Prototype DAN HSLP-48: A powerful sub 50mm heatsink

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Also my black ridge arrives on monday, I can put here my temps cooling a 3700x and compare it to a big shuriken 2 (old one) and also a scythe mugen (old one also) which are not compatible with am4, but I can manage to adapt them...

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
I'll monitor a stress test later this week-end. But y, even more far. I'm already around 80°C while gaming so...

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
theres a video on youtube where they test it (optimumtech) and it doesn´t seem better than the copper one.

I´m also having difficulties controlling temperatures on my 3700x it just has too much voltage ... so it´s hot.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
theres a video on youtube where they test it (optimumtech) and it doesn´t seem better than the copper one.

i'm aware, but a sample size of just 1 reviewer isn't scientifically sound.

if that 1 reviewer installed it incorrectly, then the whole sample is corrupted.

we need a bigger sample size to adjust for that.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
i think i installed my BlackRidge in push, instead of pull, & its throttling under load.

which is a fail.

i didn't think anyone wanted fail results.

rapidshrub

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
i think i installed my BlackRidge in push, instead of pull, & its throttling under load.

which is a fail.

i didn't think anyone wanted fail results.
So blowing upwards, away from the motherboard?

Asking because mine came installed on the heatsink that way and temps aren't great but I've never used such a low profile cooler so I can't compare to anything. I've been too lazy to flip it but plan to.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
So blowing upwards, away from the motherboard?

Asking because mine came installed on the heatsink that way and temps aren't great but I've never used such a low profile cooler so I can't compare to anything. I've been too lazy to flip it but plan to.

honestly i can't remember.

but i failed.

which is why i'm asking for other's temps.

not because i didn't purchase a BlackRidge; because due to my lack of skill, the installation was a fail.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
are you located in the USA ??

if so, i would be willing to assist you in getting items, for comparing both coolers.

as you can see from above, i'm highly interested in getting a comparison between coolers, however very few people have used a 120mm fan with their BlackRidge V2, and then written down temps.

many people keep saying they've used a 120mm fan, but forgot to write their temps, which is not helpful.

@GucksTV also seems to not write temps in English, or has them so they're unreadable, within his videos.

not helpful at all.
Yes I am. If you're on discord or Reddit unusually am on there more if you want to
dm. /u/poblopuablo
Or poblopuablo#2344

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Yes, I have VLP Ram that is Samsung B-die. I'll be using the recently released tool to OC it this weekend but it should have good performance compared to the Adata sticks. I got them off of an eBay seller in the UK. They're still for sale, though a bit cheaper than I paid at £79 for 16GB sticks at the moment. The description is "innodisk (Samsung) 16GB DDR4 2400 PC4-19200 VLP UDIMM RAM M4C0-AGS1TCSJ". Currently I'm at 3200MHz CL17 but we'll see how I go over the weekend.

I don't see the one you are talking about, but I see this one:

According to manufacturer these are ECC( for server/HEDT) sticks, do you think they would work with a b350 system?

Edit: source: https://www.innodisk.com/en/products/dram-module/server/Unbuffered_w_ECC_DDR4_LONG_DIMM_VLP

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
I don't see the one you are talking about, but I see this one:

According to manufacturer these are ECC( for server/HEDT) sticks, do you think they would work with a b350 system?

Edit: source: https://www.innodisk.com/en/products/dram-module/server/Unbuffered_w_ECC_DDR4_LONG_DIMM_VLP

someone else can correct me if i'm wrong, but believe you don't want " ECC server " RAM, because its not compatible.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
someone else can correct me if i'm wrong, but believe you don't want " ECC server " RAM, because its not compatible.
That was my understanding, but according to @Van0 he was able to get it to work, albeit idk what his system is, so it might be natively compatible.

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
ECC ram run on a non-ECC mode on some motherboards. At least it's the case with Gigabyte.

Read the spec of the motherboard to see if it supports ECC Ram.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
ECC ram run on a non-ECC mode on some motherboards. At least it's the case with Gigabyte.

Read the spec of the motherboard to see if it supports ECC Ram.

I have an asrock fatal1ty b350i, according to their page it will accept ECC ram for some cpu's. But it doesn't say if it will for Pinnacle Ridge (2700x). But I think it will. This is good news. :)
Thanks!!

PantherB

Caliper Novice
Nov 21, 2018
I have an asrock fatal1ty b350i, according to their page it will accept ECC ram for some cpu's. But it doesn't say if it will for Pinnacle Ridge (2700x). But I think it will. This is good news. :)
Thanks!!
I have the same mobo and bought the ram from the UK eBay reseller, works perfect.

PantherB

Caliper Novice
Nov 21, 2018
Can all 3700x users with a black ridge+120mm fan share which mobo they are using?
I have a ASRock b350 gaming itx and I don't have to mod the vrm heatsinks. Is there a compatibility list for this thing with a 120mm fan?

Last edited: