Prototyping DAN HSLP-48: A powerful sub 50mm heatsink

AURMEND

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
Since I wasn't able to create an account on hardforum without it getting deleted I'll post this here. I drew up and had my coworker print a shroud for the black ridge + 12x15 combo. I'm not actually able to test it right now though since my zsa4 won't even ship until mid june. One of the possible problems regarding vibration is that I had to remove the rubber pads from the side of the fan that touches against the heatsink.
You mind sharing the file? I can 3d print it and test it myself

AURMEND

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
Can anyone confirm whether the ASRock Z390 Phantom’s VRM heatsink needs to be removed when using the Black Ridge with a 120mm slim fan? It’s extremely difficult to search for this information (niche within a niche within a niche).
I used a hacksaw to cut part of the VRM heatsink, thankfully it a groove on the heatsink that was the perfect angle to cut part of the heat sink easily

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
Hi guys
I want to know if the vrm's heatsinks from the gigabyte z390 gigabyte z390 i aorus pro wifi are compatible with a 120mm slim fan+ABR and the adata vlp dd4 ram without mods nothing

D90

Caliper Novice
May 9, 2017
Hi guys
I want to know if the vrm's heatsinks from the gigabyte z390 gigabyte z390 i aorus pro wifi are compatible with a 120mm slim fan+ABR and the adata vlp dd4 ram without mods nothing
I had to pull them off to install the blackridge even with stock fan. It’s only 2 screws on the back of the motherboard.