DAN C4-SFX

Albatross1486

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2023
Same !!! Also still haven't decided what parts to get so people's specs will make it more clear what works with what.
I'm pretty sure I know what I'll go with, and I have a few parts already. Waiting for the case before I get all the spendy stuff.

Oggie

Average Stuffer
Apr 25, 2023
I'm pretty sure I know what I'll go with, and I have a few parts already. Waiting for the case before I get all the spendy stuff.
Only part I can't decide on is mobo, already bought SS135 so just want to make sure it fits one I choose. I wish we had more AM5 itx choices ☹️

Albatross1486

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2023
Only part I can't decide on is mobo, already bought SS135 so just want to make sure it fits one I choose. I wish we had more AM5 itx choices ☹️
This is my issue too. I'm really hoping the Aorus works, it has one extra m.2 slot (I aim to use only two, but we'll see) however the Asus doesn't have a mezzanine or daughter board and appears to have better clearance, and it has one more USB-C on the back, but it's also $70 more expensive. If the Aorus doesn't work, I'll try the Asus. Thankfully Microcenter is 15 minutes away, so a swap isn't hard.

Oggie

Average Stuffer
Apr 25, 2023
This is my issue too. I'm really hoping the Aorus works, it has one extra m.2 slot (I aim to use only two, but we'll see) however the Asus doesn't have a mezzanine or daughter board and appears to have better clearance, and it has one more USB-C on the back, but it's also $70 more expensive. If the Aorus doesn't work, I'll try the Asus. Thankfully Microcenter is 15 minutes away, so a swap isn't hard.
I'll keep an eye on your outcome. As soon as my case arrives I will order my parts and let you know if it's before your build. Daughter boards are bad idea, don't know why they started doing those.

Reactions: Albatross1486

Albatross1486

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2023
I'll keep an eye on your outcome. As soon as my case arrives I will order my parts and let you know if it's before your build. Daughter boards are bad idea, don't know why they started doing those.
I hate the daughter board. I understand the mezzanine at least for multiple m.2, though I do prefer the back installs since most cases can access that. I honestly do waffle between the Asus and Gigabyte, but I hate taking things apart so who knows.

Reactions: Oggie

Tunga

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 23, 2023
Watch out for some SilverStone models, I have SX800 and it has exposed cable connectors (which is unusual?) and C14 connector in different position compared to most PSUs. You can still mount it, but it requires longer studs. There is a reddit thread with 'my mess'.
If I go SFX-L I will either get an Asus Loki or a Corsair SF850L. I'm just hoping these will work side mounted because I need the SATA mounts at the front. It's just hard to find any information on exactly what is supported in each configuration because the case is brand new and there aren't many builds out in the wild yet.

I'd rather just go SFX but they simply don't exist except for a couple of poorly rated models.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Has anyone experimented yet with attaching a heat pad or similar to an M.2 drive on the rear of the motherboard, to dissipate heat to the side panel?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
May I ask those who are buying C4-SFX why you do not wait for the Ncase M1EVO for a full comparison before deciding to go the Dan's route?
Since the 2 cases are so similar in design, the 2 should be legitimately compared, I suppose.

So, what is/are the reason(s)?
-Simply cannot wait any longer for the M1EVO?
-Simply totally a Dan's fan?
-Certain features of the C4-SFX make the deal while the M1EVO lacks?
-Will buy M1EVO later as well?

I plan to buy one of the 2 for a build by year end. Appreciate the decision making process of you guys. Thanks.

Albatross1486

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2023
So, what is/are the reason(s)?
-Simply cannot wait any longer for the M1EVO?
-Simply totally a Dan's fan?
-Certain features of the C4-SFX make the deal while the M1EVO lacks?
-Will buy M1EVO later as well?

I already have an M1, I need to replace my ATX build which is failing, I want to go all-air like I did in the M1 (C14S), and this seems like a great layout and lots of features. Looks clean af and will be easy to work in. Plus, the M1Evo isn't out yet.

Reactions: tinyitx

futaris

Cable Smoosher
Nov 17, 2017
It does work like this: Caseking has many partner shops like OverclockersUK or PcCaseGear. The partner shop has to make a internal order and Caseking will share stock/units with them. I called Caseking yesterday about this topic and they told me PcCaseGear didn't placed a internal order so they will get zero units.

I will remove them from the C4-SFX buy page. Australian customers has to order from ComputerOrbit or OverclockersUK. Sry.

PcCaseGear now have them up for preorder. ETA 29/09/23. End of Sept 2023.

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
So, no problem with larger than 141mm width radiators in the top?
I cannot tell at this point because I did not even unbox the case yet. The top radiator mount seems to be restricted by the push-pin-receptacle as you already mentioned, but there might be just enough space to get a 145mm wide rad in there...

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Can anyone recommend me any configuration of motherboard + CPU + RAM + heatsink + case fans?
On https://www.dan-cases.com/c4sfx_faq.html you will find example hardware configurations :)

Its just an placeholder. The only way for PCCG to get units is to make a internal order from Caseking (both shops are part of the same holding) but so far they didnt. I checked it with Caseking yesterday.

So, no problem with larger than 141mm width radiators in the top?
If you want to attach radiator directly to the top or aio bracket the max width is 141mm. You can use wider radiators by mounting fans first.

Reactions: Dampfbox

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
If you want to attach radiator directly to the top or aio bracket the max width is 141mm. You can use wider radiators by mounting fans first.
This is quite the letdown, especially since you yourself stated more than once that the preferrable config is all fans set to push out.

Gretschi

Case Bender
New User
May 11, 2022
Just finished my build 😍 love it so far. I went with the classic cooling route and gpu...

Parts:
- MSI Z690i MEG Unify
- Intel 13600kf
- Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM
- WD SN770 2TB Nvme SSD
- Nvidia RTX 4080 Founders Edition
- Noctua NH-D12L (1 Fan Config) as CPU Cooler
- Noctua NF-A12x15 Slim Fans above the GPU
- Noctua NF-A14 Side Fan

Great noise levels and pretty quiet also.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/vVuAiN3" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/vVuAiN3"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

m4nii

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2022
I just place a (huge) order of various water cooling stuff yesterday at alphacool (ekwb didn't have all of the stuff i needed in stock) - should arrive in the next days, then i'll start tubing/building. I'm going for all soft-tube with 13/10, some corner parts will be fixed with fittings-/extensions. Also i'll be using the enterprise quick connects from alphacool for easier (dis-) assembly, removing side-panel, gpu etc. without needing to drain the loop all the time...

Flow Plan is (we'll see how that works out in real life :D):
CPU Out --> Side-Rad In (90°, long tube on bottom, with quick connect, 90°)
Side-Rad Out -> Top-Rad In (pretty straight up, 90°, short tube (or quick connect, depends on the space), 2 x 90°)
Top-Rad Out -> GPU-In (2x 90°, 20mm extension, 90°, short tube, quick-connect OR 90°, short tube, quick-connect if i'm using bottom outlet)
GPU Out -> CPU In (quick-connect, 2x 90°, long tube, 90°)

What will be (very) interresting is filling the loop. Maybe i'll do this with the case laying on the side and using the fill port which is then on "top" of the waterblock... :-)

Also placed an Order at cablemod, mostly for a shorter 12VHPWR cable (190mm) and a shorter 24-pin cable (200mm), also a very short single-plug sata power cable (100mm) for the pump.

@blackreplica i'm using 25mm fans (Noctua NF-A14 PWM Chromax) and the AlphaCool NexXxos HPE-30 at the top and 45 at the side.

@Antioch yes i'm using the all-in-one combo block from EKWB - with the direct-die adapter for the intel cpus. the block is pretty much in-line with the back of the psu - i think its about 15mm distance to the radiator - but i'll measure it at the weekend.

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
then i'll start tubing/building. I'm going for all soft-tube with 13/10, some corner parts will be fixed with fittings-/extensions. Also i'll be using the enterprise quick connects from alphacool
I'm really excited to see your build, especially the placement of the quick connects 👍

mostly for a shorter 12VHPWR cable (190mm) and a shorter 24-pin cable (200mm), also a very short single-plug sata power cable (100mm) for the pump
Also thanks for sharing those numbers, please update us on how they worked out!

TheClash

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2017
Looks like it will be about $100 more to get it shipped from Computer Orbit... or wait several months...

While Dan has confirmed with Caseking that they dont have an order in, I spoke with pccasegear and they are adamant that they will have them in 'a couple of months'...