Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Update 2020-02-24 : "Sidearmd" brand name is a problem for Shopify and Bank Account, b/c it's too close to weapons / guns and etc.

Shopify just told us they are closing the payment processing gateway because the business violates their T&C B.5. I been fighting them for the last week explaining that this is for a computer case, but they won't change their decision. I suspect the name "Sidearmd" is too close to guns and weapons for their taste.

My Banker also wants me to change the name because it's too close to weapons.

New name then.

Good thing that you didn't put a logo on the case then.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Update 2020-02-24 : "Sidearmd" brand name is a problem for Shopify and Bank Account, b/c it's too close to weapons / guns and etc.

Shopify just told us they are closing the payment processing gateway because the business violates their T&C B.5. I been fighting them for the last week explaining that this is for a computer case, but they won't change their decision. I suspect the name "Sidearmd" is too close to guns and weapons for their taste.

New name then.
If im not mistaken you said somewhere in this thread that the Chinese name is t1留学生, why not just use that and call it the t1 lxs?

sideleg t1 would work too lmao.

Reactions: Brude27

Soulstar

Case Bender
New User
Jan 24, 2020
Man, that sounds rough. I bet after all this time it will be hard to come up with a name that doesn’t sound wrong.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

New name then.

Sword/blade theme? Scimitar, claymore, saber, others? Still a weapon but not a firearm.

race2c

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2019
Bummer to hear about the name. While I understand Shopify's reason for wanting to eliminate the processing gateway, thats just sad that they automatically associate the term with firearms. A little verification, validation and looking on their end could see it's not.

race2c

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2019
We know you will figure something out.

As to name, no matter what the name may be, you will have a strong group of followers who won't care and simply want a case that is of high quality and standards. Plus, given your active participation in the community and openness to feedback will mean wonders to the SFF PC community.....not a name change.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
ncased.com worst case cenario,

Dunder Mifflin T1 could work.

Saber T1.
Lol SchruteD T1

I like the removal the vowels because our brains still read it that way. Ncased T1 is good too. I call the M1 just the M1 all the time but that's just me. So essentially it's just the T1 like others have said.

Reactions: PBJ

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019

New name then.
That is absolutely ridiculous. I'd find new banks and payment processors to work with quite honestly. If you search there are definitely firearm-friendly banks and payment processors. Why not just switch over to one of those? While you aren't actually selling anything firearm-related, it's more of a freedom of speech thing the way I see it. You've been working under the Sidearmd name and building hype around this since December 2018 when this thread was posted, if you ask me it's pretty unreasonable to be forced to change that suddenly.

and hey, assuming you're in the US, bonus is that you could then make some actual sidearmd firearm accessories if you really wanted...

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash