Completed DSE Breathe - A 7.3L Vertical Format ITX Tower

Kallus

Caliper Novice
Feb 27, 2018
Hey, maybe it could fit something similar to what that guy running the mercury build is doing, where you have a pump monoblock and dual triple 80mm radiator along the edge of the case.

Reactions: rosinbole

adventurenby

Case Bender
Apr 14, 2018
I'm currently on pre-order for the Ghost S1. It's supposed to ship in May but having second thoughts considering the Breathe. Says this case is supposed to go on Sliger end of April but when will it ship? Looked through the forum thread but couldn't find it. How much is it? I'm in Canada. The Ghost is costing me $400 CAD. I prefer a more angular/sharp design like the Breathe's offering but I really want to start my build and stop using my dual core system haha. :D

Reactions: DSE

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
I'm currently on pre-order for the Ghost S1. It's supposed to ship in May but having second thoughts considering the Breathe. Says this case is supposed to go on Sliger end of April but when will it ship? Looked through the forum thread but couldn't find it. How much is it? I'm in Canada. The Ghost is costing me $400 CAD. I prefer a more angular/sharp design like the Breathe's offering but I really want to start my build and stop using my dual core system haha. :D
Not sure yet on when it will ship. Costs $175 USD before shipping.

Reactions: VegetableStu

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Just read the entire thread - all I can say is

I honestly fell fully in love with the longer cutouts, the circles just aren't doing it. Do you think it's possible to use this cases awesome modularity and allow multiple panel options on v2? Might be a bit late now :( Anyhow, looking forward to seeing the sliger page updated!

Last edited:

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
Just read the entire thread - all I can say is

I honestly fell fully in love with the longer cutouts, the circles just aren't doing it. Do you think it's possible to use this cases awesome modularity and allow multiple panel options on v2? Might be a bit late now :( Anyhow, looking forward to seeing the sliger page updated!
I might have something to say about this tomorrow.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
I might have something to say about this tomorrow.
Hoo, you've gotten me all hyped up! I'm ordering a dynatron 2011 narrow ilm cooler for now and heatpipes, a cpu buckle and copper sheeting for later - this bad boy is getting an entirely original, custom made heatsink

Reactions: Biowarejak and DSE

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
Any update on the new timeline? No rush or anything - just waned to give my F5 button a break ;)
Hah. Hahaha. Hahahahaha

I'm going to need a lot of solder
Hah, I'm looking forward to seeing it, @Damascus.

Alright, so here's the situation. I know this is pretty last minute (I wasn't expecting it either), but it's very likely we'll be going with a slots vent pattern for v2.

In short, some machining problems arose when punching out the holes for the current vent pattern, involving all the perforations deforming the entire sheet of steel out of dimension. So changing back to a slots vent pattern with fewer perforations will solve this issue.

Here's what it would look like.

It's not 100% identical to the original slots pattern I used on the prototype (slots are now longer and spaced a little closer together), so I thought you fans of the slot pattern would like to know. Looking at you, @gunpalcyril

People who liked the hole pattern shouldn't worry though. It's possible we can offer side panels with the hole pattern as another option for the case. We just have to get those panels laser cut instead of punched.

Yep, that's all. Hopefully I'll hear something from Kahlin this week on the status of the cases. He told me that the internal parts of the case were close to being done. The only thing holding us up is this side panel issue. We're very, very close guys. Sorry about the delay.