DAN C4-SFX

mkoclega

Chassis Packer
Apr 23, 2020
C4 must not be other form of Ncase. You should add some killer feature like mAtx compatibility in smallest possible form like +10mm height to ncase, or be smaller. I totally do not like increase in size - better not to wait for C4 and buy right now ncase. No need to look for this oversized by marketing gpus if we have fantastic founders edition.
No riser (v4 now), Noctua D9, 2080-3080 founders in smallest possible form - thats a killer for me.
Just opinion.
You have plenty of small cases to choose from. Making another one would definitely not be a killer.
For me a killer would be a sandwich case with two glass (not acrylic) panels and GOOD ventilation, which (with non-vented panels) means there must be room for one or two intake fans and two exhaust fans + 240/280 rad.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Shasmeina & @Jeydub In sandwich mode the Corsair 80i will not fit. In classic mode it will be possible. It is the same for dual 120mm AIO support. I think in sandwich mode the AIO next to the back panel will have problems with the tubing.

@warspitebattleship For me the RTX FE is a poor construction. On the one hand it is the most beautiful card - on the other hand it is unnecessary noisy. I can't see a reason why this card has a IDLE fan speed of 1500rpm. Furthermore it is locked in the GPU bios so no tool can adjust it. You have to flash the firmware to remove this lock. The most craziest think is, that the card fans run with slower speeds up to the point the operation system loads the nvidia driver.

hblockx

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 3, 2020
Hello there,
i am looking for a sff case for 3 years now and as the 7l cases are fascinating me, i think for many years a 11l case would make me happier. So i was rly looking after the ghost with the large tophat but this one was super expensive and impossible to get. As the C4 looks like the better ghost s1 (for me) i rly appreciate the change to support normal fans with 240mm radiator. I am living in Germany and would already pay for one. Good job!

Reactions: teajanky

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Update:

We see light at the end of the tunnel. The only missing part for the prototypes is the USB-C internal cable.
In the last week Lian Li got some power button samples with different surface finish and some panels with silk screen logo printing. Here are two pictures:

Circular Brushed Power Button:

Sand Blasted Power Button:

Last week I asked you about 3 Slot support for classic layout and I made the decision to add this feature. So, after I made my decision on the position for the power button and the need of USB-C front I/O based on the current prototypes I will order the final prototypes.

Thank you, stay safe
Daniel

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Update:

We see light at the end of the tunnel. The only missing part for the prototypes is the USB-C internal cable.
In the last week Lian Li got some power button samples with different surface finish and some panels with silk screen logo printing. Here are two pictures:

Last week I asked you about 3 Slot support for classic layout and I made the decision to add this feature. So, after I made my decision on the position for the power button and the need of USB-C front I/O based on the current prototypes I will order the final prototypes.

Thank you, stay safe
Daniel

I think I prefer the circular brushed power button, but it’s hard to really see it from an angle. Can you take some pictures from the front if possible? Excited to see the final design!

KotanMadness

Case Bender
New User
May 4, 2020
Hi DAN and somebody, i am spanish, sorry for my english, i am interesting in this case, i want know what legs will it have, and if my cooler master 212 can enter the case, my think is put cooler master 212 with 2 fan SF120M of cooler master (industrial fan). Thanks. Time release? XD sorry, this question is so repetitive.

stenback

What's an ITX?
New User
May 3, 2020
Hey ? new here, but been creeping for a little while (would love for the C4 to be my first SFF build). From this angle, I like the contrast of the brushed button.

fiendishdrwu

Efficiency Noob
Apr 19, 2020
The brushed power button is definitely the way to go. On the finish of the sample you have it makes for a wonderful contrast while remaining understated. It would look really nice against a dark finish on the case as well.

Update:

Thank you, stay safe
Daniel

Reactions: hblockx

Notional

Trash Compacter
Sep 5, 2019
If it supports tripple pci GPU's in classic, will it support 24cm radiators with full size fans when the gpu is in sandwich layout?

Also I only see 1 pcie slot on the back for sandwich layout. But many GPU's (even the one you render the pics with) has an output on the second row. Will this be changed, so you can access the second row IO?

Last, tempered glass is standard for even budget cases. Will there really not be any for this case?

McPhee

Trash Compacter
Feb 19, 2020
Update:

Thank you, stay safe
Daniel

From that photo, definitely the brushed button.

Hi DAN and somebody, i am spanish, sorry for my english, i am interesting in this case, i want know what legs will it have, and if my cooler master 212 can enter the case, my think is put cooler master 212 with 2 fan SF120M of cooler master (industrial fan). Thanks. Time release? XD sorry, this question is so repetitive.

The 212 is 159mm tall. The case is only 148mm wide. You're looking at 92mm fan coolers if you want a tower.

Daniel, how about 280 radiator at the top? With these dimensions it should be doable.

The case isn't wide enough. See the first page.

If it supports tripple pci GPU's in classic, will it support 24cm radiators with full size fans when the gpu is in sandwich layout?

Also I only see 1 pcie slot on the back for sandwich layout. But many GPU's (even the one you render the pics with) has an output on the second row. Will this be changed, so you can access the second row IO?

Last, tempered glass is standard for even budget cases. Will there really not be any for this case?

30mm thick radiator + 25mm thick fans.

IIRC it's a structural issue. Too many cutouts in the rear would make the case too weak.

AFAIK Dan is planning TG for this case.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I think I prefer the circular brushed power button, but it’s hard to really see it from an angle.
This is true. It is very hard to make a picture of it that is close to the reality. In the wrong angle the reflection of the camera light is to hard and it does not look good. It is the same button that is used on the Lian Li Q37WX, Q38 or Q50 you can google it for more pictures.

Daniel, how about 280 radiator at the top? With these dimensions it should be doable.
The average 280 radiator is 320mm in length. This is longer than the case itself.

For the first two questions please refer to my last update post: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/dan-c4-sfx-update-04-05-2020.12329/page-19#post-196146

The problem with tempered glass is the thickness. The default thickness is 3 or 5mm. Even on 3mm it is hard to get black tinted ones. This case requires to have 2mm or the panel will be much higher as the front panel. If I made the gab bigger so 3mm will fit, the default panel will not fit any longer, because it is 1.5mm. This is the reason why many cases are only sold with glass panel or in a different version with metal panels.

For the C4-SFX 2mm is the maximum thickness for the glass to look good. Now I need to find a factory, that can do this with smooth edges, tempered and black tinted. I will search for it, but currently I have only acrylic. It would be also possible to make the panels here in Germany, because here are factories that can do it - but the price will be high!

Reactions: Notional

McPhee

Trash Compacter
Feb 19, 2020
That TG news is a blow. My gut feeling is that acrylic doesn't really belong on a ~£200 premium case. But I can appreciate the problem. Presumably even if you could get 2mm thick tinted TG, there's a real risk of it being fragile at that thickness?

The photos look good though. Will be interesting to see what people think once they've had hands-on time.

Reactions: Notional

Ansau

Chassis Packer
Jun 5, 2017
Can we please have 280 rad support?
280 rad support implies a very big jump in volume and foot print. People already lost their minds and started submitting entrance to psychiatric for a mere 6mm height increase that resulted in 0.3l increase in volume. Expect mass suicide for what you're asking xd

If 280 rad support is unquestionable from your side, better look at cases above 15l, you'll be dissapointed in anything smaller...

Notional

Trash Compacter
Sep 5, 2019
For the C4-SFX 2mm is the maximum thickness for the glass to look good. Now I need to find a factory, that can do this with smooth edges, tempered and black tinted. I will search for it, but currently I have only acrylic. It would be also possible to make the panels here in Germany, because here are factories that can do it - but the price will be high!
Would it make sense to follow the same design choice Mjölnir uses? An alu frame with the glass inside of it?
If not, I doubt most people would care that the glass panel is thicker. Like McPhee says, acryllic just doesn't fit on a high end case.