseller for Germany.
Batch 4 is in stock right now.

EDIT: sorry don‘t mind me, just saw that people already pointed it out :)

Last edited:

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
It's a pump, it's going to make noise. It's unavoidable.

Well... it is avoidable. At least to make it inaudible to human ears.

Like Magicool did with their DCP450.
All three units I did builds with are totally inaudible out of the box.
You can literally hear nothing even with your ear right next to the pump.

No comparison to any DDC or D5 I ever used.

So saying it's unavoidable is just not right :)

Edit: The only thing I would do, using a DCP450 is to replace the original o-rings with better versions. Some ppl reported issues with the original rings.

Last edited:

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com