Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Guys, I am new in water-cooling. Since there is a little space for a proper reservoir I was wondering, I saw lots of builds people leave some air in the reservoir. Are there any disadvantages to not have one? Can the water expand (boil) and get away from the loop?

I am going to build a loop using Bitspower Magic-cube with DDC.

If your coolant is boiling, you've got way bigger issues. Coolant should not ever exceed 60C

A loop will run totally fine without a dedicated reservoir. The disadvantages are longer to fill with coolant, harder to remove air (as normally the reservoir acts as an air trap). I guess it doesn't look as cool? Just things that can be worked around anyway.

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
If your coolant is boiling, you've got way bigger issues. Coolant should not ever exceed 60C

A loop will run totally fine without a dedicated reservoir. The disadvantages are longer to fill with coolant, harder to remove air (as normally the reservoir acts as an air trap). I guess it doesn't look as cool? Just things that can be worked around anyway.
Or do the Fabio way, use a DDC pump to fill the loop :)

Reactions: DrHudacris

dream3

Average Stuffer
Apr 5, 2019
Official? Use what you want. Do the research on everyone's recommendation and see what works for you. This kind of thing is NOT one size fits all solution. Everyone has a different use case based on their needs.

You are right, what I actually meant by official is "community consensus". I don't think the uses differ that much, I'm looking for the best small antennas that have the best performance for 5ghz wifi and bluetooth. Seems pretty standard to me, no?

deeeeeeeeee

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2020
You are right, what I actually meant by official is "community consensus". I don't think the uses differ that much, I'm looking for the best small antennas that have the best performance for 5ghz wifi and bluetooth. Seems pretty standard to me, no?
'official' gives the impression that it is a recommended choice given by the designer/team behind the case, not much so a 'community consensus' by first impression of reading it, just imho, no offense!

Reactions: dream3

alwaysbless

Efficiency Noob
Aug 14, 2020
Dang it, XSPC TX 240 is not being manufactured at the moment and local retailers have had their orders terminated so I've been refunded and am now having to rethink which radiator I use. Does triple A12x15 work with an EK SE240 CLASSIC?

Wot I guess I got lucky I just grabbed on Amazon this weekend. I saw frozen cpu had restocked last week too and everyone seems to be charging 89.99

• Wow

alwaysbless

Efficiency Noob
Aug 14, 2020
For those considering a 3090 will you be switching to air cooling for cpu and watercooling for gpu only? It seems like itll be pretty hard to cool a high end cpu and 3090 with a slim 240mm rad. Hoping the card pcb is short enough to even allow water cooling tbh.

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
'official' gives the impression that it is a recommended choice given by the designer/team behind the case, not much so a 'community consensus' by first impression of reading it, just imho, no offense!
Why does everyone need to be so pedantic, ive noticed this a lot recently. Everyone is getting just a little bit hostile towards everybody. I understand everyone likes correcting each other but come on, also whenever people start arguing the actual question or problem never gets answered.

@dream3 obviously their is no "official" antennas however i noticed @fabio using some pretty cool looking antennas. You may need to ask fabio himself if their any good however he seems like a pretty competent builder so id imagine they work well.Their not 5ghz antennas but i dont know how much that will affect things, if all else fails just use the antennas that came with your motherboard

Heres Fabios build, scroll down a bit for the picture of the antenna

Heres the antennas used, if you read a little on after the post they discuss the price is for a single antenna so you need to buy two.

Last edited:

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Heres the antennas used, if you read a little on after the post they discuss the price is for a single antenna so you need to buy two.
[/QUOTE]

I got 2 of those and ended up just using the external antenna included with my ASUS board. If the router is next to you, then it should be fine, but mine is in another room and speed was pretty bad. Makes sense since they’re so small.

Since I don’t like the Asus antenna on the desk, I placed it on a metal part under the desk (it’s magnetic) and have great signal and speed.

Reactions: ciaran clare

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
any thoughts on @Navic 's comment about them?

Yeah they are built for drones, not computers. There is nothing to think about it.

If you order them, it is at your own risk and any problems you run into are not the responsibility of anyone here and any damage related to those antennas are your own fault.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Do we have a comprehensive list of pumps that fit 2vs3slot mode and the relevant benchmarks like noise, flow rates, temps etc? I know we have the following sheet for rads [which i just realized has the tx240 as a NO despite @DrHudacris telling me its a yes, hmmmm].

Just trying to slowly piece my build together without actually knowing much about what I'm doing custom loop wise.

Last edited:

F7IN

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
It's here ?
Unfortunately I realise I've left my IO shield and the AIO backplate at my term time address, so I'll have to transport my rig in its testbed state one more time

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Do we have a comprehensive list of pumps that fit 2vs3slot mode and the relevant benchmarks like noise, flow rates, temps etc? I know we have the following sheet for rads [which i just realized has the tx240 as a NO despite @DrHudacris telling me its a yes, hmmmm].

Just trying to slowly piece my build together without actually knowing much about what I'm doing custom loop wise.

TX is an asterisk, it can't go against panel, must be spaced away from the top panel either with a set of fans or using the short bracket to keep it closer to the motherboard than panel.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
2020-08-25: E-White T1 and Chrome Mesh Side Panels FTW!

We just paired the E-White T1 with Chrome Mesh Panel for fun and it looks surprisingly good.

Please make this an option on the next drop and i'll finally order one.

TX is an asterisk, it can't go against panel, must be spaced away from the top panel either with a set of fans or using the short bracket to keep it closer to the motherboard than panel.
Ah ok, gotcha. I can go ahead and order the tx then too. Thanks!

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
2020-08-25: E-White T1 and Chrome Mesh Side Panels FTW!

We just paired the E-White T1 with Chrome Mesh Panel for fun and it looks surprisingly good.

Are tolerances on panels tighter with E-White like it is even with Cerakote?

My case definitely demonstrates that T1's tolerances are so tight that even as thin as Cerakote is, some of the joints rub off (specifically the two front panel pieces, and where the top and bottom panels fit into the front panel). Certainly not a problem for my needs, since that's all internal anyhow so I don't care. But very interesting to see! And I thought my Ghost S1 had tight fits, hah

EDIT: OH and that chrome mesh <3

Last edited:

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
Yeah they are built for drones, not computers. There is nothing to think about it
just curious- where is yours/@Navic's evidence of this?

i ask because there's nothing on the product page that mentions they are built for drones (but rather wifi adapters, routers, and devices), and some of the applications mentioned (bluetooth, zigbee) are also poor choices to use with drones. all examples of people using the product back when i bought them were with wireless equipment, and any site offering them lists them in the wireless/wifi antenna section instead of the drone antenna section.

i feel like this is the case where someone said something potentially incorrect, and now it's being passed around as fact. as someone that actually owns/uses the antennas though, i'd prefer to have a real answer from someone that actually has a technical understanding of the "drone antenna" issue and whether or not it's a problem with these.