DAN C4-SFX

Krulen

Efficiency Noob
May 23, 2023
Thank you guys, that's nice, i already checked most of what you said ! Everything was running fine in the previous system, and now it's not even working outside of the case. Nothing is broken or missing, everything is plugged correctly, changed CPU, changed ram, updated bios via usb, tryed CMOS reset (pin short and motherboard battery).

The system is stuck on green led light (boot led) with or without ssd plugged in ( M.2 or Sata) and output a black screen ! Everything is spinning as it should, checked all the port of the GPU (HDMI and displayport) on 2 monitor and 1 tv, cpu is AMD 5900X so i can't use onboard graphics.

At this point, last thing to try is new gpu and new motherboard.

Tonight i receive a new GPU to test on the system and i will test old GPU on my SSF plex server.
I will try my SF750 on my SSF plex server too to be sure.
But after that there is only one remaining solution, motherboard. And it sucks it's an Asus rog B550-I gaming it is now absurdly priced !

There is another explanation if everything is good, the system defaulted to onboard graphics as primary output solution.

Krulen

Efficiency Noob
May 23, 2023
So i bought the first card that could be delivered by tonight it was a 1660super and now the system is booting to windows fine, so it was a dead GPU issue.
Why it decided to not work anymore, i have no idea !
Anyway ! Your case is beautiful and there is a lot of care in it Dan !
Can't wait for a 4080ti or 4080 to put in this monster ! :)

Tides

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 11, 2023
Does anybody know if you can fit 140mm fans on the bottom of the case as intake when using a sfx-l PSU like the Loki?

Tides

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 11, 2023
Does anybody know if you can fit 140mm fans on the bottom of the case as intake when using a sfx-l PSU like the Loki?

Tides

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 11, 2023
Not at all? Because in the example hardware configurations there are a total of 4 fans listed. 2 of which are slim for above the GPU i guess, and the other 2 for the bottom?

Wolfe1

Trash Compacter
Dec 12, 2019
Not at all? Because in the example hardware configurations there are a total of 4 fans listed. 2 of which are slim for above the GPU i guess, and the other 2 for the bottom?
That's 2 up top (full size or slim depending on gpu) and 2 on the side (like if you had a 280mm aio radiator).

If you air cool with something like the NH-D12L you have 1 side fan, one fan on the cooler, and can place a 92mm at the back of the case if you like.

Reactions: Tides and Oggie

Tunga

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 23, 2023
I have the case on pre-order from OCUK and I'm trying to figure out what PSU to order because there are no good SFX options available in the UK right now and this has been the case for months. Am I right in thinking that I can still mount two SATA drives even if I use an SFX-L PSU? But I assume I cannot front mount the PSU, only side mount, and the cabling will be more fiddly?

Tides

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 11, 2023
That's 2 up top (full size or slim depending on gpu) and 2 on the side (like if you had a 280mm aio radiator).

If you air cool with something like the NH-D12L you have 1 side fan, one fan on the cooler, and can place a 92mm at the back of the case if you like.
Ah okay thank you, that clears my confusion

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Is the C4 SFX ever planned to have wider availability outside the UK/Japan? (As in, not having to ship it overseas for every order in NA?)

szymon.sz

What's an ITX?
New User
May 24, 2023
I have the case on pre-order from OCUK and I'm trying to figure out what PSU to order because there are no good SFX options available in the UK right now and this has been the case for months. Am I right in thinking that I can still mount two SATA drives even if I use an SFX-L PSU? But I assume I cannot front mount the PSU, only side mount, and the cabling will be more fiddly?
Watch out for some SilverStone models, I have SX800 and it has exposed cable connectors (which is unusual?) and C14 connector in different position compared to most PSUs. You can still mount it, but it requires longer studs. There is a reddit thread with 'my mess'.

Reactions: riba2233

m4nii

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2022
Update for the dual-rad enthusiasts: Thanks to the tips from @dondan i packed everything inside (except cables and tubes) to do exact measurements. The "slightly" non-aligned GPU bothered me, so i inspected the MoBo and got rid of the side part of the Chipset Cooler - now its only the weight at the back thats pulling it down a bit (think i can align it a bit with the tubes), otherwise it fits now perfectly. As i can pull out the GPU without disassembling the rest, i'm thinking of using quick-connects on the gpu (when the 5xxx-series arrives :D).

Concerning 12VHPWR: i got various adapters/options (CableMod, ModDIY), but none of them really fits, best for me (at the moment) is the PSU Cable.

Now i need to figure out where to put which fittings and how and where to put the tubes (and cables) - but especially due to the waterblock on the GPU theres plenty of space above the PSU for tubing/cabling :-)

@dondan congrats to the design, building is really enjoyable. Best thing for me is, that you can unscrew everything (i needed to remove one of the upper parts to fit the rad). Do you think the space between rad/GPU is enough to pull some air? (its about 7mm)

Initial Version with GPU sitting on part of ChipsetCooler

Re-Fitted GPU (Chipset Cooler Side-Panel removed)

Back (still with the angled GPU, didn't do a new pic here)

Space between front rad and psu

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
Do you think the space between rad/GPU is enough to pull some air? (its about 7mm)
I would prefer a little bigger gap personally...is this the HPE-30 radiator? If so, I will actually go for the HPE-20 although I dislike Alphacool.

Reactions: Antioch

Jeps

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 24, 2023
Just do fans first and than radiator. The bracket allowes for 141mm wide ones. Some radiators are 143/144mm and will not fit.
In my experience, mounting fans first and then radiator greatly increases the noise as the fans are restricted on both sides. I have a Lian Li Q58 with a 280 AIO mounted in the top like this and the noise is so annoying that I have the top cover off permanently and run it with exposed fans. The entire reason I've ordered the C4 is to fix this issue! Linus also ran into this problem in his build vid and ended up bending the bracket to get the aio to fit with the fans on the motherboard side so it doesn't seem like the C4 is going to fair any better in this config. There are many many 144mm wide aio's on the market so a large portion of buyers will undoubtedly run into this issue. (I have a fractal celsius+ s28 which is 144mm wide surprise surprise).

Its even worse when we look at custom loop radiators. There are a grand total of 2 radiators that I'm aware of that will fit the C4 bracket, the corsair XR5 which is a slim 30mm model or the aquacomputer radiators which have sub par performance looking at the reviews. Anybody doing a custom loop in the C4 is going to have to make a choice between compromised cooling using a sub par radiator or compromised noise performance by mounting the fans in a non optimal config which is very disappointing.

This is a big oversight in my opinion. Surely there was room to make the bracket a couple of mm wider?!

Reactions: Dampfbox

m4nii

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2022
@Dampfbox yeah thats the HPE30 on top (on the side i've got the HPE-45)

@Jeps i currently cannot test that, as the system is not working (and sadly i've no fan <-> molex/sata adapter here). but a quick run of one of the top fans with panel closed (attached it to my old system) did show, that with low RPM (idle) i could not hear it. more/full RPM you could obviously here the fan. i'll report back to that once i've the possibility to test that.