DAN C4-SFX & C4-MATX

Covuk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 13, 2023
104
110
Yes, about £200 delivered if I recall.

If they'd been available, I'd have bought one for my son too by now as in the time since v1, he's turned old enough for his own PC. The combination of quality and size was perfect in my view.
 

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
1,266
1,102
Grand Junction, CO, USA
@dondan - Any info on a release date at this time...? Will there be a larger number produced than the V1, will there be more than one run...? I really want to get one to move my ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Impact mDTX (with a 5800X3D CPU) build out of my Lian Li TU150 chassis, but I worry that the V2 may come and go before I can secure one...
 

Covuk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 13, 2023
104
110
@dondan - Any info on a release date at this time...? Will there be a larger number produced than the V1, will there be more than one run...? I really want to get one to move my ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Impact mDTX (with a 5800X3D CPU) build out of my Lian Li TU150 chassis, but I worry that the V2 may come and go before I can secure one...

The below was posted on Reddit:

dan_cases

1mo ago

end of Q4-26 or Q1-27
 

Covuk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 13, 2023
104
110
I may be wrong, but my feeling is that for the cases he releases himself under the Dan brand, it's self financed. He has to pay for the run, and the shipping to suppliers. Then obviously wait to be paid by the suppliers and also deal with any faulty returns etc.
I can excuse him in this sense only having the confidence for one container-load at a time, but I suspect that even Dan himself might admit in hindsight that not ordering another run of v1 given the time its taken to produce v2 was a mistake. Will he do more this time? Only Dan knows that one and I suspect that demand for v2 when its on sale will inform that decision.

As for pricing, I'd expect a considerable bump. Production and international shipping costs have risen a lot in this time, just accounting for inflation would add over £50 on its own. I'd expect over £300, with £349 being my rough guess but it could hit higher
 
  • Like
Reactions: Boil and rfarmer

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
1,266
1,102
Grand Junction, CO, USA
As for pricing, I'd expect a considerable bump. Production and international shipping costs have risen a lot in this time, just accounting for inflation would add over £50 on its own. I'd expect over £300, with £349 being my rough guess but it could hit higher

BIG OOF...! That high a price might just push me back towards considering a new (old) mobo and the Lian Li x Dan Cases A4-H2O (in silver) to transplant my current build into...

New (old) mobo because my current mobo is the ASUS C8I, which is mDTX...

I would augment the chassis with:
  • be quiet! Pure Loop 3 240 AIO (refillable)
  • Noctua NF-A12x25 G2 PWM Sx2-PP fans (in black)
  • Custom cables from Dreambigbyray (24-pin mobo, 8-pin EPS, 8-pin PCI x2)