DAN C4-SFX

jacobtc

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 23, 2023
Finally got done with my build in this case.
Specs:
  • ASUS ROG Strix B650E-I
  • Ryzen 7800X3D with Noctua NH-D12L
  • MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio X
  • 64GB DDR5 CL32 6200
  • Corsair SF750
  • 512GB 980 PRO
  • 2TB Kingston Fury Renegade
An absolute beast, but the GPU was sketchy to install 😅

Reactions: Rem Freeman

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
any news about the availability of v2?... missed the first release unfortunately... :(
Dan has said that he's aiming for Q2 next year, but given past experience, don't count on this being reliable.

If you really want one, the only way is to put in a pre-order when they appear on supplier websites and hope, but get on with your build in something else in the meantime.

zffx7310

Case Bender
New User
Oct 24, 2023
Will the case come in parts or preinstalled?
The V2 will be flat packed and will need to be assembled by the end user. This is being done to reduce shipping costs and will be more economical for both the buyer and seller @dondan.

Do we have any update on where @dondan is at in the process? Last post I saw was months ago and he said he was aiming for Q1 2024 but I also see others saying Q2 now so not sure which is correct. Would be nice to have a quick update on what is left in the process of getting V2 out to the public. Really going back and forth on waiting to build vs just building in another case and then purchasing this one hoping that all the parts I buy for the other case fit in this one.

klackoun

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 22, 2023
I hope to be able to buy soon - my PC componets lying on table more than year :( :( i had no luck to brought v1 (emited too small quantity) :(((

kcuestag

Efficiency Noob
Aug 14, 2023
I hope to be able to buy soon - my PC componets lying on table more than year :( :( i had no luck to brought v1 (emited too small quantity) :(((

As much as I'd love to have the C4 SFX v2, if I were you I'd just buy any other case in the market and start enjoying that computer.

It's been almost 3 months since dondan made any post in this thread to update us in regards to the new C4. Before knowing this forum (when I found this case on Youtube) I emailed them on August 12th to info@dan-cases.com asking about future stock or newer versions, and never got a reply.

I'm sure he's very busy, but the lack of replies are not very cool...

80ti

Cable Smoosher
Oct 16, 2022
As much as I'd love to have the C4 SFX v2, if I were you I'd just buy any other case in the market and start enjoying that computer.

It's been almost 3 months since dondan made any post in this thread to update us in regards to the new C4. Before knowing this forum (when I found this case on Youtube) I emailed them on August 12th to info@dan-cases.com asking about future stock or newer versions, and never got a reply.

maybe is just too busy to reply

Sff-Bev

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 15, 2023

Sure they got alot of emails that time because of some retailers that took orders and didnt have any stock.

So customers wasnt happy because they expected to get a product but they havent even order the case from Dan Cases so he tried to solve it and ship cases so atleast some got it.

He told the Timeline after this for V2 and that are earliest Q2 this year and that it takes 3 months only for manufacturing and get it to retailers and reviewers.

So June 2024 then he still have 2 months to be possible to get to the goal.

But often this project takes more time but atleast i hope he manufacturing more cases this time

MBR05E

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 25, 2022
Any Aussies still waiting PCCG is finally shipping preorders and have the cancelled orders available on their Website.

They don’t do international shipping.

Reactions: TheClash

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
UPDATE C4-SFXv2:

Hi together, i think it is time to break the silence and give some updates for C4-SFXv2.

I wish I can show you a prototype today or a production has stated update. I wasted a lot of month last year for the side IO design and the flat packed possibility on the round front panel version with bottom striped. I call it dev hell but it is what it is. At the end I made the decision to put flat pack on hold and do it on a later revision. So I updated the v1 drawing to v2 design, size and features.

My work on this is 99% done so I will order a sample next week and update the manual. If prototype test will be fine we are ready for the next production run. Thank you for your feedback and help. On my next update I will show you the prototype.

Regards Daniel

dan-c4-sfx-v2-update-v0-30vcmerf00fc1.jpeg

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
So this price wise this isn't going to be any cheaper than v1 because flatpack has been sidelined?

I like the change of IO location and mATX compatibility gives wider appeal and scope for cheaper builds given the cost of ITX nowadays I suppose, but there could have been another run of v1 sold out by now giving you time to get the flatpack sorted for a proper run of v2?