Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I might try that, but the coil whine when under load is super loud, louder than I would expect it to be, and even with the GPU fans set to max (which are super loud) I can still hear the coil whine. I usually run three monitors though, so not sure how well switching the DP cables around would help.

It's not my PSU, I've had two different PSUs plugged into this card and the coil whine is just as bad with both of them. Either way, it's not something I'm too worried about because I can't hear it with my headphones on, and it might allow me to get a free upgrade... maybe

Now I thought I had coil whine and it turned out to be the chipset fan on gigabyte x570. It took me a long time to figure that out as I convinced myself that 2 waterblocks GPUs would certainly make a ton of coil whine. Just something to consider!

AbsoluteRecoil

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 23, 2020
Love your current pump solution, just have the pump block hanging off the side. You say your waiting for the 2600 pump to be back in stock, why dont you just remove the pump out of the lt solo, i belive the cpu pump block also has a 2600 in it. Also alpha cool should be coming out with their 2nd gen dc-lt pumps (the new pumps are in the new aurora aios). Id suggest temporarily using the pump out of the lt solo, and then upgrading to the newer pump later on

To exhume pump from the Alphacool Waterblock would mean to destroy metal faceplate. I do not want destroy part so that I may re-sell it.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I really tried to fit a second 240mm, but with a DDC pump, at the moment, is impossible! The side radiator has the new Kaze 1212 Fan, leaving 8mm almost of "space" to let it works! Of course, I need to test the entire setup... Just missing to fill the system!
you missed the sign up for Aquanaut? I might skip the DC-LT combo altogether and just wait for the Aquanaut to come to do my loop. my plan is to put a 2nd TX240 in the GPU chamber when Big navi comes, with A12x15. Since I plan to run 3 fans on the top rad, I think there should be enough negative pressure to help propel the hot air from the side rad upwards even with just 5mm spacing. Still not very convinced of the Scythe 1212 fans

The second radiator is supported just by the fittings!

I think you should tie that down haha Don't like having stuff rattling around in the case. I plan to use 1 of the small bracket with standoff to anchor the rad off the bottom panel. Ofc it depends on the fittings and how high the rad is positioned

Reactions: bynio

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
To exhume pump from the Alphacool Waterblock would mean to destroy metal faceplate. I do not want destroy part so that I may re-sell it.
Oh OK, for some reason I thought the pump was easily accessible, I rember optium tech mentioning it was easy to dissemble for cleaning so I just assumed you could replace the pump easily.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Just want to double check before I pick up my parts tomorrow. 3200Mhz ram is a good speed for amd CPU's or should I go higher?

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020

Third prototype of my 3D-printed DDC reservoir and it's unfortunately still leaking pressure... Not sure if it's universal with all DDC pumps but my Alphacool DDC310 seems to require a ton of torque to achieve a proper seal and the printed threads ended up stripped; threaded inserts also got pulled out. Not fun. G1/4 ports seem to work just fine though.

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Asus has updated their website to include more specs.

Looks like the strix may be the absolute fattest 3080 that MAY fit. It is really right on the limit of what the T1 supports. And until we try we dont know if the recessed power connectors will clear the top panel. Another thing is that it takes 3 8pins. Can the SF750 or 600 support that?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
EIDT (tested with 2 Noctua SLIM to compare better with previous tests)

SO, Regarding the TEMPERATURE:

CPU at STOCK: 2/3C Lower than the GTS240, 3C lower the Coolant (Blender Benchmark for 30min)

CPU OC 43: 2/3C Lower than the GTS240 (Blender Benchmark for 30min)

GPU: 3/4C Lower than the GTS240 (Heaven Benchmark for 30min)

THEN, is it worth it for 99% of the people, at the moment? Nope! It's super hard to build, and you need to have a lot of patience and scratched fingers for it! ?

Last edited:

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018

Third prototype of my 3D-printed DDC reservoir and it's unfortunately still leaking pressure... Not sure if it's universal with all DDC pumps but my Alphacool DDC310 seems to require a ton of torque to achieve a proper seal and the printed threads ended up stripped; threaded inserts also got pulled out. Not fun. G1/4 ports seem to work just fine though.

Two ideas.

Could you go for through holes, with nuts on the ends? This would allow you to get A tighter seal?

secondly, apoxy the threaded inserts in. They don’t come out then.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
Asus has updated their website to include more specs.

Looks like the strix may be the absolute fattest 3080 that MAY fit. It is really right on the limit of what the T1 supports. And until we try we dont know if the recessed power connectors will clear the top panel. Another thing is that it takes 3 8pins. Can the SF750 or 600 support that?
SF750 has 4 8-pin PCIe/EPS outlets. If you dedicate a cable per outlet as NVidia recommends you'll max them out (1 CPU 3x GPU). Just perfect!

SF600 is SOL as they only have 3 8-pin outlets (1x CPU 2x GPU)