Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
since im bored: i saw further up koolances tiny fittings were 22mm tall and wondered, though i'd never do it myself: watercooled ram?!?!?!?! plopped alphacools models into fusion (not sure on ek) aaand

68mm from the bottom of those heat spreaders, which seem to go pretty far down on the dimms. I cant remember the cpu height vs ram height difference off the top of my head, but maybe some of those crazy full loop people would like to have this idea in their heads :)

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
since im bored: i saw further up koolances tiny fittings were 22mm tall and wondered, though i'd never do it myself: watercooled ram?!?!?!?! plopped alphacools models into fusion (not sure on ek) aaand

68mm from the bottom of those heat spreaders, which seem to go pretty far down on the dimms. I cant remember the cpu height vs ram height difference off the top of my head, but maybe some of those crazy full loop people would like to have this idea in their heads :)

Oof 68mm...from bottom of the heatspreader and not the DIMM itself... Let's be generous and add 5mm just for the gold contacts, 73mm. Cooler height limit of 70mm + 5 mm (difference in clearance between DIMM and CPU cooler heights) gives 75mm clearance for these. And that's being generous! This also doesn't account for compression fittings thickness that will attach to koolance 90 degree fittings.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
@pslate has all that covered

Please don’t take this the wrong way but I think they are a quite different options, both with there own merits.

The pslate cables are beautiful and are the perfect length, but the M2427 is a completely different solution, both in terms of functionality and in my view most importantly cable bulk.

For me one of the great things about this sff community is the options and variety that all the vendors and user feedback offer. There is more than one way of getting a great build.

?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Oof 68mm...from bottom of the heatspreader and not the DIMM itself... Let's be generous and add 5mm just for the gold contacts, 73mm. Cooler height limit of 70mm + 5 mm (difference in clearance between DIMM and CPU cooler heights) gives 75mm clearance for these. And that's being generous! This also doesn't account for compression fittings thickness that will attach to koolance 90 degree fittings.

Hmm, what about if we went with VLP ram. ?

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
Or you can put a note on the order and ask for the flipped orientation

I did this when I placed my order. We'll see what happens. If is an issue with being able to order it flipped I would expect pslate to update here, but if that doesn't happen, I will.

0Zx

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Please don’t take this the wrong way but I think they are a quite different options, both with there own merits.

The pslate cables are beautiful and are the perfect length, but the M2427 is a completely different solution, both in terms of functionality and in my view most importantly cable bulk.

For me one of the great things about this sff community is the options and variety that all the vendors and user feedback offer. There is more than one way of getting a great build.

?

To each their own

Reactions: Cronos83

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
And for the VLP even more! ? Why the RAM should be watercooled? ?
exactly why i said i'd never do it ? though i have heard some ram like b die is quite temperature sensitive at high oc's - i imagine that the t1 is open enough though - i bet ram is only a problem in cases with bad airflow design/hotboxes. certainly never watercool vlp- its 99% crap-tier bin.

Reactions: Goatee

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Same lol. If I don’t get the case it won’t be the end of the world. I can find a use for the cables in some other case if they happen to be the right length, or I’ll sell them to someone who does get a T1 and didn’t get to order some cables.
Don't give up bro, patient will be good for us.. :D

Hoanglh94

Efficiency Noob
Apr 18, 2020
Has anyone put an EVGA Hybrid in this case? Does it fit? Or else Imma start planning on swapping my 2080S Hybrid for a air cooled one :-/