Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Fabio i think your confused, thats a sidearm T1 your building in... NOT an ncase M1. What you are currently doing is illegal.

Even if you do manage to somehow fit a side radiator how effective is that really going to be considering the clearance between the fan and the GPU?

@fabio is above the law in the world of the T1. He can break into your house and rip the T1 out of your hands with all the parts and you can't charge him with anything

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
UK hear, am i right in saying that EVGA also lets you dissemble cards without breaking warranty (i know US and some countries ignore that warranty void sticker bulllshit)

as far as coil whine goes, i have had quite bad coil win with my 5700 xt, (even when watching YouTube if the red scroll bar is visible it becomes loud) However just today i swapped the display port the monitor was plugged into and like magic their is no more coil whine (will have to wait and see if it starts again)
I might try that, but the coil whine when under load is super loud, louder than I would expect it to be, and even with the GPU fans set to max (which are super loud) I can still hear the coil whine. I usually run three monitors though, so not sure how well switching the DP cables around would help.
Coil whine is usually due to back EMF or cross talk of various components. It can be PSU related, or even like you said display port related (they do or can supply some power and change the system impedance). I built two identical rigs for machine vision data acquisition a lab, and one combination of PSU and GPU caused coil whine in 1, but upon flipping the GPUs between the two, the coil whine disappeared on both.
It's not my PSU, I've had two different PSUs plugged into this card and the coil whine is just as bad with both of them. Either way, it's not something I'm too worried about because I can't hear it with my headphones on, and it might allow me to get a free upgrade... maybe

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
Quick question. For people who dont have an expendable income to spend on the best pc components *cough* @fabio *cough , how much better is the EK SE classic 240 over alphacools ST25 240.

When alphacool releases their updated LT aio in fancy RGB, i am debating whether to buy the lt 240 aurora aio or to buy the lt aurora solo and make a custom aio with the EK SE classic (like optium techs video on building a custom modular aio).

Considering the cost difference of the new non lt esiaber aio and solo pump block, im going to estimate it will cost an extra £40 to go with the custom AIO with EKs radiator compared to just buying the new lt AIO, is this worth it for the extra cooling capacity and to have metal fittings compared to nylon fittings. Additionally are their any clearance issues with EKs SE classic.

Last edited:

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Quick question. For people who dont have an expendable income to spend on the best pc components *cough* @fabio *cough , how much better is the EK SE 240 over alphacools ST25 240.

When alphacool releases their updated LT aio in fancy RGB, i am debating whether to buy the lt 240 aurora aio or to buy the lt aurora solo and make a custom aio with the EK SE (like optium techs video on building a custom modular aio).

Considering the cost difference of the new non lt esiaber aio and solo pump block, im going to estimate it will cost an extra £40 to go with the custom AIO with EKs radiator compared to just buying the new lt AIO, is this worth it for the extra cooling capacity and to have metal fittings compared to nylon fittings. Additionally are their any clearance issues with EKs SE classic.

Don't get the se, get the se classic due to the different thickness.

Let @fabio do his thing, he knows what he's doing

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
Don't get the se, get the se classic due to the different thickness.

Let @fabio do his thing, he knows what he's doing
Sorry i meant to say classic. (i said classic at the end of my question, ill edit it now) my question still stands tho, is it worth the £40 to go the custom route with the EK SE classic

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Fabio i think your confused, thats a sidearm T1 your building in... NOT an ncase M1. What you are currently doing is illegal.

Even if you do manage to somehow fit a side radiator how effective is that really going to be considering the clearance between the fan and the GPU?
I really tried to fit a second 240mm, but with a DDC pump, at the moment, is impossible! The side radiator has the new Kaze 1212 Fan, leaving 8mm almost of "space" to let it works! Of course, I need to test the entire setup... Just missing to fill the system!

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
I really tried to fit a second 240mm, but with a DDC pump, at the moment, is impossible! The side radiator has the new Kaze 1212 Fan, leaving 8mm almost of "space" to let it works! Of course, I need to test the entire setup... Just missing to fill the system!
I guess any improvement is an improvement however minor, just worried it could actually hurt temps as the main radiator may get less airflow, i know its not what your trying to do but i did see someone post a build with a really strange second radiator, like a server radiator or something?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
that makes me feel uneasy, might want to fin a better way to secure it, maybe bend some thin metal sheet strips to form a bracket and attactch the bracket to the bottom pannel?
You can! But apart aesthetic reason, for me is ok like this! I can add a single zip-tie to support it to the center spine!

• Haha
Reactions: ciaran clare

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio are you planning on gettiong a 3080 or 3090?
This is a good question. I don't have the answer! The 3080 seems to be a bargain!
If I will get the 3090, and IF the thermals are for real 30C lower than the Titan RTX as Nvidia claim, I think I keep it on Air and I will give the 240mm rad entirely to the CPU, with an Eisbaer LT Solo. OR, I have to find space for the DC-LT 40 combo somewhere...

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
This is a good question. I don't have the answer! The 3080 seems to be a bargain!
If I will get the 3090, and IF the thermals are for real 30C lower than the Titan RTX as Nvidia claim, I think I keep it on Air and I will give the 240mm rad entirely to the CPU, with an Eisbaer LT Solo. OR, I have to find space for the DC-LT 40 combo somewhere...
didnt think the 3090 would fit on air? will be great to see how thermals work out in a sandwich case

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
And honestly, if you look at the spec sheet on the first page... is that with the bracket for the ssd in the front, or without it. I measured the case and I think it just might work.

• Wow
Reactions: DrHudacris