DAN C4-SFX

kcuestag

Efficiency Noob
Aug 14, 2023
Hello everyone,

I came up accross this C4-SFX case on youtube and immediately fell in love with it, I feel the need of ditching my current full sized ATX tower and grabbing this amazing case!

I see on the first page that it is expected on Mid-May 2023 in european stores such as Caseking.de, but wondering if that is old and they're already sold out, or if we can expect more stock coming soon? I am holding my computer upgrades until I can get a hold of this case, pretty much the only one that I loved at first sight, it is amazing!

Thanks.

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
wondering if that is old and they're already sold out, or if we can expect more stock coming soon?
The cases are indeed sold out in all markets and in every colour, there will be no re-stock.

A successor called the C4-SFX v2 will bi available probably in early 2024 (this date is my personal guess only as I am not an official representative of Dan Cases).

kcuestag

Efficiency Noob
Aug 14, 2023
The cases are indeed sold out in all markets and in every colour, there will be no re-stock.

A successor called the C4-SFX v2 will bi available probably in early 2024 (this date is my personal guess only as I am not an official representative of Dan Cases).

That's too bad. :(

I guess I'll have to wait for the new v2 version! =)

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
Just built my C4 v1 and I'm over the moon with it. Will post specs and such soon!

A little teaser and an important footnote to those considering improved airflow options - I was able to fit a Kraken 280 (rad side out) on the AIO bracket, 2 Noctua A9x14s on the bottom of the case, an SFX-L PSU, one 2.5" SATA SSD, and a Corsair Commander Pro in this lil thing and it runs cool as a cucumber.

Those options are not listed as supported (in combination or at all depending on the item) on the product page, but you can definitely squeeze everything in and cable manage it just fine.

Last edited:

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023

I know no more than you, but given past experiences, that's a very optimistic timescale in my view.

Deathegg

Cable Smoosher
Apr 8, 2023
Just built my C4 v1 and I'm over the moon with it. Will post specs and such soon!

A little teaser and an important footnote to those considering improved airflow options - I was able to fit a Kraken 280 (rad side out) and 2 Noctua A9x14s on the bottom of the case, an SFX-L PSU, one 2.5" SATA SSD, and a Corsair Commander Pro in this lil thing and it runs cool as a cucumber.

Those options are not listed as supported (in combination or at all depending on the item) on the product page, but you can definitely squeeze everything in and cable manage it just fine.
Would love to see your setup.

I am currently sitting on an empty case coz I am waiting for release of Intel 14 gen and hopefully good deals from Black Friday.

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
Not the most glamorous photoshoot, but plenty good enough for some context:

Build album: NightOwl Dan C4 build

PcPartPicker list: NightOwl
I have the same Loki PSU - I'm not fond of the fan they used (frosted instead of clear plastic would have been nicer), but left the RGB on in a low intensity "breathing" pattern because otherwise I have no idea if its running, especially during RAM training) 😀

Any reason you went with 120mm on top intake? In mine I decided on 140mm and run them slower for less noise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex Kazuma and rui

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
I have the same Loki PSU - I'm not fond of the fan they used (frosted instead of clear plastic would have been nicer), but left the RGB on in a low intensity "breathing" pattern because otherwise I have no idea if its running, especially during RAM training) 😀

Any reason you went with 120mm on top intake? In mine I decided on 140mm and run them slower for less noise.
I wanted to be able to route the PSU cable up and over the center of the card with as minimal bending as possible. The two 120s gave me a perfect channel for it! Not to say that same option isn't possible with two 140s though. How do you have yours set up? Would love to see some pictures!

beck

Efficiency Noob
Jul 1, 2022
I played around with the C4-SFXv2 concepts and did some rendering:

Some color tests:

Am I the only one who wants V2 to look as similar to V1 as possible?
I don't like the current (V2) angular design.

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
Am I the only one who wants V2 to look as similar to V1 as possible?
I don't like the dedesign.I don't think there's anything wrong with v1 except the front I/O
Like you, I don't think there was anything wrong with the v1 design overall and the rounded front edges made it look classy. Tinkering just makes it worse.

The only thing I'd change is the front I/O. USB-C is too inconvenient to be the only front I/O, especially where it is on v1 on top of the case. Basically, to insert most USB drive you either have to use a hub/converter and balance it all on top (most cables on hubs are short and the device won't sit flat on a desk with the cable coming down from that angle) or fumble around the back of the computer for a slot.

Additionally I'd like a power LED - the cost and any room taken up from this would be negligible imo. Even air cooled mine is almost silent on bootup, it's tough to know if it's actually booting or on unless I leave RGB devices running.

USB-A and C, switch and LED at the bottom front would be my preferred config. Most headsets/mic are USB now too so I think audio jacks are not as important.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Additionally I'd like a power LED - the cost and any room taken up from this would be negligible imo. Even air cooled mine is almost silent on bootup, it's tough to know if it's actually booting or on unless I leave RGB devices running.
If there is no power LED, an alternative is to install that tiny speaker onto your mobo to generate that single bootup beep (so assuring to an old school guy like me!).

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Me too, that is the one thing I've realised is missing in my Dan A4.
For the last few builds I've wired the power / vandal switch LED to the HDD pins to show signs of life and feel a bit lost without it. My current Strix boards have LEDs on the board underside setup to show cpu temp range,but my forthcoming update includes an unlit board. As you say, an illuminated fan would do the job if it was appropriate to the build.

rui

Efficiency Noob
Apr 5, 2023

I currently only have the CPU fan (D12L), the PSU fan (a Loki 1000) and the fans on the GPU (xtx 6750).
The case is amazing, even with just these fans, it radiates heat everywhere, no overheating problems whatsoever. At least not yet.

I am waiting for the next gen 140mm noctua fans to get the whole thing equipped.
Might be a while ... Q1 2024, longer if I want the chromax black version.

Reactions: Rem Freeman

Rem Freeman

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2023
I currently only have the CPU fan (D12L), the PSU fan (a Loki 1000) and the fans on the GPU (xtx 6750).
The case is amazing, even with just these fans, it radiates heat everywhere, no overheating problems whatsoever. At least not yet.

I am waiting for the next gen 140mm noctua fans to get the whole thing equipped.
Might be a while ... Q1 2024, longer if I want the chromax black version.
That's good to know about the next-gen 140mm fan, which could be really good as an exhaust fan. I just really wish they would offer it in a slim version as well for the intake fans on top of the case above the video card.

nikolaip

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 18, 2023
Are there any blowdown coolers that work well and allow for 2 side 140mm exhaust fans? Would you have the heatsink blowing down into the mother board, and pulling up towards the side exhaust?

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
Are there any blowdown coolers that work well and allow for 2 side 140mm exhaust fans? Would you have the heatsink blowing down into the mother board, and pulling up towards the side exhaust?
Any gain from 2 x 140mm side fans would be negated by the smaller heatsink you'd need imo. A single 140mm intake on the side works ridiculously well with a NH-D12L even without any exhaust fans