Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
Sorry, should have been more precise there: I was talking about the 1800 rpm (+- 10%) cap for the Scythe Kaze Flex slim. Any drawbacks in your opinion compared to the 2000 rpm maximum of the Noctuas?

I was actually just trying to find a reason (other than the sleek chromax look) to convince myself to wait and get the noctuas lol.

Looking at Amazon price histories (sidenote, could not recommend 3camels browser extension enough) the noctua nf-a12x15 pwm chromax seems to have gone out of stock in early March. At least in Canada.

Any alternate sellers for a reasonable price?

I ordered mine from UK and it arrived very quickly considering it was backordered (no tracking so I don't know exactly how long it took, maybe a week). However, it is in stock now. They will ship on Monday according to the site. It was my first time ordering from them: https://www.quietpc.com/nf-a12x15-pwm-ch-bk-s

Last edited:

madnessantipathy

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 2, 2020
Hello everyone, fresh lurker here, drawn in from Optimum Tech's coverage of this beautiful and simple design of a SFF case. I'm looking to downsize my system coming from a haf x 942 so you could consider me very new at handling SFF cases.

I have a question with regards to the use of rear m2 slots on motherboards with this case. Would anyone be able to advise if the standoffs that connect the motherboard to the spine be sufficient to accommodate the use of such m2 nvme cards? Specifically, an Asus ROG Strix B450-i.

Many thanks in advance!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hello everyone, fresh lurker here, drawn in from Optimum Tech's coverage of this beautiful and simple design of a SFF case. I'm looking to downsize my system coming from a haf x 942 so you could consider me very new at handling SFF cases.

I have a question with regards to the use of rear m2 slots on motherboards with this case. Would anyone be able to advise if the standoffs that connect the motherboard to the spine be sufficient to accommodate the use of such m2 nvme cards? Specifically, an Asus ROG Strix B450-i.

Many thanks in advance!
I think, ALL of the NEW people with this comments, should not receive any answer.

CMON!! the comments BEFORE your, have everything!!.

I hate this behavior!

YOU have to go though the entire thread, no matter what the length of the thread is!

Reading ALL the posts until you will find your answer. If there isn’t, THEN you can use the search button. AFTER this steps, you can ask!!

And if you will complain about the length of this thread, well, it’s you and people like you fault, with this popping in and asking things already discussed and SHOWED!

I really ask to the people active for real in this thread to seriously STOP answering to this posts. It makes only more painful to go trough it.

Last edited:

madnessantipathy

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 2, 2020
I think, ALL of the NEW people with this comments, should not receive any answer.

CMON!! the comments BEFORE your, have everything!!.

I hate this behavior!

YOU have to go though the entire thread, no matter what the length of the thread is!

Reading ALL the posts until you will find your answer. If there isn’t, THEN you ask.

And if you will complain about the length of this thread, well, it’s you and people like you fault, with this popping in and asking things already discussed and SHOWED!

I really ask to the people active for real in this thread to seriously STOP answering to this posts. It makes only more painful to go trough it.

I'm very sorry for my disrespectful behavior. I will read through the threads and source my answer. Thank you for your response nonetheless. It is a much needed wake-up call for me.

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
I'm very sorry for my disrespectful behavior. I will read through the threads and source my answer. Thank you for your response nonetheless. It is a much needed wake-up call for me.
I don't think asking a question is disrespectful, I find established members snapping at newcomers to be more disrespectful. I used the search feature against this thread to find "rear m.2" or "rear ssd" and didn't get any matches. Perhaps you'd like to post a link to the relevant post in the thread as opposed to responding rudely @fabio ?

madnessantipathy

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 2, 2020
I don't think asking a question is disrespectful, I find established members snapping at newcomers to be more disrespectful. I used the search feature against this thread to find "rear m.2" or "rear ssd" and didn't get any matches. Perhaps you'd like to post a link to the relevant post in the thread as opposed to responding rudely @fabio ?

Hi Speedster, thanks for replying. To be objective, @fabio was right in calling me out on this behaviour where i did not do a proper search. Since then, I did do some searches but like you, I could not find any definitive answers. So I followed his build in the build section and saw that he did indeed use a m.2 on his rear board although it was a Gigabyte x-570i, the rear plate appears to have been removed. thus i inferred that if it could fit in that arrangement, it should be fine for the asus rog strix b450-i although at this point, it is based on my inference.

I believe Fabio had good intentions for the forum which was why I harbor no animosity towards his response. Have a good day everyone. This case is definitely on my list.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Oh boy, people really don’t understand.

BTW, the page BEFORE THIS has all the links I should post.

You see, it’s just laziness, and it’s exhausting after 300 pages. it’s not to be rude, It’s to be honest and teach you how to use the forum resources and tool.

This Netflix/Amazon era have make you guys want to want and have everything sooner as possible with zero effort.

I will not write anymore this OFF TOPIC post. Sorry to be out of context.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Any links to the EK 240mm AIO build? I've had a read through that build list and cannot find it.

Hi, you can find arround 270-290 pages, little bit tricky.. I already bought EKWB 240 AIO D RGB. I think the fan will be not support, since 42mm clearance for AIO. You can see @threestripevida post for your help. @Wahaha360 already give update for AIO Compatible for T1, if you want to try another AIO model better you have T1 1st rather than buy another AIO.

Question is good, but repeat question will make this thread boring, consider senior member being harsh since OOT post is more than 30 pages and it make forum with small database hardly to open. To be honest this things happen to me.
--
I'm not a builder like @fabio or another builder in this forum, but since there is announcement from thread owner better patient waiting for open orders. If T1 belongs to you, that good but if not, the world not gonna ends isn't?
--
Please do not reply my post. Ty

Last edited:
Reactions: fabio

Chaca

Caliper Novice
Mar 23, 2020
Has anyone tried painting the T1?

Would home painting affect the temp performance too much because of the mesh being slightly less "open", and thermal conductivity being potentially less?
I am thinking it would be extremely minor, maybe someone on here knows a bit more than my pure guesswork ?

Tiddles

Cable Smoosher
Mar 24, 2020
Oh boy, people really don’t understand.

BTW, the page BEFORE THIS has all the links I should post.

You see, it’s just laziness, and it’s exhausting after 300 pages. it’s not to be rude, It’s to be honest and teach you how to use the forum resources and tool.

This Netflix/Amazon era have make you guys want to want and have everything sooner as possible with zero effort.

I will not write anymore this OFF TOPIC post. Sorry to be out of context.

The reality is that a 300 page forum is *TERRIBLE* for knowledge translation.

You're being angry at new people when it's a failure of the thread/forum format to succinctly summarize information. You're asking people to sort through over a year of noise to find nuggets of useful information, and then calling them lazy when that obviously ends in failure. I'm an academic which (unfortunately) means I'm well versed in searching obtuse depositories to collect hundreds of vaguely useful and boring publications to try to find some nuggets of gold...and even then this thread and its tools are daunting and not comprehensive.

That is nobody's fault. I think Wahaha360 and everybody else has done an admirable job in trying to hold this thread together, but a SINGLE thread is an extremely limited environment for this kind of thing.

I get it, you're frustrated, but your frustration is misdirected. Wahaha360's move to create a subreddit was a smart move as now we can have MULTIPLE threads to cover questions and issues instead of one onerous source of information.

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
that's why there is the following to ease the search for information in this thread:
  1. The serachbar on top (you can also only [even advanced] search this thread, if someone didn't know), what feels like nobody uses before asking a question.
  2. a link sheet with information on builds and more: https://docs.google.com/document/d/166eT2CxrQ0gFtBS7PrshQgek469_Vnd2uQ3zvroepiA/edit?usp=drivesdk
  3. a reddit subforum to filter the noise even more https://www.reddit.com/r/FormD/
I totally get the frustration on both sides, but especially the "reserving a spot spam" endlessly crowds this thread.
It's totally legit if someone couldn't find needed information and asks in here. But the same questions keep coming over and over again.
Maybe someone (@Wahaha360 ?) should pin a little reminder to the top on how to crawl the thread and find information on the case.
This could sort things out imo.

Perhaps you'd like to post a link to the relevant post in the thread as opposed to responding rudely @fabio ?
I'm an academic which (unfortunately) means I'm well versed in searching obtuse depositories to collect hundreds of vaguely useful and boring publications to try to find some nuggets of gold...and even then this thread and its tools are daunting and not comprehensive.

Here you go. It took me 30sec to find this post, including "setting up" the search.
I basically got rid of the motherboard tray design for M.2 mounting ?, I use 2x M.2 myself.

There are 10.5mm from GPU PCB (not including) to back of Mobo. You can use taller Mobo standoff to increase this gap.

Last edited:

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020

I think put this link on the first page of this forum

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Has anyone tried painting the T1?

Would home painting affect the temp performance too much because of the mesh being slightly less "open", and thermal conductivity being potentially less?
I am thinking it would be extremely minor, maybe someone on here knows a bit more than my pure guesswork ?

Painting would affect alot of trial and error by the creator of the case to get the best paint job possible. It's your case and it won't affect the temps

Reactions: Chaca

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
The reality is that a 300 page forum is *TERRIBLE* for knowledge translation.

You're being angry at new people when it's a failure of the thread/forum format to succinctly summarize information. You're asking people to sort through over a year of noise to find nuggets of useful information, and then calling them lazy when that obviously ends in failure. I'm an academic which (unfortunately) means I'm well versed in searching obtuse depositories to collect hundreds of vaguely useful and boring publications to try to find some nuggets of gold...and even then this thread and its tools are daunting and not comprehensive.

That is nobody's fault. I think Wahaha360 and everybody else has done an admirable job in trying to hold this thread together, but a SINGLE thread is an extremely limited environment for this kind of thing.

I get it, you're frustrated, but your frustration is misdirected. Wahaha360's move to create a subreddit was a smart move as now we can have MULTIPLE threads to cover questions and issues instead of one onerous source of information.

Very interesting to make this argument when I could find the question's answer by searching "clearance" within this thread, and posts by @Wahaha360 . You see why @fabio and others get frustrated? It's the second item on the first search page.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
So I thought I'd make a post about dust and the T1. For context I live in a very windy and dusty part of Texas, and I have 3 dogs. Here are the images. The camera makes it look a lot worse than it actually is, so keep that in mind. You can also see that the mesh does help a lot with airflow, as the fans are sucking in air through the panels where there are no fans at about the same rate as to where there are fans, like where the PSU is.

The T1 does a good job filtering out dust, but a lot of finer particles do get through. Hair and other types of small particles have a hard time getting through. Some of the dust that gets through builds up on the components, but nothing dramatic. I also noticed that dust builds up on the inside of the holes of the top panel where the exhausts. I don't have a picture to show this because I cleaned it out already, but with the black coating it is easy to see the dust build up in the holes. This is the best that I can do to show you what I mean.

This is about what I expected, as the side panels aren't like traditional dust filters. Plus, this is kinda an extreme test because I do live in a very windy part of Texas, so a lot of dust gets inside the house, combine that with 3 dogs and carpet, and a the PC will take in a lot of dust.

So, like with every SFF PC (and any PC for that matter), spend some time cleaning it out every month or so, so the dust doesn't build up too much. This case is especially easy to clean as well.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
So I thought I'd make a post about dust and the T1. For context I live in a very windy and dusty part of Texas, and I have 3 dogs. Here are the images. The camera makes it look a lot worse than it actually is, so keep that in mind. You can also see that the mesh does help a lot with airflow, as the fans are sucking in air through the panels where there are no fans at about the same rate as to where there are fans, like where the PSU is.

The T1 does a good job filtering out dust, but a lot of finer particles do get through. Hair and other types of small particles have a hard time getting through. Some of the dust that gets through builds up on the components, but nothing dramatic. I also noticed that dust builds up on the inside of the holes of the top panel where the exhausts. I don't have a picture to show this because I cleaned it out already, but with the black coating it is easy to see the dust build up in the holes. This is the best that I can do to show you what I mean.

This is about what I expected, as the side panels aren't like traditional dust filters. Plus, this is kinda an extreme test because I do live in a very windy part of Texas, so a lot of dust gets inside the house, combine that with 3 dogs and carpet, and a the PC will take in a lot of dust.

So, like with every SFF PC (and any PC for that matter), spend some time cleaning it out every month or so, so the dust doesn't build up too much. This case is especially easy to clean as well.

This is a good information for me, since i live in mining area (a town with so many coal mining --" ) so dust will be collecting more often in dry season. Since point of interest T1 in their side panels (for me) and become natural for filtering out dust. it nice to know easy to clean, thank you.

Tiddles

Cable Smoosher
Mar 24, 2020
Very interesting to make this argument when I could find the question's answer by searching "clearance" within this thread, and posts by @Wahaha360 . You see why @fabio and others get frustrated? It's the second item on the first search page.

That is not my point.

I 100% understand the frustration on both sides and it is valid to feel it. My argument is that the way information is conveyed in a single thread is not efficient nor intuitive. You may have an intuitive understanding of how forums work and how to efficiently search using the correct terminology, but you cannot assume that all people will have that same degree of intuition when using the tools of this website (or with basic functionality of a forum in general).

This thread is awkward to sort through but, again, that is no fault of anybody. A single thread is not a good way to convey information and I applaud the work already done to help ease people in.

Making a blanket statement that new people are lazy does not help resolve the problem. It also skirts the issue that, if there is a recurrent problem with people making spammy posts or are repeatedly asking the same questions, then it's a problem with presentation and the conveyance of information. This is why things like UX development is so notoriously difficult.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
That is not my point.

I 100% understand the frustration on both sides and it is valid to feel it. My argument is that the way information is conveyed in a single thread is not efficient nor intuitive. You may have an intuitive understanding of how forums work and how to efficiently search using the correct terminology, but you cannot assume that all people will have that same degree of intuition when using the tools of this website (or with basic functionality of a forum in general).

This thread is awkward to sort through but, again, that is no fault of anybody. A single thread is not a good way to convey information and I applaud the work already done to help ease people in.

Making a blanket statement that new people are lazy does not help resolve the problem. It also skirts the issue that, if there is a recurrent problem with people making spammy posts or are repeatedly asking the same questions, then it's a problem with presentation and the conveyance of information. This is why things like UX development is so notoriously difficult.

Something like a subreddit would be nicer, I agree, with multiple threads. But even a subreddit when large enough can be plagued with repeat posts by newcomers and novices who don't search and want spoon-fed information. Even the best, most perfect UX, something better than reddit or anything you imagine, there will be people that would rather ask the question than seek it out.

Is it too much to ask to first make an effort?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Something like a subreddit would be nicer, I agree, with multiple threads. But even a subreddit when large enough can be plagued with repeat posts by newcomers and novices who don't search and want spoon-fed information. Even the best, most perfect UX, something better than reddit or anything you imagine, there will be people that would rather ask the question than seek it out.

Is it too much to ask to first make an effort?

We are working on it but there are alot of moving pieces. @fabio is the most experienced person who has the case and working on the subreddit.

It isn't perfect but for now this is what we have to work with.