News [TPU] ASUS Intros Prime H310T Motherboard (Thin ITX)

ASUS rolled out the Prime H310T, one of the rare few thin mini-ITX motherboards based on Intel 300-series chipset, a boon for certain SFF cases such as the Akasa Euler series, or DIY all-in-one PC upgrades. Based on Intel H310 chipset, the board supports 8th generation Intel "Coffee Lake" processors (including 95W TDP chips). It draws power from 2-pin (12V DC in), and conditions it for the LGA1151 processor using a simple 3+1 phase VRM. The CPU socket is wired to two DDR4 SO-DIMM slots, which support up to 32 GB of dual-channel DDR4-2666 memory.
https://www.techpowerup.com/244107/asus-intros-prime-h310t-motherboard

Oh boy! Even though it doesn't have a PCIe 4x slot it does have the M.2 4x slot so there are GPU options for us.

I'd love to snatch up one of those if only to be able to go 6-core in the future on Thin ITX.

QinX

Master of Cramming
Original poster
kees
Mar 2, 2015
@QinX If you haven't seen it already, should give this board a look too. Has some great features. https://www.asrock.com/ipc/overview.asp?Model=IMB-1212#Specification

Oh my! is this to the Thin ITX Spec, aside from the 16x slot?
It is preliminary at the moment, so it's not out yet.

I love that it can take 12V/19V~24V
I think looking at the VRM that it doesn't have support for the top-end CPUs, but this is a very interesting board as well, especially that 16x slot.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
That looks like a nice option for Thin ITX in addition to the one Gigabyte is supposed to launch this summer. 6 cores on that would be awesome.

Reactions: Jello

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
The ASRock board seems even more enticing, especially with that beefy (external) power connector used on more powerful power adapters.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Thanks @QinX ; Thin-ITX seems pretty resilient after all. Good news for our favorite form factor !

This generation looks pretty exciting indeed, as both boards accept 12V DC IN and Asrock implemented a full PCIe slot.
@ASRock System : can you please disclose the retail price of the IMB-1212 board ?

@AleksandarK usually Logic Supply and some German retailers carry B2B boards in Europe, at a premium though...

If only I had the money to buy a batch and sell a board / riser / PSU / thin cooler kit...

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

DarekLogic

Trash Compacter
Logic Supply
Jan 13, 2016
www.logicsupply.com
Just to followup, I spoke with our PM team and they indicated that neither the board OP mentioned or the ASRock board are products we will be stocking unless we were to receive a volume project proposal that spec'd them in. It is nice to see more thin mini-itx options hitting the market though.

Reactions: AleksandarK

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
Just to followup, I spoke with our PM team and they indicated that neither the board OP mentioned or the ASRock board are products we will be stocking unless we were to receive a volume project proposal that spec'd them in. It is nice to see more thin mini-itx options hitting the market though.
Shame.

Really hoped you guy's would have had them in stock

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Seems alive. Asus promised one sample for us in June. We will test it with our design with 6 cores i5.
@LUNA Design Any luck sourcing any of the new 300 series boards? I'd love to pick up one of the DNK-H cases for a friends build. I noticed the Asus PRIME H310T has started showing up in places like Newegg, currently for about $98.
Also, what depth 2.5" HDD does the case support? Would love to be able to jam a couple of 4TB drives in there.