Chinese motherboard manufacturer (尔英) ErYing has released a “Fantasy” series motherboard featuring Intel 12th generation Alder Lake CPU’s, except it’s not what you might think.  The CPU’s available are mobile variants with a 45W base TDP and soldered to the motherboard.  It looks like it can use a standard intel cooler mount however, and might make for some interesting SFF builds.  While they offer both ITX and mATX boards, the ITX is the most interesting for SFF.  Currently on Chinese retailer JD.com, the board is listed (but not yet available) in 3 CPU variants.  Prices and specs are listed below.

SKU
P Cores
E Cores
Clock
iGPU EU’s
Base TDP
Turbo TDP
Price

i7 12700H
2.3-4.7ghz
45W
115W
1899¥
($276.50)

i7 12650H
2.3-4.7ghz
45W
115W
1799¥...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Interesting to see they've added an ITX board, I also watched a couple of those YT reviews too.
Ironically, they're now more expensive on Aliexpress than they were... reducing some of the bargain potential that was inherent in them.
This isn't a new concept, one of the board manufacturers was pushing their 'mobile on desktop' cpu concept 10+ years ago.
These were socketed BTW, as was my first proper ITX board with a mobile Core Duo CPU from a server.

shhan9088

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2021
3 m.2 slots as well! Without the need for a massive stack.

Also does the the 12th gen mobile also support(?) infinite turbo?

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Guess what came in the mail for me today.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
That looks really neat, I only just noticed the unusual placement of the M.2 slot at the top of the board. That cooler really lifts the whole thing.
Waiting for results and what case you are putting it in over Easter. Enjoy the build!

Reactions: Neathdrawls

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
Very interesting, although price for me shows as 404€ which is double what says in the article.

@Neathdrawls How is the BIOS? Is PL1/PL2 possible to change easily?

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
Hahahah, shhhhhh.

12700H.

Although at the back of the box, it stated there's a 12900H variant too. Somewhere out there.

Did a quick test to see if it posts, and to build it in a case would be my Easter weekend activity!

also, what cooler layout does it take?

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Alright, just some preliminary answers first. No tests yet. No performance results.

Put in another M.2 and heatsink, to just make it look silly good how the m.2 heatsinks are as tall as the CPU cooler (ID Cooling IS-47-XT)

@Neathdrawls How is the BIOS? Is PL1/PL2 possible to change easily?

Yeah @Neathdrawls interesting board. Hows the bios and performance?

BIOS is rudimentary, compared to your other big 4 board manufacturers. It is similar to Maxsun's boards, which further leads me to believe that this is based of Maxsun's H610I and a custom BIOS for them. (Side note: Rem00's FanControl works with this board, and is able to detect the CPU Fan, if that matters to anyone, as my previous Maxsun boards, FanControl had some issues with them).

PL1/PL2, Turbo Mode(AC/DC Load Lines) are all configurable within BIOS. Like I mentioned, no tests and performance results.

My Adata 3200 RAM ran at the rated speed out of the box, no issues there. Not the fastest and tightest timings, but it was cheap.

also, what cooler layout does it take?
LGA 1700. The backplate that comes with the motherboard needs to be removed first, unless your cooler is those that screw into the stock backplate. The cooling plate and backplate are both mounted by the same 4 spring loaded screwes.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Did some tests over the weekend.

Cinebench R23 Scores: 16982
Temperatures for 4 P-Cores were in the 90C to 100C during the run.
P-Cores all cores were at 3.7 GHz, while E-Cores were at 2.8 GHz.

The board was able to sustain PL1 at default 95W throughout the whole Cinebench run.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
That sounds promising, if on the warm side...
What were the VRMs like at 95W?
The board doesn't have sensors for the VRMs actually. HWinfo can't seem to find them if any, or I might be blind.

Would probably check it again.

If anything, as this board is a cut down version of Maxsun's H610I, it wasn't reviewed terribably actually by users in China.

Edit:

Actually there are more than a few videos on Bilibili that have reviewed the 12700H.

I guess I am really thermal limiting myself here, where this user ran it at 100W and got cinebench results close to a desktop 12700k.

Last edited:

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017