Chinese motherboard manufacturer (尔英) ErYing has released a “Fantasy” series motherboard featuring Intel 12th generation Alder Lake CPU’s, except it’s not what you might think.  The CPU’s available are mobile variants with a 45W base TDP and soldered to the motherboard.  It looks like it can use a standard intel cooler mount however, and might make for some interesting SFF builds.  While they offer both ITX and mATX boards, the ITX is the most interesting for SFF.  Currently on Chinese retailer JD.com, the board is listed (but not yet available) in 3 CPU variants.  Prices and specs are listed below.

SKU
P Cores
E Cores
Clock
iGPU EU’s
Base TDP
Turbo TDP
Price

i7 12700H
2.3-4.7ghz
45W
115W
1899¥
($276.50)

i7 12650H
2.3-4.7ghz
45W
115W
1799¥...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
A Brazilian youtuber also reviewed this board (in Portuguese):

According to him, the build quality is night and day compared to the previous mATX one, he claims this one is much better
If that is the case, it's good news and ErYing have learned from the last gen

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I looked into getting one fleetingly, but have been led elsewhere with a deal on a Gigabyte Z590i Vision D / i5 11400F combo.
You know, the kind of deal that is too good to turn down...and if you do you'll wake up one morning with a horse's head next to you 😉

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Any further developments, about to pull the trigger…
Very little updates from me (or rather, an further explaination of my earlier cinebench run). other than changing a cooler, and now waiting for another IS-55 to come, and then getting my wifi card into the board.

On that note, Thermalright's AXP90 series don't fit with the board. It comes in contact with some caps and doesn't make contact with the heatspreader.

Repasted the die with TF9 and changed the cooler back to the IS-47-XT, but with a 25mm thick fan.

Cinebench scores increase from the previous 14686 to 16982, after changing coolers. Temperatures still whack up to 100C for some P-Cores, at 95W stable throughout the whole run.

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
I'm close to pulling the trigger as well but would first like to know if the PCIe slot will still run x8 even if all 3 m.2 slots are used. Does anyone know?

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Having to get a cooler for 1700 is a bit of a shock after so many years of compatibility with 115x / 1200!

Hope it doesn't bake in your Mjolnir, otherwise you may have to roll out the Big560...

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Having to get a cooler for 1700 is a bit of a shock after so many years of compatibility with 115x / 1200!

Hope it doesn't bake in your Mjolnir, otherwise you may have to roll out the Big560...

1st world problems!

I actually have two b560’s, a production two tone that’s been my daily driver (and in my profile pic) and one of the preprod unpainted versions.

I’m doing this build for for one of my friends, so he is getting given my moljnir case from me for his 40th. His brother is footing the bill for the components.

Reactions: Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Nice present! Mjolnir getting used and going to a good home,result...
2 560s? Nice, my DIY one has 2 sets of panels but is currently in storage.
I'd like to push the boundaries with it at some point and see if it can be configured as an ATX build for maximum cramming.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Small update:

Installed the IS-55 on the board, found out that my Erying doesn't like Adata RAMs, all 4 sticks (normal height & VLP rams) don't work with the board.

Temperatures at idle are better then the IS-47XT, while Cinebench results also increased by a little, while PL1 still maintains at 95W, although some of the P-Cores still love to go to 100C, during the tests.

shhan9088

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2021
That is pretty cool, about the price of a 12900k alone.
But about the performance of a 13500, which really is alright i guess...
Although I would like to see how well it will OC, or rather if can even OC. Since this is a weird mashup of a motherboard I wouldn't be suprised if there are issues.

Reactions: rfarmer

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
The board doesn't have sensors for the VRMs actually. HWinfo can't seem to find them if any, or I might be blind.

Would probably check it again.

If anything, as this board is a cut down version of Maxsun's H610I, it wasn't reviewed terribably actually by users in China.

Edit:

Actually there are more than a few videos on Bilibili that have reviewed the 12700H.

I guess I am really thermal limiting myself here, where this user ran it at 100W and got cinebench results close to a desktop 12700k.

Here is another review on a 12700H. 12700H Review I purchased a 12900HK and have no interest in gaming on this for my build but I still have a question, maybe someone could answer, The bios shows CNvi support, and mine came with a Stainless M.2 WIFI can. I installed a non-CNvi AX2xx which does not show in the bios, I am wondering if CNvi support is there or bogus, even though the processor should support it, although, it being a sample, that function could be on or off.

Reactions: Arboreal