DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I really like the contrast between the visible chassis frame by the IO cutout on the silver version; I think the top IO looks good too, having thought I'd definitely prefer the side IO from the original renders.
If I had a black version, I'd be tempted to paint or powdercoat the chassis a contrasting colour!
I look forward to seeing populated cases, keep up the epic work @dondan

Reactions: Metroversal

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
I really like the contrast between the visible chassis frame by the IO cutout on the silver version; I think the top IO looks good too, having thought I'd definitely prefer the side IO from the original renders.
If I had a black version, I'd be tempted to paint or powdercoat the chassis a contrasting colour!
I look forward to seeing populated cases, keep up the epic work @dondan
^This.

I keep telling @dondan that space grey + the visible black chassis frame would look even better than the current prototypes.
The case would pair nicely with a lot of accessories. imo if he want's to make a design similar to Apple's he should consider Space Grey as a color option
Also, sandblasting could look better than brushed aluminum.

Reactions: Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I keep telling @dondan that space grey + the visible black chassis frame would look even better than the current prototypes.
The case would pair nicely with a lot of accessories. imo if he want's to make a design similar to Apple's he should consider Space Grey as a color option
Also, sandblasting could look better than brushed aluminum.

I totally agree with you, Metro; we're on the same wavelength here.
To be fair to Dan, he has explored the possibilities with Lian Li, and has, (on a number of occasions), said that any deviation in colour or finish from their standard materials puts the price up hugely.
That said, it would be interesting to hear how much a space grey variant would cost, as it is just a different dye at the anodising stage.
It's still expensive I guess, as they don't hold stock alu in that colour or won't get the bulk discount they do on black alu..
I would also love sandblasted alu over brushed, but again that will push the price up even more.
I'll be happy to see the C4 up & running and available before worrying about prefect colours.
I could ask the local powdercoating companies how much it would be to coat the chassis in another colour; otherwise I do know a good number of vehicle sprayers...

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
any deviation in colour or finish from their standard materials puts the price up hugely.
Yea, I understood that part. I just wanted to point out that Lian Li's PC-O11 WGX (ROG Edition) is grey instead of the usual black. So maybe there's still a chance for another color variant.
Would just be nice if Dan and Lian Li are able to make it look as awesome as in the renders on page 1.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Good point, that's what's got lost between the renders and prototype....
Just looked at page 1 again, and the panels are distinctly 'light black' [Graphite/Raven/Grey...] and do contrast with the frame.
Yes it would be nice if that colour scheme were possible to achieve, nice to have a change from all black.

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
As always, you can DIY mod your case to make it one of a kind, and in a lot of ways I prefer it, but I did build a gaming computer using refurbished server components when pretty much everyone said it was a bad idea (Which it is for someone who moves a lot, hence the SFF builds I do now).

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The C4-SFX samples will arrive in the next days. Maybe tomorrow. I will be sponsored by Alphacool for wster cooling test hardware and maybe will work on a custom reservoir for custom loops with them. I also made the decision to test a slide in mounting system so you will not have visible screws on the mounting system.

Mallot

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2017
If you're able to influence them, it'd be great if you could get them to make it possible to buy a 30mm rad and the LT block.

Reactions: SirJack

Crysilus

Caliper Novice
Nov 7, 2017
The C4-SFX samples will arrive in the next days. Maybe tomorrow. I will be sponsored by Alphacool for wster cooling test hardware and maybe will work on a custom reservoir for custom loops with them. I also made the decision to test a slide in mounting system so you will not have visible screws on the mounting system.
Ohhh this is exciting. I'm all for waiting if I can get a custom loop as a possibility. Plus I'm still waiting on the next gen of graphics cards anyway soooo.....

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
LAck of May Kickstarter is disappointing, but the upside for me is that I have a bit more time to complete the C4 SFX fund, so that I have enough to pay for it out of money put aside when the KS goes live.
Silver or Black? Top IO or Side IO? Such deliberation!

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
@dondan can you see if alphacool would sell their eisbaer lt pump with a thicker rad (30mm instead of 25) to C4 buyers or maybe we could do a bulk order?

Cheers

Fledder

Caliper Novice
Oct 21, 2017

Damnit, now I have to repained the door of the fridge.
If you put it on kickstarter in a month with 31 days I am fine :)
Although I have crossed out up to the 18th already.... darn

Anyway, take your time to bring us the best you can design (but try to keep it to 2018)

Reactions: AbdullahQuan

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
So guys the first day testing the C4-SFX samples is over. The quality is very good and the samples looks so good. I made the decission to go with the side i/o version because it looks awesome.

Here and there are tiny things that need to optimized on the metal parts and cable lengths but nothing critical. Furthermore i used the day to make some first testing with my Ryzen, Titan X Pascal and a single 120mm AIO for the CPU.
I tested all possible configuration ( fan suck in, fan suck out, differences between no panel, vented panel and window panel and difference with radiator on bottom or on top).
The resuls are very great and in the expected range. I will post the results and some pictures tomorrow. Keep in mind this is only a preview test because my i7 8700 and more AIOs will arrive next week.

What i can say that cable management is a bit more tricky on the C4 but if you don't hurry and think about what you do it is very doable. I use the default Corsair cables and it looks very clean.

enome

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2018
what if you prefer to have the AIOs at the top (placing the entire rig on your right side so window side will be on the left)
how would the feets/cover be inverted?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The top and bottom panel will fit on both sides. So just switch them rotate the case and rotate the front panel. This takes 2minutes.

Reactions: VegetableStu
Status
Not open for further replies.