DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2018
@dondan Is it possible for the USB 3 headers to be flat and shorter? I have the same problem with my Ncase M1, the cable was just to bulky to properly hide, and It felt like the pins in the motherboard would be damaged because the cable itself was being push out jst by sheer bulk

Reactions: rosinbole

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here are some more pictures of the C4-SFX. Yes you look right there is no type-c port on the i/o. I tried everything to keep it but the port itself requires a very long part behind the port that will collide with the front hdd. The supplier make some tests to make it shorter but failed.

Lollipop

Efficiency Noob
Apr 21, 2018
Nice work @dondan. Anyway, I just can’t stop thinking that if it possible or not that you use the same structure of cpu and gpu on c4 as a4, so we can have both TG on 2 side panel to see gpu and cpu.

FdeFons

Caliper Novice
Dec 8, 2017
Here are some more pictures of the C4-SFX. Yes you look right there is no type-c port on the i/o. I tried everything to keep it but the port itself requires a very long part behind the port that will collide with the front hdd. The supplier make some tests to make it shorter but failed.

This case is fantastic, the version of lateral I/O is impressive, good job :)

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018

I think the best one here is the one with the USB port on the side panels. With it on top or bottom makes it look like an ncase.

q_fleuren

Minimal Tinkerer
May 7, 2018
Nice work on the case! the one with the ports on the side looks the best, just praying you will get rid of those disgustang screws on the panels and use a slide click system instead :eek:

@dondan

The reason most people have such hate for the clips is the fact they dont close everything properly if the panels arent 10000000000000% flat (which is never)

My M1 has splits everywhere and its the reason im getting rid of it.

Last edited:

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
Nice work on the case! the one with the ports on the side looks the best, just praying you will get rid of those disgustang screws on the panels and use a slide click system instead :eek:

@dondan

The reason most people have such hate for the clips is the fact they dont close everything properly if the panels arent 10000000000000% flat (which is never)

My M1 has splits everywhere and its the reason im getting rid of it.
pay atttention in the third pic, the frontal is not totally fitted. This what happen with my ncase.
I solve it putting some papper to force the close, but is not a definitive solution.

Mallot

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2017
What's the point of having glass/acrylic panels on both sides? On side is blocked by motherboard tray.... I imagine the backside of the tray isn't very pretty either.

I hope you can choose to only buy for one side.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
pay atttention in the third pic, the frontal is not totally fitted.
You can see a bit of an irregular gap on the top-front of the black case too.

One of the things that's kept me from moving forward with a new case is exactly these kinds of manufacturing issues. Coming up with design strategies to deal with them is nontrivial, and alternatives to the stud+clip system come with their own challenges. Nevertheless, I hear people's complaints about the panel uniformity issues and it's something that I'm definitely giving priority to in any new designs I work on. I want the fit and finish to reflect what people expect from a $200 case.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
pay atttention in the third pic, the frontal is not totally fitted. This what happen with my ncase.
I solve it putting some papper to force the close, but is not a definitive solution.

As you can see on this picture it is normal. The case was designed to have this 0.25mm gap between the front panel.

You can see a bit of an irregular gap on the top-front of the black case too.

The front panel sag down a bit on the left side. I allready have a solution for this problem. There will be two extra pins that will not go into a plastic clip they will got into a hole. But currently it looks like these holes are not small enough.

I am sorry but this is not possible, because you at least a clip on every corner of the panel. On the lower right corner it will collide with radiator. On the upper right corner it will make it impossible to install a GPU.

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The front panel sag down a bit on the left side. I allready have a solution for this problem. There will be two extra pins that will not go into a plastic clip they will got into a hole. But currently it looks like these holes are not small enough.
Are they the same welded pins as used with the clips?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Currently yes i am thinking of switching to round stand offs.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
That might be best. In my experience, much of the time the cause of misaligned panels is one or more of the welded studs being crooked.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
What was the length the supplier could do, btw?

Michael1635

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 28, 2018
Dat top i/o tho.

Really liking the case pics. If the i/o is on top will their be room for a type C port?

wabbit

Efficiency Noob
Apr 28, 2018
Nice looking prototypes

I seem to remember you're slotting the riser card to help airflow, is there any chance of designing the pcb to include mounting holes for a 40mm fan?

waldoh

Efficiency Noob
Aug 16, 2016
Is everything screwed together? or riveted? how difficult will it be to send off for custom paint job? I am deciding between waiting for this case (and having it painted) and ghost s1 in white.

Status
Not open for further replies.