Production FormD-T1 (aka Sidearmd), READ FIRST POST

SoSquidTaste

Average Stuffer
Feb 26, 2018
Can you do it? Yes. Will you regret it? Possibly.

With a tube run that short, if it were straight, then it wouldn't make a difference. But the outlet of the pump/res and the inlet of the radiator isn't going to be perfectly aligned (at least I haven't come across a radiator with perfect alignment that also allows the under PSU fan spot to be open). So you'll end up having to space the pump/res further from the radiator, potentially causing conflict with the top panel or you have such tight bends in the tube that you kink them or have the pump/res stick out the side.
Ah, I forgot about the alignment of that res-pump unit where the inlet and outlet ports aren't coaxial with one another. That makes sense. Thanks Huda!

Question: You're still on a TX240, right? I forget if you were ever on the DC-LT 40 as well though. If so, do you happen to remember the fittings to build that extender run?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Ah, I forgot about the alignment of that res-pump unit where the inlet and outlet ports aren't coaxial with one another. That makes sense. Thanks Huda!

Question: You're still on a TX240, right? I forget if you were ever on the DC-LT 40 as well though. If so, do you happen to remember the fittings to build that extender run?
I am using the 1U ES DDC res. With the TX240 you need 2x offset fittings (bitspower across and barrow makes them too) and 1 rotary male to male connector. Right now, I am switching to bitspower leviathan, and for that the same fittings will work also, but just barely. I think a dual rotary 90 degree fitting would work better.

These likely don't perform well but I found these 17mm thin radiators if anyone is interested.

Taobao shop
Very interesting! This could've been automatic end game radiator if it didn't have such low FPI and what looks like very few water tubes...this paired with 2x A12x25 with basically a thinner TX240 would easily beat any other combo, I would bet.

Edit: I still want one 😅

Last edited:

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
Bronze Supporter
May 15, 2020
So no one who has their case yet has tried the LT Solo on the X570 strix yet to save me the trouble when i can finally place an order for this case haha?

side note my TX240 rad shipped yesterday, so i should have all parts required waiting for the ability to actually get a case soon :)

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Got the 25mm-thick Coolworld 240 radiator w/ fill port in. Top (closest to camera) is Coolworld, bottom is LT240-

And for those that orient the radiator in the traditional layout (tubing ports underneath the PSU), the fill port does appear to line up very well with the hole in the back of the case if you mount the fan between the radiator and motherboard. I believe W360 has the radiator (or posted pics of it previously), so he might be able to verify it.
That is very interesting.

Would be pretty cool to plumb up to that thread for ease of filling/draining. Could you take a photo?

Reactions: DrHudacris

stanleyguan

Caliper Novice
Jun 18, 2020
  • Wow
Reactions: DrHudacris

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Gold Supporter
Nov 27, 2017
DDC 1t plus PMW!
Thx I tried reading through thread again and finally found it about an hour after I posted that comment.

What is your second choice? It seems that ppcs doesn't ship to Canada right now and I can't find it anywhere else :(

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Way Wielder
Gold Supporter
Apr 6, 2016
Thx I tried reading through thread again and finally found it about an hour after I posted that comment.

What is your second choice? It seems that ppcs doesn't ship to Canada right now and I can't find it anywhere else :(
Then, the second choice is the EKWB 3.25. But keep it at low speed, between 20 and 40 max!

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
I found out today on reddit that this case only supports the L12S on one direction. So if you use the case flipped then the CPU cooler will be bad positioned according to what noctua recommends.

I’ve been trying to find opinions about this but didn’t find much, so I’m asking just in case anyone knows if it is better having the case flipped despite this or having it defaultwith the good position of the L12S but the case fans on the bottom.
I'm using L12S on Aorus x570 wit pipes in horizontal position so it's the same with flipped as normal.
But right now I'm space limited so it's vertical and L12S is positiones 'incorectly'/pipes bending at the top and not seeing much temp difference, except that we're having hot summer, high ambient.

Reactions: carlosjtacon

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Gold Supporter
Nov 27, 2017
What's the difference between 1T Plus and the 3.25? My guess is 1T Plus has lower RPM, thus lower power consumption and noise?

For reference, Alphacool puts up this picture on their product page:
It has the fabio stamp of approval of course. Companies have to jump through hoops, spend thousands on bribes and sabotage the competition.