Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
They mounted a rather small DDC unit under the PSU ...
I think phanteks has a slim DDC pump Res combo that can fit under the PSU cables. I'll link later.

I have an idea. If all this goes well, and the case is delivered, maybe I will hold a contest for the coolest custom water cooling rig. Backers and/or others can vote for the best rig. The highest or top 3 votes will get USD100 Amazon eGift card. I will post these rigs and their creators on my website and/or other reviewers sites.

Suggestions welcome.

uniqz

Cable Smoosher
Jun 7, 2018
I will add another option for 90mm height stack unit. Should be ok when launch in KS, backers pick which size they want. I plan to include 1 stack as a bundle. Will officially add this to the specification

But I have a question, can anyone suggest how I should accommodate for the reservoir and pump? 85mm rad is usually not AIO, which means that water block/pump/reservoir are separate? Space is certainly tight ;)

Where's the pump for this?

Something like this?

The Alphacool Eisbaer Solo you showed would also be an option, but it is 68mm high if I recall correctly, + the fittings of course so it probably doesn't fit. To be honest the best solution would be to simply double the size of the stacker unit, that way the pump could go half way into the stacker unit and the size would be the same as a case with two stacker units. Yet another solution for the pump would be the Fractal design Kelvin AiO, it is marketed as expandable so it should handle an additional water block and some more tubing without a problem. A reservoir could be deployed like in the build you showed or with a small tube reservoir next to the IO of the MB.

Reactions: macbosco

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
... A reservoir could be deployed like in the build you showed or with a small tube reservoir next to the IO of the MB.

I think, considering the space available of the case, it is possible to use a cpu water block/pump combo /w a thin profile reservoir

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
I think, considering the space available of the case, it is possible to use a cpu water block/pump combo /w a thin profile reservoir

Rofl that thing has been out of stock since 2016, sadly. I used to use a "t" fitting with a soft clear tube as a drain port and res (definition at the cost of beauty) for my scrap yard pc in university. I think that's the easy way out but I am older and allergic to yellow tubes now :/.

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
Yo guys any updates? I have a 30 dollar discount coupon expiring tmr... Thinking of throwing it at a radiator. Need a case first tho XD.

What's the max allowed radiator length btw?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Looks really good :) if you take a look at Radian you'll see I'm also a fan of the back-to-back design.

You're moving along much faster than I am though, so props! I like where you're innovating here. I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Update 16 Jun 2018

Prototyping 90% complete. Photos says it all I think. LoL just want to point out, these are not renders, I took the photos myself ;)

To do for next step:
  • In discussion with manufacturer on making die casts, costs, lead time etc. (estimate will take at least 1 month to make the necessary dies and tools
  • After dies and tools complete, a test run is planned of maybe around 20-50pcs, need to discuss with manufacturer, mostly black color for this batch, will use 4-5pcs for other color sampling
  • 3 colors planned at this stage, black + ? + ?, not going to be a concern until test run is complete
  • Tempered glass sampling - 3mm is max thickness due to design constraints
  • Accessories sourcing: custom pcb for power switch, custom power cable, feet cushion and magnetic tapes, any suggestions/recommendation of suppliers welcome
Anyone interested in first test run? I am thinking of some conditions that come with it. .e.g. post your own builds, an 'honest' review etc. Your suggestions and offer are welcome.

Photos of case with stack unit will be posted later. As I only have one prototype here, I need to dismantle and rebuild it with water cooling rad. Lots of work behind mate ;)

Last edited:

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Looks pretty damn good, nice job. Looks like the IO shield doesn't quite line up, were there any other fitment issues?
Yes about 1.5mm off, will adjust it when making the dies, will not do another prototype just for that. Costs the same as hand making the sample...
Fitting is a bit tight after powder coating (coloring), probably by 0.3-0.5mm. No big issue will adjust the relevant dimensions when making the die casts. Power coating is a bit thicker than anodizing, but probably better with scratches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
With rad, more photos tmr, I need to go watch the World Cup ;)

This sir, is a sexy price of work. I'm interested in the test run. As for the requirements... I think a pcpartpicker page and to report bugs should do.

Many indie cases takes upwards of 6 months to appear on the pcpartpicker compatibility checker.

ron095

Caliper Novice
May 28, 2018
Oof that's nice! Excited for the final product and potentially glass/acrylic panels!

Is the smaller stack still on the table, or will you just be offering one size for the time being?