Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
@gwertheim @Wahaha360

Found an issue with my unit.

The GPU bracket is too low and doesn’t sit flush with the GPU’s bracket. This also causes the locking bracket to be too high.
My GPU is an R9 290X. I tried another GP (R9 295X2) and it also has the same issue.
I tried readjusting the PCIE cable and the PCIE bracket and it didn’t help.

Can you please send an email to support@formdworks.com along with the pic and the problem.

Thx

Reactions: JRey

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
It is! You see? Because is EXACLTY wide like the max dimension of the T1 (133mm) It makes pressure on the side panel, letting them bulge a bit in the center.

If you know any woodworkers/furniture makers near you, it would take about 10 minutes to sand 1mm off each side.

• Love
Reactions: fabio

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
The temps are 2/3C better than the TX240. Both the coolant and the CPU, and also the GPU stay 2C lower.
why do you have to make my TX240 look bad, I just got them yesterday ? now I'm gonna have to embrace the bulge and put 3 A12x25 on that rad now haha
jokes aside, how's the bitspower pump top working out? will you go back to the DC-LT combo later? Yes/No and why please?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
why do you have to make my TX240 look bad, I just got them yesterday ? now I'm gonna have to embrace the bulge and put 3 A12x25 on that rad now haha
jokes aside, how's the bitspower pump top working out? will you go back to the DC-LT combo later? Yes/No and why please?
Nope, I am happy with the actual setup! I will not go back to the DC-LT for now. If the new GPUs are a bit longer maybe I will, but I love my setup now!

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Nope, I am happy with the actual setup! I will not go back to the DC-LT for now. If the new GPUs are a bit longer maybe I will, but I love my setup now!
very true! though by that point I hope either the FreeFlow or the distroplate is out already haha

You know me..if 2 fans fit, 3 is better! It's the American way!
more is better - I studied Econ as my major and I approve!

• Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
@gwertheim @Wahaha360

Found an issue with my unit.

The GPU bracket is too low and doesn’t sit flush with the GPU’s bracket. This also causes the locking bracket to be too high.
My GPU is an R9 290X. I tried another GP (R9 295X2) and it also has the same issue.
I tried readjusting the PCIE cable and the PCIE bracket and it didn’t help.

Hmm, this will be everyone problem? because CNC machine working with pattern, they made same items in single plate aluminium. CMIIW

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Here the temps after 25 minutes of Blender rendering, all cores overclocked to 4.3GHz and 1.275V for Vcore.
View attachment 687

This is great! Were you using noctua Slim's or the Kaze flex? I think Kaze given the RPM at 99% PWM?

Last question @fabio: if you can take caliber measurement of kaze flex slim without pads vs noctua slim without pads, I'll rebuild my loop ?

Reactions: pwnedundies

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Hmm, this will be everyone problem? because CNC machine working with pattern, they made same items in single plate aluminium. CMIIW
It could be the bracket. Bracket is not CNC. This was one of the issues that was being fixed for V1.1

Edit: Looking at the pics more carefully, it looks like it might be easily resolved with an adjustment in the GPU and/or PCIe riser. Other users in V1.1 have not had this issue afaik.

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
This is great! Were you using noctua Slim's or the Kaze flex? I think Kaze given the RPM at 99% PWM?

Last question @fabio: if you can take caliber measurement of kaze flex slim without pads vs noctua slim without pads, I'll rebuild my loop ?
I am using the Noctuas actually! I did it for you! ? (The reading is because I didn't change the MAX rpm to show in the widget ? )
Ok, as soon as I can I will give you the thickness of both with a caliper

• Love

Chaca

Caliper Novice
Mar 23, 2020
Does anyone have experience with both versions of the DC-LT pump? Mainly on whether the 3600 version is reccommended at all over the quieter 2600 version.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

SO, the Noctuas I have , are almost everywhere 15,30mm thick.
The Kaze Flex, 14,9 in the center and 14,8 at the corners!
The Kaze Flex structure is also less rigid!

• Love