DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus40K

Case Bender
May 9, 2018
this is the case i'm looking forward to. my only concern now is the USB 3.1 Type-C port is not so popular at all.

Andrew.J.Vigil

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2017
Finally caught up on the thread after I first started reading about it a couple months ago and then forgot about it.... Silly me.....
My S4 MINI needs a big brother. SUPER PUMPED!!

Finn was a new case

What's an ITX?
May 11, 2018
Is everything screwed together? or riveted? how difficult will it be to send off for custom paint job? I am deciding between waiting for this case (and having it painted) and ghost s1 in white.
yer man i feel the same way, i need a date now or i'm just going to buy the ghost s1.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Lian Li build the prototypes again and now the quality is very good. Here are some pictures of the top i/o version:

mrbonkers

Cable Smoosher
Feb 25, 2018
Do we have the option of having a solid panel for the motherboard side?
Also, which would be final choice for I/O? Prefer the sides (hence, flippable case)

Etz

Chassis Packer
May 7, 2018
Top IO looks so much better than side one, blends nicely into desgin.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Again, I'm sold on the Side I/O version. Looks simply stunning and has better looking feet imo.

@dondan I already asked this: any chance we can get a different color option instead of black?
Lian Li's PC-O11 WGX has a nice color...

Also, is brushed aluminum mandatory at all? Would be cool if you opted for a smooth finish for once.

Do we have the option of having a solid panel for the motherboard side?
Also, which would be final choice for I/O? Prefer the sides (hence, flippable case)
If the motherboard side is solid the PSU fan will have no air intake.

DaveMan20

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2018
@dondan
Hi Dan, I'm a big fan of this case and will definitely be getting one. However I prefer the side io as it gives versatility as to which side of a desk you can place it on. Any chance you could do a poll to see which version of the case the community prefers?

wabbit

Efficiency Noob
Apr 28, 2018
Must admit to being curious what you're all doing with USB C, afraid I'm not exactly down with the kids.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@dondan I love it! :D

Now let's make the the USB port black instead of blue then I'll be quite happy with it. Of course USB-Type C will be a nice bonus.

mrbonkers

Cable Smoosher
Feb 25, 2018

can the cut out be slightly smaller as there seems to be a gap

really love this design and colour too

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
can the cut out be slightly smaller as there seems to be a gap

really love this design and colour too
I do believe that is a shadow, not a gap. The panel should have the same dimensions as the TG panel, which overlaps the side.

q_fleuren

Minimal Tinkerer
May 7, 2018
As you can see on this picture it is normal. The case was designed to have this 0.25mm gap between the front panel.

The front panel sag down a bit on the left side. I allready have a solution for this problem. There will be two extra pins that will not go into a plastic clip they will got into a hole. But currently it looks like these holes are not small enough.

I am sorry but this is not possible, because you at least a clip on every corner of the panel. On the lower right corner it will collide with radiator. On the upper right corner it will make it impossible to install a GPU.

@dondan
Just trying to think with you here ;)

The slide click system i have in mind would take just as much space inside as the normal clicksystem the m1case uses but the panel itself would be far less able to move away from the case and looking from the side that side panel would only able to rotate a tiny amount (counter) clockwise. Think of the way some cases make use of a slideclick for storage devices but for the panel itself
You would only need 1 screw around the middle back(rear) to prevent the panel from moving back and ''unlocking'' itself
I'll try to draw a simplified drawing of it if my SW license hasnt expired.

Or maybe even simpeler
Have the screws to the back on the rear end of the case and replace the 2 in the front with small clips that catch the ridge already present? I have no map of what is inside with the current mockups with looking at it from the outside there should be enough space for that
(think of a refined system ofwhat they use on bigger cases)

In both cases (pun intended) you would have to pull the panel to the back and then away from the case to remove them

Last edited:

q_fleuren

Minimal Tinkerer
May 7, 2018
@dondan
Just trying to think with you here ;)

The slide click system i have in mind would take just as much space inside as the normal clicksystem the m1case uses but the panel itself would be far less able to move away from the case and looking from the side that side panel would only able to rotate a tiny amount (counter) clockwise. Think of the way some cases make use of a slideclick for storage devices but for the panel itself
You would only need 1 screw around the middle back(rear) to prevent the panel from moving back and ''unlocking'' itself
I'll try to draw a simplified drawing of it if my SW license hasnt expired.
@dondan

a very quick very terrible sketchup of what i ment. the pin could be very thinn maybe 0.3mm thick so it only adds that to the existing material being even thinner resulting in more clearance and visually pleasing
Im sure you get the general idea XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.