Completed DSE Breathe - A 7.3L Vertical Format ITX Tower

Jovogdiar

Caliper Novice
Apr 29, 2018
This is going to sound odd, but can you share the size of the holes and the distance between them on the case panels? I am trying to recreate a moiré pattern as seen on the first picture but I'm having trouble nailing it down.

Edit : Nevermind I got it :)

Last edited:

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
I know I'm getting out of hand, but I'm now using a scythe 120mm fan with a phanteks halo added ontop, spinning at 700rpm. I'm fairly tempted to cut out a 120mm square to make the fan flush, but I know that's too much work just for aesthetics...lol.

Reactions: DSE and renecop545

myfirstpcyay

Average Stuffer
Mar 7, 2018
Ha...the TEMPTATION is real to make that cut out. ;) At first I thought you actually did cut the cover - but then I saw that you just put it on top like the previous one.

Truth be told, I like how the previous fan looked better ;)

Actually, my OCD would drive me crazy that the fan isn't centered on the face.

LaboonTheWhale

Caliper Novice
Jun 14, 2018
Was thinking of the Ghost S1 but this case is beautiful. Would love to snag one. 8700k might be hard to cool with this case though :/

Reactions: DSE

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
Breathe V2 - A Render No Longer

Cases have been made and Sliger has done an excellent job as usual. Kahlin should have the page up on Sliger.com pretty soon after this.

Here's my build in the new case.
I kept everything the same from my previous build except for the cooler and new 8 inch long 24-pin cable, which was wonderfully made by Ensourced.

My impressions of the new case:
First of all, Sliger went ahead and changed the material to aluminum, so the case is very light. Still sturdy, but much lighter. We'll probably go back to steel for the next revision.

All my design changes and improvements went through to the physical case, so building in it was such a breeze, much, much easier than building in the prototype. The space between the PSU and motherboard is not that cramped anymore. I think users will be very happy with the new case.

Yep. That's all I have to say. I hope you can snag one before they sell out. Thanks for being patient with me.

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
@DSE That white color looks great. Hows the change to aluminum from steel, besides weight? I'm assuming the flex nature of steel from v1 i noticeably different?

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
@DSE That white color looks great. Hows the change to aluminum from steel, besides weight? I'm assuming the flex nature of steel from v1 i noticeably different?
Ikr, it really is stunning, especially when it's lit up in a dark room.

The difference in flex isn't that noticeable on most parts except for the motherboard tray and top panel, but everything is strong and rigid when all parts are put together. I don't have any worries with the case in its assembled state.
@DSE There goes the Ghost S1 for me!! Breathe it is!!! May I have your permission to share this on reddit?
Whew. Sure, go for it. :D They seemed to like it last time lol.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Damn, I have awful timing to get sick miss a week of work :|

Time to rustle up some casholo, any chance you could set one aside for me @KSliger? I have (just) enough for the case but not for shipping right now

Last edited:

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Oh and @DSE I have a c7, with an axp 100 + l9i en route! I've also got a slim no name chinese 120mm, slim scythe 120mm, slim cryorig140mm, noctua slim 92mm and two $5 Chinese 100mm slim fans

Testing time! I'll keep you posted

LaboonTheWhale

Caliper Novice
Jun 14, 2018
Oh and @DSE I have a c7, with an axp 100 + l9i en route! I've also got a slim no name chinese 120mm, slim scythe 120mm, slim cryorig140mm, noctua slim 92mm and two $5 Chinese 100mm slim fans

Testing time! I'll keep you posted
I have the axp-100RH I was testing for the ghost S1 but I don't think it'll fit with this case as it needs 67mm of clearance