Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

MVPotato

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2020
Hi guys,
first post in this great forum! :)
So the T1V1 seems like my dream case. Is it still safe, that the preorder will start in June (because of Corona) @Wahaha360 ?
I really want to get my hands on that beauty but in Germany it seems to be really hard to get SFF cases.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Hi guys,
first post in this great forum! :)
So the T1V1 seems like my dream case. Is it still safe, that the preorder will start in June (because of Corona) @Wahaha360 ?
I really want to get my hands on that beauty but in Germany it seems to be really hard to get SFF cases.

It ships worldwide (for the most part) and Germany is included. As long as @Wahaha360 keeps up with producing, you should be sure to get it.
I just hope there will be enough, so resellers don't stock up a lot.

@MVPotato what do you plan on building in this case? The LT240 should be easily obtainable in Germany

MVPotato

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2020
@MVPotato what do you plan on building in this case? The LT240 should be easily obtainable in Germany

I do follow "Optimum Tech" on Youtube for quite a while and was think about getting the DAN A4 or Ghost S1. I dropped the A4 due to max. 2,25 Slot graphic card support - so I'm afraid it will be pretty "noisy" at the end. And Ghost S1, well it seems like there is no way getting it in Germany. Then Opimum Tech came up with this awesome build > Click.
I think thats my goal for my first ITX monster. Not sure about the graphics card yet. I do not have the money for a 2080 TI but maybe a 2070s or 5700xt - water-cooled of course.

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
I'm still planning to jump on the buy when it drops in June, possibly even the moment it goes up if I can keep up with it, the FDT1 is a beauty, I'm just hopefull the variant we get includes many of the improvements worked on through these discussions. Fingers crossed the msrp doesn't go above 200 and that shipping is affordable because it's such a perfect value.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Looking at the type of modifications it shouldnt cost a noticable amount more, because there wont be more machining steps involved, but I guess @Wahaha360 might be able to tell you more about this one.

Reactions: Truth

MVPotato

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2020
@MVPotato
You can message me and get my 1080 with waterblock, so I have a reason to upgrade :p
Haha - then I could also stick with my Vega56, I would just need a waterblock for it. I think I'll grab something new. I'm sorry than I can't be the reason for you to upgrade your GPU :p
If there are problems regarding the delivery I also have the NCase M1 on my watchlist. But it is slightly bigger and I can't get my hands on that one as well because of Corona.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
Will catch up on questions later, trying to get Distro Plate done today.

@Wahaha360 Does the inclusion of a distro plate means you will now officially support 240 rads making the respective changes for this to happen?
Is it possible to also include the space for two 25 mm fans, does this excede the 10L limit?

I raise these questions because it would not make much sense to include a distro plate on a case that doesn't support a variety of 240 rads, and I think some modifications could be made in order to fit other radiators wihtout exceeding the 10L mark.

Reactions: Truth

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
@Wahaha360 Does the inclusion of a distro plate means you will now officially support 240 rads making the respective changes for this to happen?
Is it possible to also include the space for two 25 mm fans, does this excede the 10L limit?

I raise these questions because it would not make much sense to include a distro plate on a case that doesn't support a variety of 240 rads, and I think some modifications could be made in order to fit other radiators wihtout exceeding the 10L mark.
No, that won't happen. Check out the thread for the FormD P1 for full 240 radiator support, but I don't really know if @Wahaha360 will support this case with the waterblock.

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
And Ghost S1, well it seems like there is no way getting it in Germany.

There is a way.
Just order it from proshop... They ship from Denmark and have the S1 in stock:

Reactions: Bausa and fabio

MVPotato

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2020
Just order it from proshop... They ship from Denmark and have the S1 in stock:
You're right. But 270€ + 55€ for the top hat (which has a delivery time from 1-2 months) this is just too expensive. Then going for the NZXT H1 at release or better, the T1 should be a way better value for the money. Still the S1 is super sexy but thats just a little bit much.

Reactions: arthasdklol

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
No, that won't happen. Check out the thread for the FormD P1 for full 240 radiator support, but I don't really know if @Wahaha360 will support this case with the waterblock.

I know that thread and the intention in that one is to make a 280 rad support.

I'm specifically asking because of the inclusion of the distro plate, which was not intended in the first place when the project began as far as what was mentioned in this thread, so this changes things a lil bit.

How do you know it won't happen? Please explain since you seem to have first hand information

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I know that thread and the intention in that one is to make a 280 rad support.

I'm specifically asking because of the inclusion of the distro plate, which was not intended in the first place when the project began as far as what was mentioned in this thread, so this changes things a lil bit.

How do you know it won't happen? Please explain since you seem to have first hand information
I don't have first hand information.
@Wahaha360 just clearly stated, that as the size of the case is now, it is the golden ratio for him and he won't change that. There are a lot of case threads, that fell into that trap of making the case bigger and bigger and bigger to have everyone satisfied and in the end, the main supporters weren't even interested anymore.
That's my understanding of @Wahaha360 's decision background.
Also the case wasn't to satisfy a lot of people, initially @Wahaha360 set this project up to test the manufacturing process of such cases.

Maybe if you want more detailed, direct information, you can read the whole thread, as this information is spread out in this thread.

Reactions: ManaNeko

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
@Luke NK
Oh and also you should pay attention, on what other members found out in terms of fittmend, because the case can house a variaty of 240 radiators, but they are not officially supportet!
If you are really interested in this case, you should take your time, looking what you can make work and there won't be all that big of a difference to a 240 with 25mm fans.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
I don't have first hand information.
@Wahaha360 just clearly stated, that as the size of the case is now, it is the golden ratio for him and he won't change that. There are a lot of case threads, that fell into that trap of making the case bigger and bigger and bigger to have everyone satisfied and in the end, the main supporters weren't even interested anymore.
That's my understanding of @Wahaha360 's decision background.
Also the case wasn't to satisfy a lot of people, initially @Wahaha360 set this project up to test the manufacturing process of such cases.

Maybe if you want more detailed, direct information, you can read the whole thread, as this information is spread out in this thread.

I have read the entire thread. If there is nowhere else you would like to direct me, and if it's okay with you, I would like to raise my initial question of the purpose of a distro plate with such limited rad support.

I'm not against it of course, just an input on what could be improved from my understanding.

Reactions: Gerold and Killdoc

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I have read the entire thread. If there is nowhere else you would like to direct me, and if it's okay with you, I would like to raise my initial question of the purpose of a distro plate with such limited rad support.

I'm not against it of course, just an input on what could be improved from my understanding.

Making the distro-plate doesn't change 240 AIO support.

Distro-Plate is intended to make tubing easier.

Supporting other 240 AIOs is to make the case bigger and average performance worse - it just doesn't make sense to me, it never did.

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020

I also wonder of the utility of a distro plate in a SSFPC setting, since it is bound to increase the volume utilization (unless you use it to make up one of the case walls, unattractive in my opinion). It will potentially place more right angles in the fluid flow of the coolant, increasing the amount of work required of the pump (more noise?). I will admit that my water-cooling experience is limited to AIO CPU coolers, so I am also interested in hearing from more experienced builders on their opinions.