DAN C4-SFX

screwbox

Efficiency Noob
Oct 12, 2020
As a fresh owner of a second hand bought C4-SFX I've read that a 92mm fan is a good idea. But I don't comply with the shitty kind of how it is mounted because it's not possible to just screw it to the back.
Additionally i wanted some type of spacer to mute the turbulence the fan would make.
So i designed a spacer which you can use to simply clip the fan to the case.
Just wanted to share it with you guys. Already postet it on reddit etc.

MonsieurSweaty

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 22, 2023
Am I the only one who wants V2 to look as similar to V1 as possible?
I don't like the current (V2) angular design.
You are not alone... I don't understand why Dan would do one production run of the V1 and then move on to a completely different design for V2. Utterly baffling. The new design is overcooked, in my opinion, I prefer the simplicity of V1 (I am a product designer, btw). And from the point of view of a product designer... well, designing the product is the hardest bit! Creating and getting something into production is a mammoth task. And the V1 is a masterpiece!

Dan, and the rest of us, should enjoy the fruits of their labour after all that effort. Not throw it all in the bin and start over...

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
Dan, and the rest of us, should enjoy the fruits of their labour after all that effort. Not throw it all in the bin and start over...
Agree. While I can see why he'd want to amend the interior to add mATX (and maybe amend to account for AM5 heatsink offset), the exterior is fantastic already. IMO the rounded edges at the front and the base are just enough to stop it looking like every other mesh box on the market.

For me I'd like the USB front bottom and a power LED/USB-A port added, but that's more a personal preference and I can see why he'd want to avoid that (apparently would need a PCB and increase costs/certification time.

Reactions: konnerbllb

Founti

Efficiency Noob
Jun 14, 2023
Hi folks!

I need help with my build using this awesome case. For my build I am using the following components
  • AMD ryzen 7 7800x 3D
  • Asus Rog Strix x870e-i
  • RTX 4090 FE
  • PSU Power cable for GPU: Corsair 12VHPWR
But I don't know how should I route the GPU psu cable, I routed the cable like this

I routed the cable above the gpu. 2x 140mm slim fans and the cable fits nicely in between.

toyk115

Case Bender
New User
Sep 1, 2023
Im about to purchase a power color 7900 xtx hellhound for the C4. I've 3 questions:

1. According to the official website it's 338mm long. That means it won't fit. However, according to the GPU compatibility list, it fits. How come?

2. Assuming it does fit, is there sufficient clearance to place 2 x 140mm fans above it?

3. If not, and I deshroud the GPU, what thickness of 140mm fans should I get to reduce the gap between the fans and the GPU as much as possible?

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
Im about to purchase a power color 7900 xtx hellhound for the C4. I've 3 questions:

1. According to the official website it's 338mm long. That means it won't fit. However, according to the GPU compatibility list, it fits. How come?

2. Assuming it does fit, is there sufficient clearance to place 2 x 140mm fans above it?

3. If not, and I deshroud the GPU, what thickness of 140mm fans should I get to reduce the gap between the fans and the GPU as much as possible?
What I will say is that LTT's review used a Gigabyte 7900XTX:

- It is 7mm shorter than the Powercolor and looks a tight fit
- It is listed at 50mm height and they used standard 140mm fans after deshrouding. The Powercolor says it's 75mm, so it'll be down to the fan assembly size....

IMO, either you order the Powercolor and measure it, return it if it won't fit. Or get the Gigabyte.

Last edited:

toyk115

Case Bender
New User
Sep 1, 2023
What I will say is that LTT's review used a Gigabyte 7900XTX:

- It is 7mm shorter than the Powercolor and looks a tight fit
- It is listed at 50mm height and they used standard 140mm fans after deshrouding. The Powercolor says it's 75mm, so it'll be down to the fan assembly size....

IMO, either you order the Powercolor and measure it, return it if it won't fit. Or get the Gigabyte.
Thanks for your reply!

Thanks for pointing out the LTT video, that was very helpful.

It's weird. Their website says 338 but elsewhere it says 320... So I don't know what it is.

Anyhow, hearing a lot of issues with coil whine with this card. Might just go for something else altogether

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
@dondan is there any information on RTX4070Ti cards? Looking to stuff a Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4070Ti, will it fit?
up to 3.5 Slot GPU
Height: 145 mm (PCIe power sockets needs to be 15mm lower)
Width: 70 mm
Length: 336mm

Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4070Ti
L=336 W=140 H=58 mm

Looks like it will fit, but you will probably have to use an adaptor or have custom/flexible cables on the power connector

Last edited:

Sff-Bev

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 15, 2023
Any new pitchures of the V2 case.

What cooling solutions are the best for temps on cpu and gpu?

Air cooling, Aio or liquid cooling.

Guessing the first 2 are more common because of price difference.

Tesserae

Chassis Packer
Apr 4, 2023
Just curious. What idle/load temperatures are people getting on CPU with the NH-D12L?
I don't recall exact idle temps, but they were low enough to be totally silent. Load temperatures among various games were:
Starfield: Average CPU Temp: 58
Astroneer: Average CPU Temp: 69
Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Average CPU Temp: 76
Flight Simulator 2020: Average CPU Temp: 74
Hogwarts Legacy: Average CPU Temp: 64

jacobtc

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 23, 2023
If you deshroud the GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4080/4090 Windforce 24G und remove the backplate it will fit in the C4-SFX 14.7L.

With deshroud the height will be reduced from 331x150x70mm to 331x137x70mm.

Here are the cards that will fit in the 14.7L

INNO3D GeForce RTX 4090 X3
Palit GeForce RTX 4090 GameRock
Gainward GeForce RTX 4090 Phantom
INNO3D GeForce RTX 4090 iCHILL X3
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition
MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24G (Ultra close but mayber fit)
KFA2 GeForce RTX 4090 SG

Should fit with deshroud:
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Windforce 24G (aslo remove backplate)
MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Suprim X 24G
I'm currently considering getting a 4090 Gaming Trio, as it is readily available, and the founders edition are not easy to get my here.
However, I just watched OptimumTech install the 4080 variant in a C4-SFX, and it looked like the front of the card was basically touching the front IO connectors, and the 4090 is 10mm longer according to the datasheet from MSI. Has anyone installed this card? Also, in the same video, it is suggested to get a cable for my SF750, as the included 16 pin splitter is stiff, and the sidepanel won't close. I found this: https://www.moddiy.com/products/ATX...iple-8-Pin-to-12VHPWR-16-Pin-Power-Cable.html but are there anyone inside the EU making these?

Decibel5300

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 19, 2023
Looking for some suggestions from people here. I'm in Australia and originally preordered the C4-SFX through PCCG. There was a whole issue around this as they really messed up and never put in orders or anything (you can search back through this thread for seeing details). Eventually they apparently got allocated the last of the black V1 cases so they could fulfil their orders, but their shipment date never changed from end of September.

I got contacted by them today to say that the date is being pushed again to January next year - but I'm pretty sure it was just a default "push a date back by a quarter and contact the customer" situation. They've offered a full refund on my order, or potentially a discount on a different case. The problem is that I bought my components around the C4-SFX and most ITX cases will not fit what I have. Most notably my Sapphire 7900XTX Nitro+.

I've been running my PC on top of the motherboard box for months now and I'm sick of dusting it so I'm looking to just get a different case and call it a day now - but I really can't seem to find much that can actually fit this 3.5 slot GPU without jumping up to like ~20L cases. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what could fit? I'm willing to change my CPU cooler to accommodate, but buying a new GPU is not an option.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Looking for some suggestions from people here. I'm in Australia and originally preordered the C4-SFX through PCCG. There was a whole issue around this as they really messed up and never put in orders or anything (you can search back through this thread for seeing details). Eventually they apparently got allocated the last of the black V1 cases so they could fulfil their orders, but their shipment date never changed from end of September.

I got contacted by them today to say that the date is being pushed again to January next year - but I'm pretty sure it was just a default "push a date back by a quarter and contact the customer" situation. They've offered a full refund on my order, or potentially a discount on a different case. The problem is that I bought my components around the C4-SFX and most ITX cases will not fit what I have. Most notably my Sapphire 7900XTX Nitro+.

I've been running my PC on top of the motherboard box for months now and I'm sick of dusting it so I'm looking to just get a different case and call it a day now - but I really can't seem to find much that can actually fit this 3.5 slot GPU without jumping up to like ~20L cases. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what could fit? I'm willing to change my CPU cooler to accommodate, but buying a new GPU is not an option.
I would check out the Ncase M1 EVO, 15l and 4 slot GPU support, supposed to go on sale this Oct.

Reactions: Dampfbox

Decibel5300

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 19, 2023
I would check out the Ncase M1 EVO, 15l and 4 slot GPU support, supposed to go on sale this Oct.
Oh that does look pretty fantastic not gonna lie. I'm not sure if I want to wait and hope on another boutique case though - but it's definitely something I'll consider.

The Meshroom S is in stock locally and seems like it would fit. I'm not sold on the aesthetic though.

Ryall

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 27, 2023

I got contacted by them today to say that the date is being pushed again to January next year - but I'm pretty sure it was just a default "push a date back by a quarter and contact the customer" situation. They've offered a full refund on my order, or potentially a discount on a different case. The problem is that I bought my components around the C4-SFX and most ITX cases will not fit what I have.
Hello Decibel and SFF I made an account to post the same thing. I got my email today from PCCG. I'm very disappointed.

I've thought about this for some time and really the problem starts with DAN. I admit I'm new to ITX but it must be part of the scene that you get treated extremely badly by companies and then thank them for it. Look at all the apologists there are for DAN. This for a case which Gamers Nexus describes as so expensive it is in the 'limited run boutique case' category. Imagine any company building hype by working with consumers to design a wonderful product they all want, making sure that youtubers with enormous reach get review units, and then only selling a single container. Is that even a few hundred cases? DAN then tells the angry and shocked consumers that although he could easily sell another container full he would rather make us all wait till next year and change the design because he feels like it. This is appalling treatment of customers. Dan has made many more people upset than he did happy with the C4. He let us down.

The C4 costs three times more than an n200, I know because it's what I had to buy to put all my new parts in when the case fell through. It's a wonderful case, easily good enough, and it's actually available. If you are reading this rant it's because you are an ITX fan and I get that it's a really cool enthusiast subset of the PC build community, but I ask you to take a long look at yourselves if you would consider buying a product from DAN after being treated this badly. His excuses are so self serving it's embarrassing, there is zero benefit to us in flat packs, that benefits him only. Unless he meant we might actually get one next time being a benefit. Try to think of any other area of your life in which a company could treat customers with such contempt and blatant self interest over that of the consumer and get away with it. Try to do it without making excuses for him. I imagine this is literally the worst you are treated by any company that wants your business.

I can see reading this thread that there are DAN fans who are just looking ahead and honestly, you deserve to be treated better than this.

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
Oh that does look pretty fantastic not gonna lie. I'm not sure if I want to wait and hope on another boutique case though - but it's definitely something I'll consider.
NCase is close enough to wait imo.

I can see reading this thread that there are DAN fans who are just looking ahead and honestly, you deserve to be treated better than this.

Have to admit, I was lucky and got a C4, but I can't disagree with much of what you said.

I do think that anyone expecting a C4 v2 by Q2 next year has a great deal more optimism than I do, if they're in anyone's hands before August I'll be very surprised.

Reactions: rfarmer