DAN C4-SFX

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I'm assuming it's because 280 is fully supported. I'm sure someone will find a way for 240s to work.
If the bracket only supports 280mm rads, then it should be pretty easy to buy/print/cut a 280 to 240 adapter so you can use 240mm rads.
If 280mm rads are the only ones supported, then I would think the reasoning is because they outperform 240 rads, so they're what most people would go with, so there's no reason to support something not a lot of people will use, especially if something is better.

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
Having support for both 240 and 280 rads on the same bracket would also cause airflow to a 280 rad to be somewhat impeded, though I'm not sure how detrimental this would be to temperatures and noise.
I can do eet! Mod, mod, mod your way to newer slimmer rad.

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
Noob question about possible fan setups and air cooling.
If you had Big Shuriken 3, which mounts the fan on top of the heatsink, and you want still to mount 2 more fans in the side panel (where the radiator goes). What would be the ideal configuration regarding exhaust and intake?

In reviews of similar layouts, looks like case fans make a big deal of improvement when mounted to exhaust. If I were to do that in this C4 SFX, I would have 1 of the side fans facing the one on the cooler and that's the thing that I'm struggling to solve. If both intake, bot exhaust, 50/50 ... Any hint or idea?
Maybe from someone who has an NCase M1 (since both cases are similar)?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@dondan, just curious, why is 240AIO support dropped? I have a EK240 and was planning to use it on C4

It will work with this:

or this:

or this:

or this:

Noob question about possible fan setups and air cooling.
If you had Big Shuriken 3, which mounts the fan on top of the heatsink, and you want still to mount 2 more fans in the side panel (where the radiator goes). What would be the ideal configuration regarding exhaust and intake?

In reviews of similar layouts, looks like case fans make a big deal of improvement when mounted to exhaust. If I were to do that in this C4 SFX, I would have 1 of the side fans facing the one on the cooler and that's the thing that I'm struggling to solve. If both intake, bot exhaust, 50/50 ... Any hint or idea?
Maybe from someone who has an NCase M1 (since both cases are similar)?

This heatsink is very sub optimal for a case like the C4-SFX becauase the chassis is designed for big Top-Down-Air coolers that comes close to the side panel like:

Phanteks PH-TC14CS
Noctua C14S
be quiet! Dark Rock TF2
be quiet! Shadow Rock

For the Big Shuriken 3 it depens on the GPU. NVIDIA RTX 3070 3080 (ti) 3090 2+140mm fan @ radiator bracket push out, for every other GPU pull in.

Last edited:

ebolamonkey3

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2021
Dan do you have a render of how the latest version looks? Having a bit of trouble visualizing this:

- GPU on top pulls air in and exhaust over left, right and back side. GPU will nearly not affect CPU cooling solutions)
- Tower Heatsink: Pull air from the back, exhaust over 140mm fan on the AIO bracket
- Top down Heatsink: Pull air from the bottom, exhaust over 2x140mm fan on the AIO bracket
- 280 AIO: Pull air from the bottom, exhaust over 2x140mm fan on the AIO bracket

For top down heatsinks wouldn't it pull in fresh air from the side panel? Or you're saying flip the fans and exhaust hot air out the side?

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
It will work with this:

or this:

or this:

or this:

This heatsink is very sub optimal for a case like the C4-SFX becauase the chassis is designed for big Top-Down-Air coolers that comes close to the side panel like:

Phanteks PH-TC14CS
Noctua C14S
be quiet! Dark Rock TF2
be quiet! Shadow Rock

For the Big Shuriken 3 it depens on the GPU. NVIDIA RTX 3070 3080 (ti) 3090 2+140mm fan @ radiator bracket push out, for every other GPU pull in.

Got it. I guess this has very much to do with what you already introduced in the "Thermal review" points 3.2 and 3.3. I should have figured it out.

Marijan

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2021
In my opinion the internals don‘t need to be painted in color, just the panels would be enough. I would be also interested in colors or shades …but the colors need to be very nice (not what you usually see with the competition). Maybe more what they nowadays do with smartphones?!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
A harder wearing paint inside would be great. Nearly pulled the trigger on a second hand Sliger s610 just because it's steel inside unlike the M1
That is the one thing I would have changed in my M1, a steel frame would have been nice. Not only for the better wear but you could get rid of the aluminum screws.

Reactions: Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
A harder wearing paint inside would be great. Nearly pulled the trigger on a second hand Sliger s610 just because it's steel inside unlike the M1

I'm looking at a used S610 too, and finding it hard to balance need vs want! The M1 is so capable and well thought out that it's hard to justify moving away

That is the one thing I would have changed in my M1, a steel frame would have been nice. Not only for the better wear but you could get rid of the aluminum screws.

My M1 came to me well used, I think I'm the 3rd owner. I think I've mentioned it here but I ended up having the frame repained by a car body shop then clear coated.
So, I have a unique M1 with a glossy metallic graphite coloured frame, which looks really handsome.
Some of the screws worry me, and I have a loose motherboard standoff that needs reattaching.

It's truly brilliant, but a little lacking in final strength when it's being carried round regularly.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

RockZors

Trash Compacter
Aug 21, 2018
The only thing i would have changed with my M1 is a larger GPU space for a 2.75 slot and some slim fans. Not sure if that will be possible with this case.

BennyBait

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
Perhaps a bit late to the party, but weight in an ITX case like this is very important to me - whether moving it from your desk to the living room, or taking it on a plane as carry on luggage.

It all adds up. I remember first picking up my Dan A4 out the box and thinking 'wow this is light' - it screams premium product.

Edit: Carbon Fibre case? 👀

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
@dondan Yo, immigrant hailing from FormD land with some questions.
1.) Will there be accessories, it'd be cool if there was a flat edged front panel like the T1 rather than Ghost styled curved edges
2.) Can the feet be removed without impacting performance, with the GPU on the top, because I'd like to get it a bit smaller

Thank you for any reply to this, the case looks awesome.

Last edited:

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
@RockZors: No
@Questors: Every other color will result in a price increase of $20

@fish.ch @Questors:

Every new color next to silver or black has to match a MOQ. Every case with the new color will costs me $20 more (now you have to add RMA units/parts, TAX, percental profit, Reseller percental profit). EXAMPLE: So at the end a silver or black unit will costs $200 while a red unit would costs ~$230 or more.
If the request is high enough extra colors are possible.
I see answers to three of my questions,
- Not targeting Q4 2021 anymore (Noted)
- There will be a black model (+$20, noted)
- Price range is between 200 and 250 (Noted)
Cool, now just the other questions remain

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@dondan Yo, immigrant hailing from FormD land with some questions.
1.) Will there be accessories, it'd be cool if there was a flat edged front panel like the T1 rather than Ghost styled curved edges
2.) Can the feet be removed without impacting performance, with the GPU on the top, because I'd like to get it a bit smaller

Thank you for any reply to this, the case looks awesome.

1) I do not like the look with a flat front panel this will only looks good if the side panel looks different like the mesh on T1.
2) Yes this will work if you use a tower style heatsink that get its air from the back.

I see answers to three of my questions,
- Not targeting Q4 2021 anymore (Noted)
- There will be a black model (+$20, noted)
- Price range is between 200 and 250 (Noted)
Cool, now just the other questions remain
- the black model will costs the same as silver