DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvis

Efficiency Noob
Sep 17, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have two questions for you:

1) Is it worth dropping 2x 120mm AIO support for not seeing screws on the side panel?
2) What do you prefer USB Typ-C or Audio+Microphone?
As long as 240mm AIO is supported, it would be fine. I personally do not use Front A+M, type-c would be better.
And when this case will be released? I cannot wait to fit a 2080TI inside!

LazyGamer

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

1) Is it worth dropping 2x 120mm AIO support for not seeing screws on the side panel?

1) I would have to see photos, but on the A4 the screws don't look bad.
2) I would prefer Type-C by a long shot, I don't think i've ever used front panel audio.

EDIT: Thinking about it more I would like support for 2x120mm

Last edited:

Kwestionable

Efficiency Noob
Sep 18, 2018
1) Absolutely keep the 2x120mm rad support, that is really what makes this case special!
2) Type C is nice and very useful with modern mobile devices.

liudashuai

Efficiency Noob
Sep 26, 2018
Hi everyone,

1)Honestly,i dont think a gpu with a 120mm AIO looks good.(evga 2080Ti Hybrid XC ,it looks weird.)I prefer three fans air-cooling and full coverage waterblock .(ftw3,Hydro Copper Waterblock)I don't know if it is necessary to use liquid cooling for the rtx 20 GPU.Compared to supporting GPU's 120mm AIO,I think support 2.75 slots is more important. As far as I know, the 20 series are mostly 2 slots or 2.75 slots. I don't know the meaning of 2.5 slots.
If it is for supporting 2.75 slots or easier custom loop ,it is worth dropping 2x 120mm AIO support.But for screws,I dont know.
2)usb-c

liudashuai

Efficiency Noob
Sep 26, 2018
I didn't see anyone clearly saying that he wants to use 2x 120mm AIO.
Most of them say “someone”,but where is this “someone”?

liudashuai

Efficiency Noob
Sep 26, 2018
I mean, if you think that 2 slots of air cooling can not effectively dissipate heat, you should pay more attention to supporting 2.75 slots or better custom loops Instead of focusing on 2x120mm AIO.
However, this is only my opinion. If 2x120mm AIO has a better effect, then it may be worthwhile to do so.

mcwobby

Chassis Packer
Sep 23, 2018
Hi everyone,

No strong feeling on the radiator. I would use the single 240 but also don’t think screws on the side panel would detract anything from the case so would be fine if you include the dual 120mm mounts for the people who wanted it.

I have USB- C headphones, so USB-C is my ideal front panel audio

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
1) Please keep 2x 120mm AIO support. For people that won't be making custom loops and still want to liquid cool the GPU it is essential
If you don't make a custom loop, AiO solutions for GPUs are rather limited anyway, aren't they (serious question, I am new to water cooling)?

bryceoj

Case Bender
Sep 25, 2018
USB-C for the front panel interface for sure.

They even make USB-C to 3.5mm audio jack dongles so those who want front audio can do it with one of those. Example

wykydtronik

Trash Compacter
Jun 26, 2018
1.) No opinion.
2.) USB-C. I personally haven't used 3.5mm IO for headphones since 2009, I prefer USB based audio devices.

talkion

Chassis Packer
Mar 10, 2017
1) Not sure why everyone is eager to drop 120mm support just for no visible screws? It's a very minor aesthetic change, and the screws are countersunk anyway.. Even if you aren't going to have that kind of set up, it's a win to have that kind of flexibility
2) Definitely USB-C, since you still don't see it on a lot of motherboard I/O

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
1. 2 x 120 might be worth a couple of screws

2. USB-C 100 % but I still think that the less IO on the case, the better. :)

omega24

Caliper Novice
Dec 11, 2017
I didn't see anyone clearly saying that he wants to use 2x 120mm AIO.
Most of them say “someone”,but where is this “someone”?
I know I didn't specifically say I wanted to use the 2x 120mm option in my response to dan, but that is my plan. If I purchase this case I absolutely intend to use dual 120mm AIOs, and if that option is removed I will be very disappointed. Also @dondan I know you've previously said no to this, but if there is any way you can squeeze a 3.5" hard drive option in this case it truly would be the perfect case.

papsicleboy

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
Hi everyone,

@dondan
1. absolutely keep the 2x120mm support, its part of what makes this case so desirable the way I see it. It's so low volume yet could have great temps with aio on cpu+gpu. I absolutely plan on doing this and will be very disappointed to see it go just for a couple of screws.

2. usb c for sure

optimumtech

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2018
1. Keep the dual 120mm support, I don't think the screws ruin the aesthetics (only bulging thumb screws do).
2. USB-C

Great to see some progress on this thread again, and hope the little one is doing great Dan!
Also, If I can help out in any way, please feel free to reach out.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
1. Keep the dual 120mm support, I don't think the screws ruin the aesthetics (only bulging thumb screws do).
2. USB-C

Great to see some progress on this thread again, and hope the little one is doing great Dan!
Also, If I can help out in any way, please feel free to reach out.
Would love to see a C4 prototype review after those Cerberus videos go up!

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

1) I will not use two 120 myself, but if the screws aren't that noticeable... maybe it's ok just to appeal a bigger audience
2) USB type C for sure. What is the point of having beautiful case with ugly cables sticking out the front? Everyone I know uses USB headphones anyway, or ones plugged into DAC's.

Last edited:

david.giessing

Trash Compacter
Jul 3, 2018
I mean, if you think that 2 slots of air cooling can not effectively dissipate heat, you should pay more attention to supporting 2.75 slots or better custom loops Instead of focusing on 2x120mm AIO.
However, this is only my opinion. If 2x120mm AIO has a better effect, then it may be worthwhile to do so.

The build that I am planning will most likely use a hybrid gpu + an aio. Also 2.5 slots were the maximum for 1080tis, so that's where that is coming from. I really don't see your problem with the looks of hyrbid GPUs. If you are not using the TG panel you won't see a lot of them anyways. You also wontb be able to use tg with an air-cooled card as it can't pull in fresh air from the outside. So why bother. From what I know hybrid GPUs are quiter than their air-cooled counter parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.