DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tephnos

Average Stuffer
Jul 5, 2017
To give you some updates on the development progress. Here is CAD screenshot. Maybe you can see some new internal features.

So far, so good. I see you're designing with an exhaust fan configuration for the AIO pump but I hope you won't neglect to do intake testing as well. The ideal should always be to intake fresh air from a purely technical perspective (colder air will transfer more heat to it versus just trying to push out hot air).

Plus it will guarantee a positive pressure setup which is always good.

Reactions: Arboreal

Tephnos

Average Stuffer
Jul 5, 2017
that would work on plain anodized panels but for the most part, when brushed aluminium are exposed to body oil, etc, it would eat into the texture of the brushed aluminium itself. if you are skeptical, you may try it yourself on a brushed aluminium panel and leave the fingerprints on it overnight. it would be almost impossible to remove it without leaving a visible imprint behind.

Agree with this. Brushed absolutely sucks. If you get any of the black ones, say hello to forever fingerprint - it just looks crap. It reminds me of the piano black glossy finishes of the 00s. Looks great but looks bad as soon as you start touching it.

If Lian Li offer it, drop the brushed. Please. Otherwise, you may as well as only offer the silver colour because at least that one hides the skin oils.

Reactions: Beardedswede

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Alur: Yes this is one of the new feature. I think it was time that also on SFF we have features to hide cables. To make the build look super clean. Also the radiators and fan's are covered from the side for a cleaner look.

@AlexTSG: There will be a manual included that will document the complete assembly process.

@Tephnos: I will check bead blasted anodized with Lian Li but I think the price will be $25 higher and I think this it is not worth. Btw also on non brushed or bead blasted anodized you will see fingerprints. I work with gloves while assembly the cases.

@Bonusround: Yes the case is still flip able.

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2018
Not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me, but from the looks of the cad drawing, the GPU will in fact overlap the motherboard? That is different from the traditional A4 design, correct?

What will then be the max height of the CPU pump and the vrm heatsinks (for them to not interfere with the GPU)?

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
@Tephnos: I will check bead blasted anodized with Lian Li but I think the price will be $25 higher and I think this it is not worth. Btw also on non brushed or bead blasted anodized you will see fingerprints. I work with gloves while assembly the cases.
@dondan that is a very reasonable price for blasted anodized. as for non brushed anodized finish, you will definitely see fingerprints. however from my personal experience, it is very much easier to clean the fingerprints off compared to brushed aluminium as they do no have the micro grooves on the surface of the metal which is prone to trapping oil particles more easily compared to non blasted anodized finish. i really wish that bead blasted anodized finish will be incorporated into the final design

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Maniac: You are right with the GPU above the motherboard. It will be 54mm + 5mm (Backplate GPU Zone) for the pump. Normally the backplate is 3mm, so you have 57mm of total space for the pump. Default Asetek AIOs need 40-45mm and the NZXT X52 53mm.

Tephnos

Average Stuffer
Jul 5, 2017
$25 for sandblasted?

Absolutely worth it. This case is so far an aesthetic beauty, and that added touch of 'Apple' like premium sandblasted finish would really seal the deal. The NCASE had constant demands for sandblasted panels before the idea was turned down.

If the black aluminium is going to be fingerprinty no matter what, that's fine. Silver it is for me then.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
@Bonusround: Yes the case is still flip able.

Thank you. When the case is flipped, does the PSU orientation also reverse and, if so, how does it exhaust heat? I'm guessing the bracket inside might rotate.

Second, an observation and suggestion regarding the latest render. I admire how the top cover now drops down over the edges onto the left and right sides – the single piece is seamless, with fewer lines. Very nice.

In a similar vein, would you consider removing the bottom flange and extending the side panels flush to the bottom of the case, similar to the sides on the A4? The single-piece sides of the A4 give it such a clean look – I wonder if it's possible to replicate that here. Glass all the way to the bottom would look quite excellent.

Thank you for being so receptive to our questions and feedback, and for sharing your work with us. I love my A4, and it's most enjoyable watching your new designs come to life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.