Concept External “deskmate” radiator with integrated reservoir

nyxtom

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 5, 2018
So I’ve been toying around with an idea/design for a simple 240mm external radiator. The goal would be an anodized black matte aluminum case, custom integrated acrylic reservoir block, ddc pump, 240mm slim radiator, room for 2 25mm 120mm fans.

Why so small? Well I’m hoping to have something really simple, lightweight and small enough that it basically blends in as the size of a book when it sits on the desk.

If you have the S4M, this could be an ideal “desk mate” for an external water cooled build that isn’t an insane size like the alphacool eiswand, but is enough to cool a decent sized cpu.

Additionally, I can make one without the reservoir that way you can have a few next to each other; one for the cpu and another for the gpu. Custom skins, wood trim, engravings, rgb..

This is more in the idea stage, but I personally want something like this because the only other option for a fully integrated solution is something like the alphacool eiswand (which is too massive for my needs).

Thoughts? Ideas? Requests? I can put something together in sketchup to get it going.

Reactions: Bjornyyy

Bjornyyy

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2017
This is an amazing concept, especially for the S4M. If you need inspiration i recommend taking a look at P S Y C H E D E L I C by Matias Petersen, it's a thread in build logs.

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
This is an amazing concept, especially for the S4M. If you need inspiration i recommend taking a look at P S Y C H E D E L I C by Matias Petersen, it's a thread in build logs.
Thanks for the mention haha!

Yeah, sure, take all the inspiration you need! PM me if you have any questions... or simply ask on the build log.

Thank you for reminding me too, Bjornyyy, I'd completely forgotten about the build log... should probably update it o_O

Edit: Link to the build log if you haven't seen it and don't know what Bjornyyy is talking about :)
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/p-s-y-c-h-e-d-e-l-i-c.9532/

Last edited:
Reactions: Bjornyyy