Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Nice, behind the radiator seems like a pretty good idea. Is the 30cm the ideal one for that kind of setup? Or would you recommend going shorter/longer?
Yes if you go with that option then 30 is what you'd need.
Don't know your motherboard but keep in mind that with a backplate on the motherboard it might not work.
For my Asus X570-i I now have this does not work.

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Hey stanleyguan,

I have been looking everywhere for the 17mm black hanjiang radiator.

A couple of things. Would you be able to send the link for where you found the black ones?
Or would you send me their website info so I can contact them myself.

I would also be interested in purchasing one of the 240mm x 17mm radiators in black from you.

Best,
Leo

The taobao link is here and you need to ask the seller to send a fully black one (not sure if it’s available anymore). In case you haven’t seen my other posts about it, I do not recommend it at all because both black radiators I received leaked though I fixed one of them.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
The taobao link is here and you need to ask the seller to send a fully black one (not sure if it’s available anymore). In case you haven’t seen my other posts about it, I do not recommend it at all because both black radiators I received leaked though I fixed one of them.
Can you explain how you fixed the leak issue?

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

NurseLeo

Caliper Novice
Jul 7, 2020
Could you resend the link. The first link you sent me is not working for me.

I did see your other posts about the o rings and it leaking. I have a leak tester and hopefully it won't leak. Worst case scenario, I have a full copper HJ240 that I can use. The black would just be better for me

Thank you For your replies,
Leo

Joe1963

Efficiency Noob
Mar 11, 2021
Hey Wahaha360,
I’m trying to get an update on my order #FD71970 that arrived faulty and can’t close properly.

Last heard from yourself on 05/05 via email and I’ve tried to chase it up for an update with another email and another FormDworks Support contact form but it’s been 2 weeks as of today and I’ve not heard anything back.

Appreciate you’re probably busy but I’d be really grateful for a reply so that this can be resolved as this is really disappointing.

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Can you explain how you fixed the leak issue?
For the one I was able to fix, I removed the end tank and cleaned the surface between the end tank and the radiator. It did not completely fix it, but it now leaks more slowly than water evaporates (it’s funny, I know). It’s been in my system for months without issue. For the other radiator, there is an issue with the seal between the tubes and the housing, which I could not fix.

Could you resend the link. The first link you sent me is not working for me.

I did see your other posts about the o rings and it leaking. I have a leak tester and hopefully it won't leak. Worst case scenario, I have a full copper HJ240 that I can use. The black would just be better for me

Thank you For your replies,
Leo
Here‘s the link again (the earlier link only works in taobao app I think). But just to reiterate for others that I don’t recommend it for quality issues.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
For the one I was able to fix, I removed the end tank and cleaned the surface between the end tank and the radiator. It did not completely fix it, but it now leaks more slowly than water evaporates (it’s funny, I know). It’s been in my system for months without issue. For the other radiator, there is an issue with the seal between the tubes and the housing, which I could not fix.

Here‘s the link again (the earlier link only works in taobao app I think). But just to reiterate for others that I don’t recommend it for quality issues.
It's also sold on aliexpress via various sellers and reading through the reviews there are LOTS of people having the same issue.
It's leaking and even tightening the screws won't prevent it.
Personally I'd not buy it.

Reactions: stanleyguan

NurseLeo

Caliper Novice
Jul 7, 2020
It's also sold on aliexpress via various sellers and reading through the reviews there are LOTS of people having the same issue.
It's leaking and even tightening the screws won't prevent it.
Personally I'd not buy it.
I have a black boarder one with copper fins, and I have leak tested it, and it is good. I am willing to take the risk, especially since I have a leak tester

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hey Wahaha360,
I’m trying to get an update on my order #FD71970 that arrived faulty and can’t close properly.

Last heard from yourself on 05/05 via email and I’ve tried to chase it up for an update with another email and another FormDworks Support contact form but it’s been 2 weeks as of today and I’ve not heard anything back.

Appreciate you’re probably busy but I’d be really grateful for a reply so that this can be resolved as this is really disappointing.

Responded earlier.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
@Wahaha360 Are the measurements for the T1 version 1.5 that are given in the opening post something I can count on?
If so I am ordering a TX240 because the chromax 25mm fans should hit the market this fall and that would be something I want to build.

TLDR:
- Still less than 10L, either 9.8 or 9.95L, currently 135x220x335mm
- 46mm under the mobo for Radiator + Fan, 20.5mm TX240 radiator + *dual 25mm thick fans, 27 or 30mm thick radiator + *dual 15mm slim fans
- Support dual 240mm radiator setup, with 48mm CPU cooler height left for Pump & Res combo
- Will support both ROG 30XX and MSI Gaming X Trio 30XX, debating MSI Suprim X 30XX support, it's 13mm longer and will push volume over 10L
- Support 1.25, 1.50, 1.75, 2, 2.25, 2.50, 2.75, 3, 3.25 GPU Slots for more GPU vs CPU space allocation possibilitie

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 Are the measurements for the T1 version 1.5 that are given in the opening post something I can count on?
If so I am ordering a TX240 because the chromax 25mm fans should hit the market this fall and that would be something I want to build.

TLDR:
- Still less than 10L, either 9.8 or 9.95L, currently 135x220x335mm
- 46mm under the mobo for Radiator + Fan, 20.5mm TX240 radiator + *dual 25mm thick fans, 27 or 30mm thick radiator + *dual 15mm slim fans
- Support dual 240mm radiator setup, with 48mm CPU cooler height left for Pump & Res combo
- Will support both ROG 30XX and MSI Gaming X Trio 30XX, debating MSI Suprim X 30XX support, it's 13mm longer and will push volume over 10L
- Support 1.25, 1.50, 1.75, 2, 2.25, 2.50, 2.75, 3, 3.25 GPU Slots for more GPU vs CPU space allocation possibilitie

haven't changed size or radiator support.

just adding a few more features to surprise people.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
haven't changed size or radiator support.

just adding a few more features to surprise people.
Can't wait! Was wondering if you could also send me a second power cable for the T1, because I'd like to mod one but have trouble sourcing this specific one.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Can't wait! Was wondering if you could also send me a second power cable for the T1, because I'd like to mod one but have trouble sourcing this specific one.

@Wahaha360 I sent support an email/ticket and haven't heard back for 2 weeks. Can you let me know what's going on in regards to it?

Operations is fighting me on offering parts 🤦‍♂️.

After my post, we had over 30 emails asking for parts, and we just don’t have that many, how to decide who gets it and who doesn’t. This is why we haven’t sent invoice for parts or gave officially response.

This weekend I will look for you two’s email.

truthfulie

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2021
I know things aren't finalized. But for second rad support, what thickness of rad (or what rad) is on the table? Can we expect something like TX? Or would it be more like super thin rads like hanjiang 17mm?